A small thought

Frustration

27 minutes ago, Frustration said:

So, I've had this thought kicking around in my head for a while, but I guess I'll ask here.

How radiation resistant do you think Shardplate is?

If I had to guess? impervious. It blocks lightning and is airtight, so I don't see why it wouldn't block radiation too. Of course, with stormlight, that wouldn't be an issue anyways.

Well considering that radiants can literally heal from being stabbed in the heart, healing from DNA damage from cosmic rays sounds pretty easy, and even cheap in terms of stormlight drainage. So it doesn't necessarily matter whether shardplate is radiation resistant or not.

I guess it matters in the sense of whether a non-Radiant shardbearer would be protected. Actually, come to think of it, that's a really good and practical question. Hmm.

3 hours ago, Frustration said:

So, I've had this thought kicking around in my head for a while, but I guess I'll ask here.

How radiation resistant do you think Shardplate is?

We do know that a Windrunner in shardplate is very well equipped to be an astronaut, so if Brandon was thinking of radiation during that ans, yes

15 hours ago, HSuperLee said:

The fact they're electrically resistant to me seems to be the largest indicator that they likely can adapt to resist radiation, though it might not be possible for dead plate.

Doesn't Adolin's plate do some on-the-fly adaptation to the Stormform lightning during The Battle of Narak? IIRC before he gets hit the lightning leaves streaks in his sight, but after he gets hit, the Plate does some weird trick to cover it?  or something like that.  I can try and find the section if people want.

Using that as an example, i think dead plate should also be able to adapt!

edit:

I think plate should be radiation resistant, probably impervious.  Whether it is already or needs to be exposed to it first so it can adapt in some way, idk.

Edited by Anomander Rake
didnt give my thoughts on the original question lol.