Hemalurgic Meat Man

Mazman

I was at lunch one day, thinking about Hemalurgy and Awakening, and what their effects are, and I had a realization. Hemalurgy can grant sentience where there is a conscious, and Awakening grants a pseudo-conscious to the object being Awakened. I also remembered that Hemalurgic spikes keep their Investiture longer when they're in meat. I then realized that you could (at least theoretically) make a person using Hemalurgy, steak, and Awakening.

I explained the concept to the other person at my table, and we both agreed that it was possible. Later, we realized you could put different people's Identities together to give the meat person the personality you want it to have. This also means you could take all of someone's Identity, and put them in a body of meat, extending their lifespan. This process would wipe out many different forms of Investiture you may have had access to before, but because of the nature of the Nahel Bond, any bonds you had with spren would carry over to your new body. To avoid this, you could use spikes, that, from the above, would look similar to the Allomantic table or maybe a pie chart. These new spikes would bring over everything if all the bind points had these spikes struck through them at the same time, resulting in nearly complete transfer of the Spiritweb, due to the decaying nature of Hemalurgy.

However, Awakening may cause some unwanted side effects. The Awakening may cause the patient/victim to have urges to do what the Awakener Awakened the patient/victim's new body to do. If they awakened them to grab things, the patient/victim may grab things, even when they don't want to. This of course can be much more harmful, such as simply Awakening the body by saying destroy. If any of you can think of a possible way to overcome this, please tell me. Also, the meat man has been confirmed, at 18:05 in the third spoiler stream, but the spike thing has not been confirmed so far as I know.

Also, this is my first post. Did I put this in the right spot? What tags should I attach?

Are you saying Super Meatboy's eyes are actually the ends of spikes used to hemallurgically attach a soul to his body?

...on a more serious note, with a pure meat body I think you'd probably end up with something pretty lumbering and inefficient, regardless of the identity you affixed to it. Lifeless have a brain & neural pathways, bones to offer structural support, and so on -- yet they have little-to-no ability to express themselves and have to be carefully maintained (because even with investiture, rotten meat is still not a great material). We see Kelsier with a hemalurgically-obtained body, but I think we may want to hold off on extrapolating based on that single data point until we understand the mechanics behind it more fully.

In any case, welcome to the shard!

You're right. The meat person could probably maintain themselves unless they needed a new body, in which case they would need some help. And as for it's purpose, well, it's purpose could be anything. You could put a bunch of different pieces of different people together and Awaken the meat to protect, and then it would be some sort of bodyguard. Or, you could Awaken the meat to destroy or kill, then that would be it's purpose. You could Awaken it to emulate a person, or something along those lines, and then use the spikes to extend someones life. It could simply be a servant. It all depends.