Day Three: New and Old Homes

“So who lived in this house beforehand?” Loenthal asked Maill, the town cobbler. He stood in front of a two-story townhouse, a solid stone-and-brick structure built in the old style, perfectly symmetrical with minimal frills and only useful additions: a small balcony, a wraparound porch and high windows overlooking both the town and the wide, ash-swept plains. He’d seen it before, of course, but had never believed it to be in anything approaching livable condition. There were many haunts like this scattered throughout the Dominances: old, stately buildings inhabited by noble families who, one by one, found themselves swallowed in the mists of time or moved to another place, leaving shells on the landscape: shells that ordinary skaa had been too afraid to take up and inherit. There were several in Tyrian, but as the Loenthals had been the only ruling family in town for as long as Ischarus could remember, it hadn’t even occurred to him to visit these places. But Maill apparently knew something different.

“Well, it was always a strange place, this one,” the cobbler mused. “Lived near it for a decade and I always swore it was empty, save for mistwraiths and dogs and whatever else dared to venture into it every now and then. A year ago some random nobleman I’d never heard of, Ardler or something like that, he tries to clean the place up, and by all accounts succeeds. But you never saw him except at night. He slipped out a month or two ago when he heard of the Lord Ruler’s fall. Guess he got scared we skaa might start getting nosy. But he left the house in good shape, and I thought, well, since your old place got trashed by the Spiked and might be vulnerable…” He trailed off. Loenthal smiled. 

“It’ll work marvellously, I’m sure. Thank you, friend.” He looked down at the child beside him. “Ready, pal?” The boy–no, Vincero, that was his name, looked up at him seriously, but nodded. Neither Henry nor any of the town merchants with access to public records could find any mention of the child or his parents, so Loenthal had made the decision to functionally adopt him until the whole mess blew over. Least I can do for him, really, he thought to himself. It didn’t resolve why the child was so secretive, or spent so much of the day asleep, or barely talked, but at least he wasn’t Spiked, and that couldn’t be said for most of the people floating around him. The child had finally given his name–a bit of an odd one, and definitely foreign, but Loenthal didn’t care what it was so long as he finally got to talk with him. A conviction had been growing in him, slowly but steadily, that the army’s appearance and Vincero’s weren’t separate. What the connection was, though, still eluded him. 

He pushed the nagging thoughts aside, determined to get his rest and set up in the new house. Maill was right–the quarters were pleasant as could be hoped, and he sank into his bed gladly. He was fast asleep when the town guard, stopped by Vincero at the door as the new secretary, came to report Henry missing from the prison.

Henry whistled cheerfully, strolling through the open night air of Tyrian Falls. Imprison him, a Soother, in pun jail? Ludicrous. He’d dampened the guards’ sense of suspicion, snuck a lockpick and strong drink into his jacket, and one animating conversation, a vial of brass, and two hours later, he was free of their grasp. He debated going to Loenthal and re-offering his services, but decided against it. He must have been an unwanted piece of merchandise, because he was absolutely free, and this town was like food poisoning–it held too much danger for him to stomach. He would set off for Tathingdwen in the Northern Dominance, where the people were more sane and the opportunities more numerous.

Passing by the residential district, he saw the priest kneeling in the street, praying to the Survivor again. Or was it the force of Preservation itself? He never understood that man’s devotional schedule, which had apparently kept him out of the town’s affairs for days now. Then he blinked, adjusting his glasses. What was that moving behind him? 

The next five seconds passed in a blur. A bulky shadow stepped out of the alleyway behind the priest, who was still distracted. Producing a club from beneath a cloak, he swung, connecting solidly with his back. A nasty cracking sound was heard. The priest went flying, body soaring into the street. Just then, a shower of coins whistled down the alleyway, tearing the paralyzed frame to shreds. Henry panicked. Ducking down a side street, he lay as still as possible in the shadows, hoping the pair of murderers passed him by in the night. He had to get out of this town. It was cursed, and soon, he would be too.

