Sorana

I agree that it seems to be what Althea would do, interfering but defusing it peacefully. I'm trying to hold back what Tyrian would do, which is try and murder everyone in his path, as that is OOC outlawed and IC, as Cinder stated, would probably fail anyway. I have a feeling I'll be doing that a lot. And I forgot to tag people.

Edit: Why does every time I reply with a tiny, context-dependent piece, it makes a new page? <_< :P

@bees?

Edited by Ashbringer
New page

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Althea moved the Leecher to Aln? Oh, I don't think we'll be happy about that. Go ahead and treat any NPCs as your own, but I can speak for them if you want a recounting of events.

I can reread the thread for a recounting of the fight. I was really just asking because I don't know anything about Silas or where they were taking him. Also, did I misunderstand the situation by healing the Leecher?

I think Silas was planning on cutting him to pieces. So I think this is correct for what happened and what Aln would do, but IC Silas is probably upset you saved the Leecher from his surgery practice.

I don't really know where Silas was going/who's rescuing me. Bees mentioned something about a... you know, I'll let him give the suprise. Tyrian doesn't know/care much - he's being paid to rescue Silas, but where they go next he doesn't really know.

By "recounting", I meant if you need someone to tell Aln/Althea/Byron what happened. Which will probably be overdramatizised. :)

Crow had never answered to Folorian, distracted by what was happening near Ben he guessed

Aln seems you to come, it seems it will be a fight

Folorian searched where Alanis was for a few second before telling Crow he was going to help her and ran toward her, subconsciously taking a course that stayed relatively far from the heavily dented van.

If a fight did start, which seemed extremely likely, he would probably only be able to distract opponents with his illusions, as he did not obtain the Transformation surge with his first oath

You know perfectly what to do about that.

He reach his pocket for a copper sphere, his most important coppermind. Yes, he knew perfectly what he should do, he'd know it for five years.

I locked this memory away for a reason

You are ready for it now

What if I'm not? It would kill us both

It won't kill you

I could not sleep for years after that. Rust I could barely speak for months

Things are different now, you were a child then, you have friends now

I had a friend back then, before That happened.

Aln won't leave you.

Aliece didn't want to leave me either

Aln has far more mastery over her destiny than Aliece

She certainly had, you did not create a guild by letting people decide for you, even one as small as the Scholar Guild.

On that though, Folorian arrived near Aln

"I'm hear, do you need me to do something?"

As much as I'd like to have Folorian say his first truth and start soulcasting things in the upcoming battle, but that'd probably make him go way over the point cap and battle soulcasting is pretty hard for someone untrained anyway

Ben's posture shifted, and Aln looked up in time to catch his statement. The young man stood tense, hand gripping some hidden object within his clothing. "I know him."  The boy clearly had more to his story than what had already been revealed. 

Aln looked back at the guard on the floor. "Well?"

The man swallowed. "I-I'm not sure. We were transporting this prisoner, a dangerous madman. And then we were attacked by this monster with a shardblade. I- it all happened so fast. He killed the others. He would have killed me..."

The man trailed off, looking distraught. Aln turned back toward the van. Whoever was in that van was capable of easily dispatching three elite guards, and he was about to release a dangerous prisoner. This could turn ugly very quickly. At that moment, she saw the familiar form of Folorian running towards her. 

"Folorian. Thank goodness. Listen, that van several extremely dangerous people. There will likely be a fight, and I don't want anyone getting hurt. Can you try to clear the area of people?"

She glanced back at the guard on the ground. "Including this man."

At that, he scrambled awkwardly to his feet. "Listen, I can fight. I've trained for this."

Aln sighed. "I won't tell you what to do, but Regrowth can be draining. There's a good chance you won't make it."

The man wavered for a moment, then began looking around for a weapon. Aln regarded Ben. "You might want to leave as well." 

That last sentence was said with much less conviction than the others, though; there was something in the boy's eyes, some hint of resolution, that made Aln doubt that he would take her advice. So she turned instead to survey the scene, waiting on tenterhooks for the conflict that seemed inevitable.

Feel free to correct anything that the guard said, @bees?. I was going off of the previous events and stuff from your character sheet, but I could have easily gotten something wrong.

@Ashbringer @mathiau

Edited by Rushu42

Tyrian watched as yet another person joined the group of people in the back of the street. The Leecher seemed to have suddenly recovered from his wounds, and he looked eager for a fight. The familiar boy looked scared but defiant, and the woman and the newcomer seemed... hesitant.

