unread reply scroll

Emeralis00

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but the amount you need to scroll is the same amount you would do on, say, every other page. I suppose it depends how big your screen is, but I can start clicking the unread replies link on my phone's resolution. Unless you are talking about View New Content, which is a little bit further down.

um, no. What I mean was, if I click on the links in the unread replies spot (not the link to the unread replies spot) it goes to the top of the topic. Then I have to scroll all of the way down the page to get to the bottom of the topic, where the unread reply is.

In the board view, click on the time of the last post in any given thread and it will take you to the first unread post, but sometimes it takes a minute to jump down, and if you start scrolling too soon it tends to cancel the effect. Any more than that really isn't worth doing compared to the other things we're working on; besides, scrolling sort of comes with forums in general. It's something we all have to deal with, no matter what site we're on.

I see what you mean now. I might be able to get it to change, but don't count on it. That Unread Replies thing is already a hack on IPB as it is. I'm not very familiar with all the ins-and-outs, and the programming documentation is relatively poor.

EDIT: I think Kerry may not have understood what you meant with View Unread Replies. However, thank you for bringing it up. I honestly don't use the feature myself.

Edited by Chaos

i'm not entirely clear what you're talking about.

Are you talking about this:

temp-1.jpg

The "go to unread reply" link/button? Because when i click that it goes directly to the first post I haven't read. As in scrolled down to it and everything.

He's talking about the View Unread Replies feature. Click the drop down menu (the same way you get into Messenger) and the option is there.

But the link i've shown the picture of is also on there and works just the same? Is he talking about just clicking the topic name? Because i think that screen functions exactly the same as browsing the forum topics, doesn't it (i never really use it, so i dont know....)

Hey, it worked. Awesome.

So Emeralis, you'll need to just click the orange box to get to the most recent reply. Eero is exactly right; what the Unread Replies is doing is just building a list, much like the normal topic list when you look at an individual forum.

Hey, it worked. Awesome.

So Emeralis, you'll need to just click the orange box to get to the most recent reply. Eero is exactly right; what the Unread Replies is doing is just building a list, much like the normal topic list when you look at an individual forum.

Yeah....that's why I was sort of confused where the issues was :P

Is that what you're looking for?