Why is Kaladin so Stormblessed?

OdiYum

Why is Kaladin so awesome?  He starts out saving his bridge crew and they see him as something more.  Then he saves a high prince from Sadeas’ betrayal, and beats down the a shardbearer, and they see him as something more.  Then he saves Adolin by dueling two shardbearers at the same time, and they see him as something more.  Then he stops the assassin in white in front of the entire army and casually floats over the entire army.  Sorry about the repetitious format but Kaladin is so much better than every other Windrunner in terms of combat.  The spren bond pulls the spren into the physical realm, and possibly pulls the radiant closer to it’s order ideal (head canon).  Does the fact that Kaladin has such a legendary reputation influence him, similarly to how the collective consciousness of humanity effects spren?  Even Vyre expects Kaladin to be the storm.  If his bond pulls him closer to the cognitive realm could this explain some of his Stormblessedness.  Sorry if this was asked before, wrote this during nap time.

Kaladin already began this path back in Heartstone, though, when the wind swirled around him during the fight (IIRC, it’s been a while). I just finished RoW, btw, still recovering from the Sanderlanche. But Kaladin’s something beyond just his reputation and always has been. He was before Tien died, but then it began in earnest, really picking up steam as he starting really trying to protect. I think he just somehow storming embodies the Ideal of the Windrunners so much it can’t help but make him awesome.

I could be remembering incorrectly, but if I recall, Brandon has mentioned something about how his abilities will be a plot point in later books by going into why the Stormfather calls him Child of Tanavast instead of Child of Honor like he does with everyone else

45 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

I could be remembering incorrectly, but if I recall, Brandon has mentioned something about how his abilities will be a plot point in later books by going into why the Stormfather calls him Child of Tanavast instead of Child of Honor like he does with everyone else

Yup (no detail though):
https://wob.coppermind.net/events/390/#e12688

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 3:39 PM, OdiYum said:

Why is Kaladin so awesome?  He starts out saving his bridge crew and they see him as something more.  Then he saves a high prince from Sadeas’ betrayal, and beats down the a shardbearer, and they see him as something more.  Then he saves Adolin by dueling two shardbearers at the same time, and they see him as something more.  Then he stops the assassin in white in front of the entire army and casually floats over the entire army.  Sorry about the repetitious format but Kaladin is so much better than every other Windrunner in terms of combat.  The spren bond pulls the spren into the physical realm, and possibly pulls the radiant closer to it’s order ideal (head canon).  Does the fact that Kaladin has such a legendary reputation influence him, similarly to how the collective consciousness of humanity effects spren?  Even Vyre expects Kaladin to be the storm.  If his bond pulls him closer to the cognitive realm could this explain some of his Stormblessedness.  Sorry if this was asked before, wrote this during nap time.

He has also used weird abilities that he shouldn’t have 

my suspicion is kaladin is to honor what vin was to preservation additionally we know that part of the way talent works in the cosmetic st least for kaladin is related to the spiritual realm, in the spiritual realm lasting is always a spear master so he was always talented basically, I think many other abilities he has may be because he will take up a shard or become a bond Aitn or something and they are a similar feedback loop or cultivation somehow enhanced the loop making him better