Have we seen...a topaz?

Koloss17

20 hours ago, Invocation said:

Imagine the holder of the Dawnshard doing something so diametrically opposed to the Intent of the Dawnshard that it backlashes and fragments the Dawnshard until it's functionally unable to be put back together, and for all intents and purposes dead. Like maybe murdering the major force in charge of things, causing untold change throughout the cosmere for the rest of time.

I highly doubt that any one person can do something that can destroy a Command of Adonalisium 

A Dawnshard holder is probably forced to follow its Intent (Which is why I think holding a Dawnshard would cause you not to be able to hurt someone, it’s a holdover)

20 hours ago, Invocation said:

Presumably the same thing as what was done to shove the Change Dawnshard into the mural.

Well this would just be transferring the Bond of the Dawnshard  

12 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I highly doubt that any one person can do something that can destroy a Command of Adonalisium 

A Dawnshard holder is probably forced to follow its Intent (Which is why I think holding a Dawnshard would cause you not to be able to hurt someone, it’s a holdover)

One no but seventeen?

On 5/31/2021 at 6:36 PM, Bejardin1250 said:

How does a Dawnshard die?

What does’ ‘storing’ mean in this context

1) 'Storing' means the same thing in this context as any other: placing Investiture in a container.  Breaths can be stored in clothing (any object?  I haven't reread WB in a while), Stormlight can be stored in gems, fragments of the spiritweb can be trapped in a Spike, a massive Splinter can be trapped in a gem, and even a SHARD can be trapped by mechanisms we don't understand.  It may be more complex, requiring a deep understanding of Spiritual attributes, but why couldn't you trap a Dawnshard?

2) I didn't say the Dawnshard died, I said the Topaz died.  I think we shouldn't conflate the two, as we have no reason to believe the Topaz is the Dawnshard's physical form outside of individual interpretation of text and WoBs. 

We DO, however, have a reason to believe the Topaz is a container - we've seen the same system before with the mural, for a Dawnshard specifically, and all across the Cosmere with other methods of generally containing Investiture.

7 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

What’s 17?

I just have no clue what your saying

Referencing the Shattering [though to be fair, I don't think Brandon's said there were 17 people exactly], the implication being that if Adonalsium itself can be Shattered, Dawnshards can be broken down as well (and given that Shards can be Splintered and Splinters can be... something, it seems like a safe assumption.  Regardless, again, it's not the argument I was trying to make.  I don't think Hoid broke the Dawnshard itself, I think he just didn't realize he would be unable to re-access it and it leaked out as Investiture tends to do.