Tyrian's eyes narrowed. They would make easy targets if their spokesman acted in haste.

Behind him, he heard a scraping noise. Silas was doing... something. Better freeing himself, or perhaps doing something with his sickle. He still held a weapon, but the Radiant was unarmed. Tyrian knew that could change very quickly. Perhaps Cinder was right. It was better to be cautious.

Neither party said anything. The Radiant stood still, refusing to back down or answer his question. Silas kept scratching at his bonds. What is taking him so long?

Cinder flew into his ear and whispered a phrase. Tyrian nodded. "Go investigate the four. See who they are. Why they are here," he again attempted to whisper. He didn't really care if the Radiant heard. He just needed something to change.

His grip on his sickle tightened. He went over Cinder's plan. It played well into his own.

"Oh, there will be change. Great change."

:-:-:-:-:-:

Byron gawked at the standoff between Althea and the monster. They just... didn't move. That wasn't what he knew of the fiend. But all the same... it was definitely him. It. Whatever the thing was now.

Suddenly he felt his head pound, as if something was trying to crush it from the inside. It felt... no, he wasn't having a fit. At least not the same as earlier. He felt a... spark. Behind them, to the right... there.

The lightspren had followed them? How?

13 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

She'd evidently Soulcast the wall, although Tyrian couldn't see any bracelet on the woman's arm.

Short notice on that: Althea is wearing long sleeves, covering half of her hands, but if he is looking for a bracelet, he can see one. Not a soulcaster, but a bracelet. It's easy to miss, so no need to edit, but Althea started using two sources of stormlight sometime back in E3 when Devaan urged her not to rely on spheres alone. Her bracelet doesn't do anything, apart from being able to store stormlight, but as I am refering to it now and then, I felt I should point out that it exists.

=======================

"Do you have anything else to say?" the man said, glancing at her and then quickly back to the prisoner. So he was freeing him. Calmly she took a step back to get some distance between them, needed some space to be able to wield Brashen after summoning him. She tried to come up with something good to say, something to deescalate the situation and felt like gritting her teeth in annoyance. She didn't know enough about him, about the situation to decide which words would anger him so much, that he decided to attack, and which ones might calm him down. The truth. She could go with a blunt truth, but if that would help. He was a Radiant, that meant that he had to act within the borders of his oaths, but they left enough room for decisions, for values to come into play as well.

"I would prefer if you could stop killing people." she replied, deciding that talking around matters wouldn't solve anything here. She wasn't stupid enough to lie to herself and believe that this was exceptional, that there was no crime in this city. There was, and there were worse things than one Radiant running around, freeing a prisoner. But he was here and right now he was a threat to those around them. Better to ensure that he wasn't planning to go on a killing spree soon.

Looking up she met his eyes, spread her hands a little. "I'm not looking for a fight." she stated and took a deliberate step to the side putting her body between him and the others. If things went south - two against one were bad odds, but she could get them all out of the way should it be neccessary. Narrowing her eyes she left them on the man in front of her. Or she got him out of the way. Moved the fight somewhere else. To a place where none of them could hurt anybody else in their wake.

Silas stood up, the chain attaching his ankle to the bench rattling. "Alrighty, kids, today I've prepared for you a special sequence of a few magic tricks, all right in a row. Are you ready?" Silas tried to gesture to his crowd with his arms, stuck in the straight-jacket as they were. "Make sure to watch closely, or you might just miss them!"
Silas shot a huge growth of smoky Amberite up his arm, ripping through the aluminum gauntlet and freeing both of his arms. It then continued along his body to form a suit of spiky armor, which also broke the chain off of its anchor on the bench. Silas strained his mind, and the shadows inside and around the van began to lengthen, and with them he formed a tentacle of solid Night, grabbing the Leecher and pulling him towards Silas.
"And now, for the finale of tonight's show. Before I leave, I'd like to thank you all for being such a great audience, and I'd like to give a special shout-out to my valiant rescuer over there, because none of this would have been possible without your help. Thank you, and good night!" 
Silas grabbed the Leecher tight, and then used the power of his Night Bond to Send both of them away.

Don't worry. He'll be back before you can give him a second thought.

@Ashbringer @Rushu42 @mathiau  @Sorana

Edited by bees?

On 02/06/2020 at 11:26 PM, I think I am here. said:

“You say I force your hand,” he said. “But you’re the only one who can control your actions, you know. And you’re the only one responsible. Those people you killed...” an assumption that he’d killed before, but this man gave off a murderer’s aura. “That’s on you. A man trying to justify his wrongdoings through the divine. No better than an ardent using the Almighty’s name to pocket a few extra spheres.

