If Odium was like Harmony

bridge7

You know about how Odium shattered Devotion, Ambition, Dominion and Honor and how he didn't want to absorb them. Say though, if Rayse was like Sazed, and did get two shards, what would the mix name be?

(Ruin and Preservation = Harmony)

Edited by bridge7

29 minutes ago, Infinitysliver said:

I have this crackpot theory that Odium mixed slightly with Ambition and became Passion

You are correct, actually, that is a crackpot theory ;)

I think if Odium combined with Honor, he would be Vengeance, because vengeance is punishment exacted for a wrong. Pursuing honor hatefully, in a way.

I’m not sure what Odium and Cultivation would be, but I’ll think about it.

I'm having a hard time coming up with positive versions of these. Mixing hate with things doesn't lend itself well to positive interpretations (for me).

Odium + Devotion = Stalker (can't think of a better word for it)

Odium + Dominion = Persecution

Odium + Ambition = Antagony (One of my favorite)

Odium + Cultivation = Malignance (Another good one) or Invidious

Odium + Honor = Vengeance (A pact of hatred) or Nemesis

I think a good thing to ask might be 'Is there such a thing as 'righteous anger/indignation?' If so:

• Odium + Honor = Justice

Otherwise...

• Odium + Autonomy = Rebellion (a desire for freedom mixed with an intense hatred of the establishment)
  • Odium + *That one survival shard* = Isolation (Separates from other shards to survive)
  • Odium + Preservation = Captivity/Slavery (hatred-driven status-quo?)
  • Odium + Dominion = This could also be Captivity/Slavery. In fact, Captivity/Slavery would probably fit this one better
  • Odium + Ruin = oh storms I don't even want to consider this one... Maybe Annihilation? Or Genocide?
  • Odium + Cultivation = Corruption (spread of hatred)
  • Odium + Ambition = Competition, Betrayal
2 hours ago, Leuthie said:

How about 'Obsession'? 

On 11/5/2020 at 5:34 PM, Leuthie said:

I'm having a hard time coming up with positive versions of these. Mixing hate with things doesn't lend itself well to positive interpretations (for me).

Wow. I was to lazy to pull out a dictionary.

Edit: I feel like Cancer would be the perfect name for Odium and Cultivation(hasn't happened yet) For an Odium Ambition mix, maybe Envy? Odium and Devotion could be Ardent(means intense emotion). Odium and Dominion could be Subjugation.

Edited by bridge7

On 11/5/2020 at 2:34 PM, Leuthie said:

For those of you who don't know what half of those words mean because your vocabulary is simply average, here are the definitions. 

Antagony- obsolete) Contest; opposition; antagonism. noun.

Malignance- the quality of being malign aka evil in nature or effect; malevolent.

Revanche- a policy or movement aimed at achieving the return of a nation's lost territory (frequently with reference to France's desire to regain Alsace–Lorraine after its annexation in the Franco-Prussian War).

12 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

For those of you who don't know what half of those words mean because your vocabulary is simply average, here are the definitions. 

Antagony- obsolete) Contest; opposition; antagonism. noun.

Malignance- the quality of being malign aka evil in nature or effect; malevolent.

Revanche- a policy or movement aimed at achieving the return of a nation's lost territory (frequently with reference to France's desire to regain Alsace–Lorraine after its annexation in the Franco-Prussian War).

I only knew the last because of Star Wars. Turns out that’s the source of Revan’s name, which I always thought was cool.

On 11/7/2020 at 11:04 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I only knew the last because of Star Wars. Turns out that’s the source of Revan’s name, which I always thought was cool.

I always thought it was based on Revenant; a ghost that comes back for revenge on the person who killed them.