Favorite quotes so far

SP#1 CHAPTERS 1-5 SPOILERS

Spoiler

Reading chapters 1-5 of Tress, and I love it so much already. Probably because of the tone (it really clicked why I liked it so much when he mentioned The Princess Bride as an inspiration), and this book has definitely got some wonderful lines. What are your favorites so far?

"Your hair is the color of sunlight, if sunlight were light brown"

"He’d apparently been very heroic during those wars; you could tell because a great number of his troops had died, while he lived."

"he was six and a half feet tall and had a jaw so straight it made other men question if they were."

Edited by Dreamwa1ker
Typo

"It was, instead, about gloves"

I know its not the wittiest phrase, but its manage to make me smile broadly even before i read the explanation. Its remind me of Mat Cauthon "boots" from brando's Wot(maybe towers of midnight?) And i love it!

1 hour ago, apepi said:

Honestly I feel like he is trying for an Adam Douglas/Terry Pratchett feel out of this book, which I wouldn't expect from him.

I must say Brandon at his most scathing is in Allomancer Jak. This book pales in comparison to it.

Honesty is my greatest virtue (10)

(10) Technically, this is probably true