Something cool about the future of the Cosmere

Vin(Diesel)

I thought of something cool.

When Brandon Sanderson has finished all of the Cosmere works (pray that he lives long enough!) we will be able to give our grandkids a copy of Mistborn or whatever, and know that we are giving them not just a book, but an entire universe that they will be able to read for several years, and if they like part of the Cosmere, they'll probably like all of it.

Imagine reading a book, loving it, and then realize that it is part of a series of series connected to other series. 

As a fast reader who can be a bit picky about what I read, and who therefore struggles to find books as fast as I can read them, this is my dream. I have part of that dream since Brandon has quite a few books out, but when I imagine reading one book and then being told, "You liked it? You miss it already? Okay. Then here's THE COSMERE." 

Amazing.

4 hours ago, Vin(Diesel) said:

I thought of something cool.

When Brandon Sanderson has finished all of the Cosmere works (pray that he lives long enough!) we will be able to give our grandkids a copy of Mistborn or whatever, and know that we are giving them not just a book, but an entire universe that they will be able to read for several years, and if they like part of the Cosmere, they'll probably like all of it.

Imagine reading a book, loving it, and then realize that it is part of a series of series connected to other series. 

As a fast reader who can be a bit picky about what I read, and who therefore struggles to find books as fast as I can read them, this is my dream. I have part of that dream since Brandon has quite a few books out, but when I imagine reading one book and then being told, "You liked it? You miss it already? Okay. Then here's THE COSMERE." 

Amazing.

True. Very, very true.

Not only that, but by that time we'll know almost everything there is to know in the Cosmere, so if they have any questions, we'll be on the "inside" of what's going on, and can say "yeah, this is how that stuff actually works". ;)  

2 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

True. Very, very true.

Not only that, but by that time we'll know almost everything there is to know in the Cosmere, so if they have any questions, we'll be on the "inside" of what's going on, and can say "yeah, this is how that stuff actually works". ;)  

I actually doubt that we'd know everything there is to know. BrandoSando is someone who likes to keep his fanbase guessing and I feel like at the end of the Cosmere, there'll still be things that we see that could have multiple possible interpretations among the fans.

RoW

Spoiler

Such as Kal's vision of Tien. Was that actually Tien's soul from the Beyond or not? I don't think we'll ever get a solid answer on that.

22 hours ago, Wandering Shade said:

I actually doubt that we'd know everything there is to know. BrandoSando is someone who likes to keep his fanbase guessing and I feel like at the end of the Cosmere, there'll still be things that we see that could have multiple possible interpretations among the fans.

RoW

Reveal hidden contents

Such as Kal's vision of Tien. Was that actually Tien's soul from the Beyond or not? I don't think we'll ever get a solid answer on that.

Yeah, but we'd still know a lot of things, as once Brandon is finished writing the Cosmere he'll have answered many of the questions about realmatics and the magic systems, and any residual questions he would likely be a lot more willing to answer because it wouldn't be spoiling anything for future books.

Anything that touches on something that is based on the reader's moral, religious, or philosophical perceptions will likely not be answered though, as he would likely want those questions to be things that the reader comes up with their own answers for.