"You claim I have killed?" Eishtar asked with as much sencerity that the zealot could muster. "I have done no such thing. I have saved. I have healed. I have avenged. but I have not killed" Eishtar sneered at the word, 'Killing' implies that what Eishtar did was evil, as if it was nothing short of salvation.

"The difference between your ardents and I is a simple one." Eishtar chuckled before lashing out and whispering in Reval's ear.

"Your Ardent's are heretics. I am not"

If Reval or Vivi are going to start combat combat here then just ignore the next bit.

Eishtar withdrew and once again turned to the girl, smiling once more. "I too had a mother and father, I think. But just as you are, this Max person you speak of is also a child of Isarok, everyone who has been touched by light owes their existance to the godess"

@Sorana

5 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Eishtar withdrew and once again turned to the girl, smiling once more. "I too had a mother and father, I think. But just as you are, this Max person you speak of is also a child of Isarok, everyone who has been touched by light owes their existance to the godess"

"Everybody?" Vivi asked, considered his words. He wasn't entirely making sense, if they were all touched by the goddess why did he call them heretics in the first place? Did their goddess even care what they were talking about? She had always felt as if the gods were some distant figures that you better didn't rely on. It wasn't as if they were around to help you and besides, there were so many of them, that she wasn't entirely sure if there was something like a true god either. In the end, they weren't important to her, but as this Isarok seemed to be important to this man, it would be mean to tell him that Vivi didn't care.

Her eyes darted over to the fire with its shifting colours and she regretted that they weren't there yet. She really, really wanted to dance and jump over, just as she had read in some old book. Tradition it was called there. Light a fire and celebrate. Probably also because of some religion, but that part wasn't important, not here. Not in this city with so many different people living here. The man was a lunatic, just like Rev had claimed and the way he switched between nice and angry only made him scary.

"Even Rainbowglow?" she added instead, trying to move the topic to something lighter. Maybe he would stop shouting at Rev if he thought she was interested in what he had to say. "Because she can glow. And when she is hurt, when my mum can wake her magic and she heals." A part of Vivi suspected that her mother had done something else when Rainbowglow had accidently lost a leg, but the memory of her mother taking her hands, placing them on the hurt animal and speaking the old formula had stayed in her mind. There had been some light and then Rainbowglow had her leg back, her fur was even fluffier than before. As if she had soaked up the magic and transformed. Beautiful. Vivi had never been able to find out what excatly had happened, and her mother had only smiled and asked her if she believed in magic. Vivi had agreed and now kept an eye on Rainbowglow, wondering when she would work her magic again.

=================

7 hours ago, bees? said:

Don't worry. He'll be back before you can give him a second thought.

I'm gone for the weekend, so I'm not too sad about this. That way the story can go on without me holding everybody up.

Aethers. Althea had expected a lot but not aethers. Statistically they were among the rarest powers in the city, allomancers, feruchemists or Radiants being far more common. And not only one, but two. She immediatly noticed Amberite, it's colour and crystalline structure making it easy to discern, even in the depth of night. His night bond was more fascinating, she'd only once seen someone use it, otherwise had to rely on sources speaking of its effects and powers.

Instinctively she summoned Brashen, a slightly glowing helbard forming in her hand. Tapping more stormlight she filled her body until she glowed slightly, her eyes on the two in front of her, ready to defend herself should they move to attack. Instead the prisoner grabbed the other one and they fled. Exhaling in relief she walked further back from the Van, let her gaze move over their surroundings to ensure they were really gone. She couldn't see them anymore - but they could be back anytime.

Dismissing Brashen and storing the stormlight again she walked back to the others, nodding a curt greeting at the man who had joined them recently. Aln had healed the injured guard and he was already back on his feet, albeit a little bit wobbly. "Let's head back to the fire?" she suggested calmly, keeping her attention mostly on their surroundings. "I can notify the police so that they can take a look at this, but there's nothing one of us can do right now."

17 hours ago, bees? said:

Silas grabbed the Leecher tight, and then used the power of his Night Bond to Send both of them away.

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Instead the prisoner grabbed the other one and they fled.

I might have misunderstood this, but I think that Tyrian is still around. Silas teleported away with the one surviving guard.

@Sorana

As of now I think Tyrian’s still there too. I’m trying to figure out with Bees whether Silas left him behind temporarily or whether he’s stuck.

