Mare’s Flower

Storyspren

Ok. Sorry to dredge up an old issue but I haven’t found the solution on search and just relistened to the OG trilogy. 

Where the heck did Mare get the drawing of the flower and the notion of green grass and a yellow sun? 

If from the 1st Kandra, then that’s kind of out of character for them. 

Did Ruin somehow get it into her hands like he did for Kelsier’s 11th metal fake myths?

Was it from a keeper? That seems most likely.

Help me before I start thinking Mare was a first gen Kandra with a Tineye Hemalurgic spike. 

Thanks in advance.

The Classical Scadrial religions were incredibly detailed regarding the parts of the world that they revered/associated with divinity. Sazed probably got the details from Larstaism, which is the most likely religion to have recorded such things: they revered beauty, art & nature, and it was the religion that Mare chose to follow.

The Astalsi or Dadradah might also be potential/partial sources of information.

Edited by Honorless

18 minutes ago, Honorless said:

The Classical Scadrial religions were incredibly detailed regarding the parts of the world that they revered/associated with divinity. Sazed probably got the details from Larstaism, which is the most likely religion to have recorded such things: they revered beauty, art & nature, and it was the religion that Mare chose to follow.

The Astalsi or Dadradah might also be potential/partial sources of information.

Ok this seems right. Phew! Thanks!