Scarlet Octopus was a Village Tineye

Ivory Dragonfly’s player has dropped out and has been replaced by a pinch-hitter. Please welcome the new @Ivory Dragonfly!

Sunburst Toucan has died to the inactivity filter and was a Village Thug!

Player List
1. Amber Vulture
2. Amethyst Scorpion - Sidor, newly resigned Hazekiller (Guardsman)
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Aethex (Jester)
6. Coral Swan - Su (Jaist)
7. Emerald Falcon
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Freddie (Glutton)
9. Ivory Dragonfly (Unlucky) (Replaced)
10. Magenta Albatross (Past Lives)
11. Mauve Crocodile (Gambler) Vanilla Villager
12. Melon Dingo - Scimon Tlag (Merchant)
13. Mint Heron - Tivend Elons (Casanova)
14. Onyx Flamingo (Gossip/Casanova)
15. Opal Lion Vanilla Villager
16. Oxblood Beagle
17. Pearl Chameleon (Secret :) )
18. Plum Rhinoceros (Prophet-ish)
19. Quartz Zebra (Drunk/Jaist)
20. Saffron Iguana (Helpful Heckler) Village Soother
21. Salmon Meerkat - Kellehrt, local farmer and possible madman
22. Sapphire Elephant
23. Scarlet Octopus (Neat, Extremist Priest) Village Tineye
24. Sunburst Toucan Village Thug
25. Turquoise Gorilla (Game Show Host)
26. Violet Axolotl - Dyring (Neat Innkeeper)

Tineye Messages

image.png.81b7748e11cf2a024b9da2480d1fda11.png

PMs are open.

Just now, Oxblood Beagle said:

Well, that's... odd. Seems the coinshot and elims hit Octopus??

@Salmon Meerkat, care to explain?

I don't really know there's much explanation to be had, I'll be honest :|

I sort of derped, and I could blame lack of sleep, and there's a reason I tell people certain things and certain situations are....sigh. I would like to forget this fiasco but. Like.

I'll be honest. I'm... suspicious of the message? There's probably at least one tineye on the elim team, and I've had a strong trust read of Meerkat. I'm going to need some more explanations from the seeker before I'm willing to exe Meerkat based on the word of an anonymous tineye. Also, this scan would have had to happen N1, yes? Why not find a trust to release it into the thread D2 so we didn't exe a villager? I can get waiting to get a confirmed trust seek, but having this message now wouldn't have given time for that.

2 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

I'll be honest. I'm... suspicious of the message? There's probably at least one tineye on the elim team, and I've had a strong trust read of Meerkat. I'm going to need some more explanations from the seeker before I'm willing to exe Meerkat based on the word of an anonymous tineye. Also, this scan would have had to happen N1, yes? Why not find a trust to release it into the thread D2 so we didn't exe a villager? I can get waiting to get a confirmed trust seek, but having this message now wouldn't have given time for that.

10 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

I don't really know there's much explanation to be had, I'll be honest :|

I sort of derped, and I could blame lack of sleep, and there's a reason I tell people certain things and certain situations are....sigh. I would like to forget this fiasco but. Like.

Didn't Meerkat just, like, confess?

Salmon Meerkat. To be clear.

I am going to have quite the analysis ahead of me. So much PMs and long posts. Someone has to do it, and we need something to talk about this turn... would like some help though multiple opinions on this would be nice because man I never would have caught Meerkat :P. (Right, to avoid confusion, I'm not the Tineye or Seeker there but whoever it is sure is having fun pretending they're me)

Really rethinking this game now

~Anyway, sad that the inactivity filter killed our extra life. Of all the roles to get one-shot. I guess that's the trade off for the red check? :P. Will have to decide if that makes Alb more or less likely to be evil, later. Because.

2 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

The fact that Meerkat responded the way that they did makes me think that it's legitimate.

Praise the Ja!

I for one have not had a strong trust on Meerkat. I don't know what's going on but by not refuting they're basically claiming it's right. 

Their overfixation on identities this game hasn't ever sat right with me, and specifically them seeming to trust me without actually ever trusting me. That among things I've mentioned throughout to some people. 

