Shards, Dawnshards, and future sight

Honorspring

Okay so this theory is going to be half formed and probably not great but a lightbulb went off in my head while re-reading Mistborn. Burning atium grants future sight, to a degree, feruchemists can store youthfulness, and and an atium spike can steal any ability. It makes sense that in Ruin's own magic system it could steal any ability, making it the most powerful metal out of his system because it decays the source of the power, but the other two are temporal in nature. We also know that Cultivation and Endowment are very skilled in future sight while other shards struggle with this. What I'm thinking is that Shards from the change quadrant of the Dawnshard chart will have more powerful temporal abilities, this being due to the fact that the nature of their power is to change things and so they can read the effects of changes much more easily. I am pretty steadily convinced that invention will also be one of the Change Shards so in theory that takes care of all four from that quadrant. If I'm right about this, the other three quadrants relating to the nature of the shards abilities would grant four Shards a specific strength in their given attribute rather than simply having power related to that attribute. We know from a word-of-Brandon that one of the Dawnshards is unique while the other three have a much closer relation so I'm asking in this post if anyone has ideas for what the other Dawnshards might be based on the powers granted by certain shards.

I know this is kind of a long shot because Odium is also particularly skilled in future sight and Preservation showed at least proficiency in this area as well, but I feel at this point any information we can base theories on is worth looking at for the sake of hopefully predicting a Dawnshard or two before the next Stormlight book comes out 3 years from now

Ruin was actually pretty bad at seeing the future

Spoiler

JamesW

You said that Preservation created the Terris Prophecies. Why couldn't Ruin see into the future and counter Preservation's plan? Is it because Ruin's intent has him focusing more on the present than the future, while Preservation (wanting to preserve forever) looks more into the future for that goal.

Brandon Sanderson

Looking into the future was not something Ruin was good at doing. That ability is confined to certain shards, and not others.

17th Shard Forum Q&A (Sept. 28, 2012)

Honestly I've always sorta thought future sight and the ability of a shard comes down to their intents.

Preservation is good at future sight cause you need that to preserve things but also really bad at destroying things. Cultivation is good at future sight cause you need to know how things are gonna develop. Honour is really good at sticking things together, less good at future sight cause honour doesn't have much to do with what the future looks like. I'd also expect Autonomy and Ambition to be particularly good at future sight as well based on that. 

Is just a guess tho.

7 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Preservation saw thousands of years with the Terris prophecy. Also @Honorspring why would you put endowment in the change Dawnshard 

Because Endowment is granting or gifting something to another, therefore changing the one who receives the endowment. Honor, Valor, Whimsy, Odium, Ambition, Devotion, Autonomy, these are all things dealing with emotion or rule, while Endowment is the only word who's definition is based on changing something