Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

As he watched, the handle of the blade was obliterated in a large flash of light. However, Nameless could just barely see the blade pass through the barrier unscathed.

Nameless smiled, turning towards the rest of the group. "We're going to need a blacksmith. That and a lot of iron."

5 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Excellent. Let's go there."

"Fine. But I don't know where you're going to get all the iron you need. It's relatively scarce in a small realm such as this, and I don't know that the king is going to give up the contents of the treasury for your misadventures." She began leading the way.

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Fine. But I don't know where you're going to get all the iron you need. It's relatively scarce in a small realm such as this, and I don't know that the king is going to give up the contents of the treasury for your misadventures." She began leading the way.

Nameless followed Mell happily. "We may need less than you think."

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"About how much are you thinking? Also, didn't you do it magically just now anyway? Why do you need a blacksmith?"

"I'm not sure how much. Enough to make some sort of insulation out of; shouldn't need to be very thick."

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

sure! It'll be fun! get some straw, shouldn't be an issue.

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Did you get lost again?

The streets surely have changed in however long it has been.

Calano chuckles mentally.

I'm not lost, I remembered where this is, which means I remember where to go.

And, if I'm right, then their house should be right... here.

Calano stopped and turned to a house that stood in front of them. It was the exact same house they had escaped in the backyard of, all those years ago.

Calano squeezed Emma's hand and said, "I'm nervous."

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

"I'm not sure how much. Enough to make some sort of insulation out of; shouldn't need to be very thick."

"I understand that, but if you need to fit four people in there, it's still a lot of iron for our limited supply. And again, there's the question of how you'll convince anyone to let you take a chunk of the stuff into the void." She paused her walk for a moment, clearly deep in thought. "Not only that, but if this material is so indestructible, how do you plan on getting out once you've gotten to... wherever you're going? I feel like there are a lot of holes in this plan of yours."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

"I understand that, but if you need to fit four people in there, it's still a lot of iron for our limited supply. And again, there's the question of how you'll convince anyone to let you take a chunk of the stuff into the void." She paused her walk for a moment, clearly deep in thought. "Not only that, but if this material is so indestructible, how do you plan on getting out once you've gotten to... wherever you're going? I feel like there are a lot of holes in this plan of yours."

Nameless paused, considering. "We'll make a door, of course. We'll need to do tests to ensure that it can actually insulate stuff."

15 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless paused, considering. "We'll make a door, of course. We'll need to do tests to ensure that it can actually insulate stuff."

Kareena listened intently, waiting for a pause in the conversation before adding her thoughts. Finally, it came. "Who says we need four people? One or two can go to test it first. And if it doesn't work, then you can keep your precious iron. We don't need all of it, do we? What do you think, Nameless?"

2 minutes ago, Kajsa said:

Kareena listened intently, waiting for a pause in the conversation before adding her thoughts. Finally, it came. "Who says we need four people? One or two can go to test it first. And if it doesn't work, then you can keep your precious iron. We don't need all of it, do we? What do you think, Nameless?"

"I suppose that a smaller container could work. We'd probably want to test it on something not alive first though."

22 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"I suppose that a smaller container could work. We'd probably want to test it on something not alive first though."

"Of course."

Edited by Kajsa

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano chuckles mentally.

I'm not lost, I remembered where this is, which means I remember where to go.

And, if I'm right, then their house should be right... here.

Calano stopped and turned to a house that stood in front of them. It was the exact same house they had escaped in the backyard of, all those years ago.

Calano squeezed Emma's hand and said, "I'm nervous."

Emma squeezes his hand back, "Go open the door, it'll be alright in the end."

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran entered the clinic.

”Hi, I’d like to get a flu shot.”

A nine-year-old with a bun and business clothes walks up to him “Another new one? Seriously? What is that, three in a week?” Sighs “I’m from the UIW. I’m not a patient, and I’m here to make sure any magically unstable patients stay away from magically unstable realms. Welcome.”

8 minutes ago, Nameless said:

“If that works,” Jove added, “I’m going to test it next.”

14 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"You have an odd way of avoiding the majority of my questions. I don't see how a smaller container would solve any of those problems."

Just now, Kajsa said:

Kareena sighed and jumped in. "A smaller container would save supplies, and put less peoples' lives at risk. Duh."

She's so sassy 

"Yes... but you would still need the larger container to get you all out of here eventually, would you not?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yes... but you would still need the larger container to get you all out of here eventually, would you not?"

"Not if we had a way to send it back and forth. Sure, we don't know what's on the other side. But--wait, to we have a camera?"

(If cameras don't exist here, I can take that out)

1 minute ago, Kajsa said:

Kareena sighed and jumped in. "A smaller container would save supplies, and put less peoples' lives at risk. Duh."

She's so sassy 

“I still get to test it first,” Jove insisted, just to make sure that was clear. 

Haly glided down from the tree and solidified. “We wouldn’t need a door,” she offered. “I can let people through it. Unless the magic stops me.” (She can go through nonliving stuff)

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“I still get to test it first,” Jove insisted, just to make sure that was clear. 

Haly glided down from the tree and solidified. “We wouldn’t need a door,” she offered. “I can let people through it. Unless the magic stops me.” (She can go through nonliving stuff)

"You won't be going alone," Kareena said, stern.

Edited by Kajsa