The most Efficient way to apply Hemalurgic mind control

Trusk'our

If you take a Hemalurgic spike that steals a power, you can then split it into multiple smaller spikes, much like the earrings that the Pathians use to communicate with Harmony. After that is done, you can staple the spikes into your recipient and use emotional Allomancy to dominate them. I mean, it's a completely evil way to use Hemalurgy, but hey, it would probably be something that could happen if a villain wanted to use it.

14 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

If you take a Hemalurgic spike that steals a power, you can then split it into multiple smaller spikes, much like the earrings that the Pathians use to communicate with Harmony. After that is done, you can staple the spikes into your recipient and use emotional Allomancy to dominate them. I mean, it's a completely evil way to use Hemalurgy, but hey, it would probably be something that could happen if a villain wanted to use it.

Truth be told I am not convinced that Harmony isn't a villain himself.  I know absorbing two shards would 100% warp a persons brain. Its just a bummer when he first spoke to Wax I was so excited to hear Sazed again. But then the more I continued into era 2 the more I realized that harmony is a cold hearted shard that uses who he wants when he wants... in the case of Wax I would say even more cold than just an immortal not caring about humans.   The whole bleeder incident was just messed up beyond words.   

He chooses to turn the kolos into a race capable of breeding and removes their need to have spikes and then chooses to keep the kandra the way they are and push half of them into this corner where dissolving themselves is their only chance at being agents unto themselves.   Heck I am still not convinced that Paalm didn't off herself and say her last words to Wax on her own accord.  For all we know Harmony made her say and do every action she made.   

Hemalurgy terrifies me for the mind control aspect alone.   Scary power baked into it.  Does the total number of spikes make a difference or is it the power in the spikes?   Is a creature with more susceptible to control with 1 big spike or that same spike broken up into 20 smaller pieces?  

8 hours ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

Truth be told I am not convinced that Harmony isn't a villain himself.  I know absorbing two shards would 100% warp a persons brain. Its just a bummer when he first spoke to Wax I was so excited to hear Sazed again. But then the more I continued into era 2 the more I realized that harmony is a cold hearted shard that uses who he wants when he wants... in the case of Wax I would say even more cold than just an immortal not caring about humans.   The whole bleeder incident was just messed up beyond words.   

He chooses to turn the kolos into a race capable of breeding and removes their need to have spikes and then chooses to keep the kandra the way they are and push half of them into this corner where dissolving themselves is their only chance at being agents unto themselves.   Heck I am still not convinced that Paalm didn't off herself and say her last words to Wax on her own accord.  For all we know Harmony made her say and do every action she made.   

That's certainly not the way I viewed Harmony's actions.

To me, it seemed that he was just trying his best to be an unbiased deity who would not force people to do his will, as the Lord Ruler would have done. He definitely still has some flaws, such as lying to Waxillium in SoS; that didn't feel like the right thing to do to me, plus he does still manipulate people to some extent, but it's kind of hard not to when you can oversee the majority of the planet and can see the future. However, I felt that he was actually doing a decent job at being a shard-holder, in my opinion, though of course we haven't seen a whole lot of what the other shards are doing, so my opinion could change when we see them and their actions and their dispositions.

He also can't do as much right now due to the conflicting Intents of his two respective shards, so even if he wanted to do more to help the people of Scadrial, he doesn't have much ability to do that except through servants, such as the kandra. And as for controlling the kandra who disobey his will, his will is typically to not force people into subjugation, and that includes having immortal powerhouses go around killing or forcing others into servitude. I honestly didn't like Melaan's interactions as much because I felt that she was doing this very thing, killing those who stood in her way without remorse or mercy, though of course I suppose that the same could be said for Waxillium himself in most cases.

In any case, I can understand and respect your opinion on Harmony/Sazed, but I don't think I agree with it.

Hemalurgy terrifies me for the mind control aspect alone.   Scary power baked into it.  Does the total number of spikes make a difference or is it the power in the spikes?   Is a creature with more susceptible to control with 1 big spike or that same spike broken up into 20 smaller pieces?

I suspect that it is the total number of spikes, due to the number of extra holes pierced in the soul of the recipient, because when Bleeder/Paalm was controlled at the end of SoS, it was done with one of her own spikes plus a tiny Hemalurgic spike that had lot nearly all of it's charge.