Best characters in stormlight archives

Kharn

Who are tour favorite characters in SA?

Mine are, in no particular order:

Lopen - so cocky and self assured, always making jokes about himself and beating others to jokes about him.  Seems to see himself as far greater and larger than he is.

Wit - rude and funny, yet his comedy and insults tend to be missed by those he insults.  The collective opinion of wit by everyone else is also hilarious.

Syl - starts off having to learn how to be "normal" by human standards, much like the terminator in T2.  When she learns about sarcasm, the whole game changes and she becomes hilarious in her own right.

Rock - his carefree attitude and good sense of humor toward himself and his family (both bridge 4 and other horneaters) adds great comic relief to Kaladin's depressing attitudes.

Who do you enjoy and why?

Kaladin - the one who drew me in

Shallan - has flaws that are actually flaws (instead of say, you care too much! or you were too badass!)

The Spren : Syl - I was expecting WoR's bond weakening, I was also expecting it to occur due to Syl's preoccupation with Honor. I'm glad she proved me wrong. Pattern - adorkable. Rua - adorable. Glys - adorable. Teft's Honorspren - need I say more? Timbre - so brave!

The Heralds - the tragedy and the grit

All the interlude characters: Rysn, Axies, Ishikk, Kaza, Baxil, Ym, Geranid, Ellista

Cultivation - What's her plan? What's her plan?

Also, welcome to the Shard, @Kharn!

Edited by Honorless
Added the spren

Kaladin - because he is the first character in the series who i fell in love with. He is one genuinely good character in the SA and his arc is just awesome.

Dalinar - yup the dude is pure awesomeness, i agree @Ookla the Prolific especially love his ability to surprise me again and again with this actions, like giving up his shard, beating elhokar up, standing on a stool and confessing to all at a feast that he sees these visions and on and on i can go. but of course I am unity

Jasnah - i really like her a lot, everything about her resonates so well with me.

Taln - because how can you not?!

All the spren - syl, pattern, wyndle etc are just so special yet all so unique.

yes i would have to agree with @Honorless about Cultivation too. She is right now my favourite shard after Harmony.

Dalinar and Shallan are very complex and well written characters, and I ended loving both of them and their story arcs. Alog with Jasnah they are my favorite characters.

While not that well written yet, I love Lift. She's cute af. Sometimes I feel like Sanderson is really having fun while written about her, make me feel even more connected to her personality and traits 

Other characters I like are Adolin, Navani, Mraize, Taravangian (not because of his character, but because of his background), Renarin, Evi and Ash (pretty much the only Herald I like)

My favorite Pardhendi is Eshonai by far. Excited to see her flashbacks!

My favorite interlude character is Rysn. I really like her, I kinda created a sense of attachment to her despite reading so few of her story. Hope she still having POV chapters in the next book.

On Spren side, I really like Pattern and sympathize with Timbre, though she never said a word, I find her monologues with Venli heartwarming. Sja-anat seems promising too.

Edited by IcaroRibeiro
Typo

My choices:

Amaram - Interesting and tragic. Also has a cool name. 

Nale - Love justice-obsessed characters.

Dalinar - His arc in OB is pure greatness, and I love him.

Pattern - Funniest character in the Cosmere.

Mraize - Part mob boss, part warrior, part spy, part adventurer... and mysterious to boot.

Taln - Because its Taln. 

Rysn - Her exploration is interesting, and the grass, the larkin, and her disability make her a quite unique character.

Axies - Obviously.

Edited by Toaster Retribution

• Chaos locked this topic