Either way he isn’t happy, but I don’t want to post Tyrian’s reaction until I get it sorted out.

On 03/06/2020 at 2:53 PM, Sorana said:

Max. she reached out to him. Have you seen one of them before? She followed her sentence up with a picture of the inside of the Van, so that he could make a picture for himself. And if you're not too far away, some backup would be nice.

Max was busying himself with a little drink to loosen up to the night. With any luck, maybe the paranoia would go away and he’d be able to have some fun with the stalls and their various activities. Of course, intoxication brought its own issues, but it would way take more than a single drink to resurface any of the old trauma. Max had buried that deep within his core, had locked it up in a mental dungeon at the back of his mind and thrown away the key. Deaths, wars and more. Memories of insanity and abominations.

When he heard Althea’s voice in his head he was glad for the distraction from his gloomier thoughts and he stood up, downing the rest of his drink. Not enough to be remotely drunk yet, fortunately. Haven’t seen them before, he sent back, analysing the van and the people she sent his way. Backup would be nice, she’d said.

He smiled. His paranoia hadn’t been for nothing. He began walking, then lightly jogging, through the dense crowds. I’m on my way. Where are you, exactly? I only have a general direction.

— - —

Reval stilled. The man was close, whispering in his ear. So close, close enough to draw a knife and slip it between the cultist’s risk or to take a nab with the painrial and let the magic of stormlight do the rest. Magic of stormlight. He scoffed internally at that thought. As if stormlight wasn’t just a power source, like anything else, not really magic any more than electricity was. But then again, it wasn’t like people could inhale electricity to fly around and shape stone.

But that was besides the point. He quickly glanced at the man and then at Vivi before stepping back, still keeping his eyes firmly planted on that pistol the man seemed to fond of thumbing back and forth. The man who spoke of heretics and zealots and thought that the terms didn’t apply to him. But it was useless arguing with people who wouldn’t admit they were wrong. Plenty of arguments about Investiture in school had taught Reval that. No use trying to convince this man otherwise.

But, it seemed Vivi was interested in what the man was saying, and so he stopped doing anything impulsive for the time being, looking towards her. The man seemed nice enough, talking to her. He probably saw her as a potential recruit, Reval wagered, and made an internal promise to not let that happen. Still, he suspected she wouldn’t like it if he tried to attack the cultist out of the blue, and a part of him dreaded wanting to explain why he’d struck unprovoked to his parents, and so he waited for the cultist’s response. Let him answer Vivi’s question about Rainbowglow.

@Nohadon

Edited by I think I am here.

Yeah, Tyrian's still here. Not sure why...

Tyrian watched as Silas dramatically freed himself and retreived his lost Leecher. He crouched into a fighting stance as shadows shot from out from Silas, ready to aid his new ally in battle.

And then Silas disappeared.

Tyrian nearly dropped his sickle in shock. That wasn't part of the plan. He'd been told Silas was a great warrior, not a... coward.

He turned to the bystander groups. They, fortunately seemed just as suprised as he was. That gave him time. "Cinder," he half-whispered, and the ashspren flew back to his side. He growled at Althea.

Then he picked up the broken Thug, lying on the van floor, and hurled him at the Radiant with all his strength. He didn't wait to see the result; instead, Dustbringing with all his strength, he burst a whole through the other side of the van.

If he knew heroes, she would follow. But Tyrian didn't plan to run for long.

Aln stumbled backwards as a column of darkness shot from the prisoner and engulfed the unfortunate guard beside her. In her shock, it took her a moment to identify the investiture used. Storms, was that an Aether? With a Night bond, no less! 

She ducked behind an abandoned food cart as, finally, people started to run. Squinting back at the remaining warrior, she frowned. It looked as though he had said something about a "Cinder". A name, perhaps? This line of reasoning was immediately interrupted when the man threw a storming corpse at Althea and fled. 

Follow him, she told her spren upon regaining her breath. Be careful. Then her eyes sought Ben. Had he been hurt? Would he chase the man that he claimed to recognize?

@Ashbringer

Byron jumped as, once again, everything happened at once. A man flew out of the van on strings of darkness, then grabbed the Leecher and whisked him away to... who knows where. Then the beast threw a body at Althea and fled as well.

He whirled to Aln. "If he gets away, if he finds that prisoner... he'll destroy everything."

"We have to do something!"

Um... if you two don't notice what I did, I'll leave it alone. For now. Until I can see the look on your faces.

I'll say the Leecher was outside my bubble, since I don't even want to guess how an Aether interacts with timeskipping.

