If you could manipulate investiture what would you do?

Stormlit-man

The purpose of this topic is to see what creative things people might come up with if they could manipulate investiture in the Cosmere. For example if you could use hemalugy, allomancy, awakening, surgbinging, etc. For example If were to create/do something with these abilities I would make a hemalurgic spike that is awakened and is a fabrail, the fabrail would be embedded in the spike. I think that if an awakened spike fabrail was an eye spike that maybe the spike could allow this person to see investiture connections to some degree. Not sure if a system like this would work but it was just something I thought about.

I would Awaken some chouta to see if it would taste better, and if the Command used would change how good it tastes. I would also test to see if Awakened food could be used as a tool in assassinations, by Awakening it choke whoever swallows it, or something along those lines. I think that would be really interesting, although testing that last one might be a bit hard to test ethically.

I would collect Perceptions.  Achieve Tin Twinborn status via Hemalurgy or feruchemical medallions.  Get lots of Breath for Heightenings.  Fabrials to mimic the Trans-realmic and Connection Sight of some Radiant orders.  Some form of Future Sight (Fortune Compounding, A-Gold, Enlightened Truthwatcher Lightweaving, etc) via hemalurgy, feruchemy or fabirals, etc.  

I've always imagined myself as being a researcher at Silverlight. Late-stage Cosmere gets into the sci-fi realm, and this opens up some very interesting possibilities.

-How difficult is it to Awaken non-biological materials with very simple commands? Could I Command dichloromethane to "not boil" and run reactions at extremely high temperatures?

-Does Stoneshaping (or the Surge of Strong Axial Interconnection) allow for manipulation of atomic nuclei, or just the interactions between atoms? Could you do single-molecule chemistry with this Surge? This could allow for the easy creation and development of very small transistors. On those lines, could an Elantrian with Stoneshaping create complex Aon equations at very tiny scales?

-Can the lichen that grows on White Sand, be grown on other materials and Invest them (see my question vis a vis DCM above)?

I could also see myself playing around with different alloys of Godmetals and figuring out what they do. I wonder if there's a way to have a nonliving entity "burn" a metal so you could see what the effect is without endangering anyone. 

Edited by phraps

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about using Hemalurgy to alter someone's soul to allow them to collect and accumulate investiture via the spiritual realm.

Basically, my thought process was since the soul is already in the spiritual realm then you could open a hole in the soul and then create a channel somehow from the soul into the physical realm similar to how allomancy works. This would probably take the form of a small perpendicularity of some kind.In this case however you are producing pure investiture. Boom, infinite God metal.