If this is some big phishing attempt or an attempt at killing Meerkat then perhaps I'll eat my words :P. 

No coinshot kill today?

Edited by Emerald Falcon

1 minute ago, Emerald Falcon said:

No coinshot kill today?

See: 

20 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Producing a club from beneath a cloak, he swung, connecting solidly with his back. A nasty cracking sound was heard. The priest went flying, body soaring into the street. Just then, a shower of coins whistled down the alleyway, tearing the paralyzed frame to shreds. Henry panicked. Ducking down a side street, he lay as still as possible in the shadows, hoping the pair of murderers passed him by in the night.

It looks like both the elims and coinshot hit the same person.

Their overfixation on identities this game hasn't ever sat right with me, and specifically them seeming to trust me without actually ever trusting me. That among things I've mentioned throughout to some people. 

Get back in the doc, Miss 'I Think Swan is Shhshhshshh or Shshsh' :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Based on my ID read of Meerkat, I'm not entirely certain that was a confession, either. I mean, if they're confessing, absolutely, I'm down for an exe. But it seems more like honest confusion.

They also just slipped to me in PMs, thinking I was the Seeker/Tineye or whatever (which I'm not). A villager wouldn't fake an elim slip in a one-on-one PM. Or ever.

No coinshot kill today?

One of El's tags says that both kills hit Octo.

Praise the Ja!

11 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Lol it is just openwolfing ok

i would prefer it had not come to this, no kidding

11 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

In which case ignore the fact that my explanation of me thinking he was evil looks like an Elim trying to get credit, and instead look at it like a Villager finally being right about Meerkat being evil :P. 

ohohoh

Emerald Falcon

swan im not voting 4 u out of respect even though this was a massive self-pwn

Anyways, back to business

Coral wolf equity rises here, regardless. They're not the seeker but they claim to have fooled meerkat in PMs. If so, why didn't he try to thunderdome? All he had to do was fake confusion for a minute, then claim this was an attempt to kill him without wasting a NK. The question then gets raised, why coral then? What danger was he in before? Which would potentially backfire back to Meerkat but the point still remains

Giving up here doesn't reflect well on coral. 

I'm not taking anything Meerkat says at face value. Tired? I still believe him capable of looking. Why wouldn't coral just out a red check in thread? Because that's what you do. There's no point in interacting in PMs with a re-check (that you have rechecked, to see what they have to say) there's no role in this that would change the results of a check to spiked. 

Edited by Emerald Falcon

Okay see the Octopus is a weird option for both the elims and the Coinshot because - elims just proved the last cycle vote was v/v between Iguana and Octopus and... why would Coinshot even choose Octopus [for that record I'm looking at all voters of Octopus last cycle because from my perspective there was nothing incriminating about them].

Feel good about Salmon Meerkat more so because it is supported by the fact that the Octopus push was weird before backing off. 

5 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

Okay see the Octopus is a weird option for both the elims and the Coinshot because - elims just proved the last cycle vote was v/v between Iguana and Octopus and... why would Coinshot even choose Octopus [for that record I'm looking at all voters of Octopus last cycle because from my perspective there was nothing incriminating about them].

Feel good about Salmon Meerkat more so because it is supported by the fact that the Octopus push was weird before backing off. 

I approve of this. You have just lost five Villagers in a Tyrian game. Tick-tock, tick-tock. Wouldn't want to fall to the curse, would we?

I'm in a generous mood today so I'll probably help with some D2 analysis if I have the time =)

Other misc things:

Only one Tineye message technically implies 3 Mistborn that all rolled Tin independent of each other N1 which is such a small likelihood that it can't be true (and PMs are open). So from N1 we have Octo (who may or may not have sent that message, we'll see next cycle depending on if we get one in that style again), the Mistborn claim, and two more. One of which is Tineye because PMs are open and the other who is also likely a Tineye because probability but could also be Mistborn.

I said 'other misc things' but I meant 'other misc thing', apparently.

Praise the Ja!