30 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Um... if you two don't notice what I did, I'll leave it alone. For now. Until I can see the look on your faces.

Well, consider the look on my face confused, because I clearly missed whatever it was. Once again, my own mind fails to live up to the intelligence of my character. Would an explanation be asking too much?

Aln froze, stammering at the urgent look on Ben's face.  "I-I'm not a warrior, Ben. I don't know what I could do."

Her eyes roved the scene, taking in the decimated van, the bloodied corpses, and the fleeing merrymakers. Her stomach dropped as she caught a glimpse of a familiar face in the crowd. Her brother craned his neck in search of her, worry in his eyes and a tray of chouta in his lap. It was too much. With him here, she would be worse than helpless. Every instinct within her screamed to flee, and she nearly did. But her eyes caught again Ben's expression, and she hesitated. He was asking for her help. Her help. 

She took a deep breath. "Look," she said, "I can contact the City Watch. There are people who can apprehend him. But what could we do against a koloss blooded Dustbringer and a man with two Aethers? We're safest if we just head back to my Guild."

ALN isn't really in a position to notice. Althea is, I think. I'm waiting to see if Sorana notices. There's a hint buried somewhere in Tyrian's posts...

Note that Byron's opinion of Althea's skill is not necessarily mine. Althea v. Tyrian would be interesting, but probably a draw.

Byron paused, eyes staring into the distance. "The hunter. Nale. Even he couldn't track down T-... him. Who here can do better?"

Then Byron considered his own words. "But if that's the case, then what chance would we have?"

He looked back, trying to see where Althea was in the cloud of dust the attacker had left in his wake. "At least wait for Althea. She can't face him alone."

On 6/6/2020 at 10:20 PM, Ashbringer said:

Byron paused, eyes staring into the distance. "The hunter. Nale. Even he couldn't track down T-... him. Who here can do better?"

Then Byron considered his own words. "But if that's the case, then what chance would we have?"

He looked back, trying to see where Althea was in the cloud of dust the attacker had left in his wake. "At least wait for Althea. She can't face him alone."

Fear pounded inside Aln. Who am I to fight these men? she thought once more. 

"You're a Truthwatcher," came Pel's faint reply. The mental connection grew weaker the further apart they were, but he had clearly been paying close attention.

Whatever that means, she replied with a sigh. Nevertheless, she found herself nodding. "Okay. I'll wait."

Sorry for missunderstanding bees post. I got confused by the fact that there are two leechers around. Just disregard my last post.

Althea ducked when he threw her corpse her way, barely avoiding being thrown to the ground with it. Taking advantage of her momentarily distraction he destroyed another all of the Van and vanished in the could of dust he left behind. She pressed her lips together, decided to respon to Max first. If he decided to flee, she should be able to catch up to him, but he didn't seem to be the type to run away, despite his partners disappearance. So all of this was nothing but a trap.

Here. she sent Max a picture of her location and the path they had skipped starting at the bonfire. He's possibly Dustbringer, definitely has a Shardblade and can rip walls apart. Aggressive behaviour speaks against any other order, but I don't know for sure. Yet. She would learn soon enough. Plus an unknown amount of other powers.

The cloud of dust started to sink to the ground and she focused her eyes on a point to the side. She would still be able to see Ben and Aln from there, and didn't have to walk past the Van. And she knew that he wasn't standing close to that part of the pavement either. It took her only a heartbeat to appear there, looking around for the man.

As you didn't leave a clear description of what Tyrion is planning to do/ what he is doing/ how far he's moving, I had to stop my post here. Otherwise I can't be sure I'm not contradicting something you have in mind.

@I think I am here. @Ashbringer

I’m thinking that you can find me eventually by skipping around. He’s just running, trying to draw you away from the others. Follow the trail of dust/slightly charred pavement.

Also, since nobody noticed or did anything: the Thug is still alive. Barely. He’s got a really bad side wound, but Tyrian didn’t Leech him so he’s still burning away pewter.

May edit to give a Tyrian POV in an hour or so, but I don’t have time right now.

Thank you.

I decided to post before you edit his POV in, as I'm gone until monday morning afterwards.

Her new position offered her a different viewpoint at the car, at Aln, Ben and the other man whose name she didn't know. She swept her head around tried to find the other Radiant. If he was a Dustbringer he would be able to move very fast, but she had reacted within seconds and she hoped that she would be able to see him in the street. The street wasn't empty and it took her a moment to spot the charred pavement, covered by a thin dust, leading away from the Van.

