Hello!

Inkspren_K

Hello 17th Shard! 

I've been reading Brandon Sanderson's books for several years now, ever since being introduce to his work through the Wheel of time. However in the last year with quarantine/lockdown, I've really gotten into these books more deeply (I think I've read for the first time or reread all his books at some point in the last year). I just finished RoW and normally discuss stormlight with my brother, but he reads way slower than I do, and hasn't even finished Dawnshard yet, so I decided to join here so I can actually have people to discuss RoW with now!

15 minutes ago, Inkspren_K said:

Hello 17th Shard! 

I've been reading Brandon Sanderson's books for several years now, ever since being introduce to his work through the Wheel of time. However in the last year with quarantine/lockdown, I've really gotten into these books more deeply (I think I've read for the first time or reread all his books at some point in the last year). I just finished RoW and normally discuss stormlight with my brother, but he reads way slower than I do, and hasn't even finished Dawnshard yet, so I decided to join here so I can actually have people to discuss RoW with now!

Welcome to the Shard! Glad you got into Sanderson. Yeah, I don't have a single other Sanderfan to talk to outside the SHard. WHat's your favorite Cosmere book?

8 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Hello! If you were to invent a new spren, which spren would you invent (and why)?

I don't know - my first reaction was spren can't be invented, they just are. But then I guess they're part of the cognitive realm and are possibly based on perception/thought of ideas so could you invent a spren by thinking about it enough? In answer to the original question though, maybe a learning spren that appears when you learn something new? I'm a teacher so that was just one of the first things that come to mind.

Welcome to the Shard! Delighted to have you join us! :D So awesome that you decided to check out Sanderson after he did WOT! These books are most definitely excellent quarantine companions!

This is the perfect spot to be if you have slow irl Cosmere fans or no irl Cosmere fans to chat with. I hope you find many fantastic RoW and Dawnshard discussions to hop into. So awesome you are a teacher as well! Have you recommended Cosmere to any of your students?

If you were to replace one SA book with drawings of kittens which one would you choose? Look forward to seeing you around!

3 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard! Delighted to have you join us! :D So awesome that you decided to check out Sanderson after he did WOT! These books are most definitely excellent quarantine companions!

This is the perfect spot to be if you have slow irl Cosmere fans or no irl Cosmere fans to chat with. I hope you find many fantastic RoW and Dawnshard discussions to hop into. So awesome you are a teacher as well! Have you recommended Cosmere to any of your students?

If you were to replace one SA book with drawings of kittens which one would you choose? Look forward to seeing you around!

My students are a little young for the cosmere unfortunately.

I'd really rather not lose any of the SA books as they are, but if I had to choose, I think Edgedancer could be funny with Lift and Windle and Nale all drawn as kittens, and it would be a shorter book to lose, so I might go with that. Or else if in-world books count, the Book of Endless Pages, because you could add endless pictures of kittens, and then you can imagine Jasnah giving Shallan a book filled with pages of kitten drawings.

6 hours ago, Inkspren_K said:

My students are a little young for the cosmere unfortunately.

I'd really rather not lose any of the SA books as they are, but if I had to choose, I think Edgedancer could be funny with Lift and Windle and Nale all drawn as kittens, and it would be a shorter book to lose, so I might go with that. Or else if in-world books count, the Book of Endless Pages, because you could add endless pictures of kittens, and then you can imagine Jasnah giving Shallan a book filled with pages of kitten drawings.

Ah man! Might need to get a time machine and grow them up just so you can recommend :D

Ooh getting me what the novellas here good thinking! Yes, a much shorter book to lose which would be good. And idk if that can count here, but if it does yes that would be quite hilarious to get a massive book of kitten drawings. She'd have to give it with a straight face too and then just walk away. Shallan be like "Wahhhh??" :P Welcome again!