He was running. With a sigh she stepped out onto the street, ensuring that the others would be able to see her, and reach her within a couple of seconds, should it be neccessary. She wasn't planning to face him somewhere, completely alone. Eyes never leaving the street she sorted through the figures, followed the trail of dust to a place she wasn't entirely able to see from where she stood and hesitated. She could go there. It would take her nothing but a thought, wouldn't even need that much stormlight. But it would mean that she had to face him alone, away from the others. Face a Dustbringer.

Gritting her teeth in frustration she looked at her helbard, and then let go of it, waited for Brashen to reform on her arm. "What do we do now?" she asked him quietly. "We don't know where the other one went, nor do we know if there are others waiting for us to leave." she turned her head, wished that Max was here. Together, she would have a better feeling. "We can't leave the others alone, can we?" she asked him, and Brashen tilted his head, but stayed quiet. "If it's a trap, he will lure us away and then kill them."

He made an affirmative gesture and then spread his hands, still not speaking. "Or he wants to fight, but prefers for it to be a duel." Brashen nodded and sat down, left the decision to her.

"Aln." Althea called out to her. "Did you call the officials, inform them?" They would take a while to arrive, for sure wouldn't arrive in time, but this was an information they needed to have. How successful they would be finding a Radiant - Althea wasn't entirely sure about that part either and wished that they had never noticed the Van. A single night without a catastrophy. It would have been to easy.

I'm changing position, moving a little further down the road. she informed Max. He tries to lure me away.

And I'm stupid enough to follow. Walking along the street, she made sure she stayed in the middle, never out of sight of the other three. Thankfully it was long and straight, and she made sure she didn't leave the rest too far behind. If he ran he ran and she definitely wouldn't follow a stranger into the maze of Alleys and little streets all around. Too easy to be ambushed, to easy to die without a chance to defend herself. But she had at least to see, if he was really trying to escape or not.

@Ashbringer @Rushu42 @mathiau @I think I am here.

Just an FYI: this is about as subtle as Tyrian gets when Cinder doesn't have time to drill a plan into his head. Get into a position for an ambush, then... ambush, by just attacking full force. He's not the type to sneak up on people and disintegrate them before they move.

Tyrian crouched in an alleyway. He still couldn't see the Radiant, although he could hear her shouting at the others. Cinder had said she would follow, but he was still keeping an eye out for her.

He checked his supplies. He'd recovered the sickle that Silas had left unused, as well as some of the Skybreaker's spheres. Many were smokestone, which made it all the better for him. But he'd lost that blasted spike. Hopefully he'd be able to recover it.

Cinder whisked over to him. "Don't say anything, your voice is too loud, but she's still coming. She's an Elsecaller, and she definitely has a Shardblade." He paused, probably seeing Tyrian's dull expression. "She can teleport and Soulcast things into other things. Very dangerous, but generally not warriors. She's about fifty paces down the road. And closing."

Tyrian waited. She would come to him, and he would destroy.

Cinder looked at him. "I'm not convinced that she's evil. She seems concerned about her friends, and she was only trying to see what was going on."

Tyrian stared blankly. "And she called for authorities. She wants to destroy me," he tried to whisper. The pavement below him grayed and cracked under his power. "I will destroy and not be destroyed."

He looked at Cinder.

Cinder folded his arms. "If you think that's what your Third Oath is, you have a long way to go as a Radiant."

Tyrian rolled his eye, growling. He could hear the Radiant approaching, slowly, cautiously searching for him. Searching for a fight.

Just a few more steps, and she would have the fight that she desired.

@bees?

Captain Brin Flightless was lying down on the exterior stone wall of some shop. There was commotion all around him, but all he did was sip his Horneater lager.

"Do your job, Brin," said Trillium, a slit of night sky resting on Brin's sleeve.

"I'm here to relax, Trill... You don't even know if any laws were broken."

"I don't know? Look around for one second, Brin, you're a Skybreaker, someone is wreaking havoc, you have to stop them."

Brin groaned. "I have to stop them, don't I?"

"Yes."

This Damnation spren. He made his way to Alleycity for the first time in months, and as soon as he does, his spren nags him to stop crime.

"Can't a man have a Damnation break, Trill?" asked Brin.

"No."

With a groan, Brin lashed himself back onto the ground, cracked his neck, summoned Trill, and went in the direction of the criminal who ran and the Radiant who followed him. He took the final bite of his cookie, savouring it.

"Storming Damnation," Brin cursed.