The Bleeding Spike Tavern

Elend  Venture

Lita smirked when she heard the slight acceleration of Lena's pulse, and she gave the Coin one last flip before sliding it back into her pocket. No need to reveal all her tricks so soon into the day. She cocked her head and took a longer drink, only wincing a tiny bit at the acrid yet cloying sweetness of the port. Rusts who made this? I'd like to ask them a few pointed questions.

The young man who had walked in and ordered a coffee caught her eye, and she thought she recognized him. That funding party, she realized. What was his name... Alan? No, Alask. That was it, Alask, the new patriarch of the Forge. He looked about two steps from collapsing against the bartop and snoring. Long nights? Doing what, I wonder.

Lita leaned forward, Tin allowing her to catch the delicate spice of Lena's perfume. She nodded just slightly towards Alask, lowering her voice as much as she dared while still allowing Lena to hear her.

"Your friend over there," she murmured. "He's been making rather a name for himself amongst this city's ragged masses. Word on the street has it that he's working with some dark guardian, stalking the slums at night and protecting the weak. It seems a bit fanciful, but then again, who am I to talk? So, what's his story?"

@Sorana

Lena smiled when Lita leaned over and mirrored her movement, brought her face close to Lita's. Lita's perfume filled her nose and reminded her of past nights and those that were to come, but for now she did nothing but bring her lips close to Lita's ear. She was close enough that she could hear Lita breathing, smell the port on her breath.

"That is a secret."

She whispered, so quietly she barely heard her own voice. Alask's story, she knew it, was one of the few that knew. Now and then she went with him when he headed out for the night, when Shez took over. She liked Shez. He killed without a bloodbath, quick and clean. And he didn't mind her poisoning people. She didn't doubt that Lita would pay her well for that information, but it wasn't only about Alask, it was also about Mart. It was only half a year, but the boy strived, living together with Alask had helped him, had banished some of his demons. Her body adored Alask, sucked up ever word of his, tried to make him proud. It was good for Mart to have a man around while growing up and she wouldn't risk it. He was the one person in her life she really cared about - apart from her poisons.

Lena moved away from Lita, brushed her lips over the woman's cheek in a wordless promise of what was to come. A wicked grin lit up her face when she leaned back again, finished her wine. Denying Lita something she wanted to have usally lead to interesting results.

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by Sorana

"That is a secret," Lena whispered into her ear, breath hot and laced with wine. 

Lita felt all the hair on her body rise at once, an electric prickle that slid across her skin like one long draw of heat from her Brassminds. She took in a small, sharp breath, then watched as Lena leaned back in her seat and finished her wine. Lita  still felt the whisper echo of Lena's lips against her cheekbone, and she tapped one lacquered fingernail against the tabletop, mouth twisting crookedly. Irritation and intrigue coiled within her like two serpents, and she fixed Lena with the full force of her attention.

"I happen to be quite the avid collector of secrets," she said, taking another swallow of port. She barely tasted it now, her tongue too busy tracing the bottom edges of her teeth, which she bared in a hungry little smile. "Rest assured, I can pay for the privilege."

Lena said nothing, continuing to stare at Lita with that wicked, knowing smile. Lita knocked back the rest of her port and took three chrysts from one pocket, setting them on the table next to her empty glass as a tip. Her heart thrummed in her chest, her body tense and alert. She realized she'd begun unconsciously burning Pewter, and it drove her forward, onward, even as Tin allowed her to feel the power whipping through her veins.

Time to go, I think.

"You value your information highly - I respect that," Lita said, leaning back towards Lena. "Why don't we take a walk? We can discuss terms more privately. Perhaps I can convince you to part with that secret. I may be a Tineye, but I've been told I have a Soother's tongue."

She slid off the bar stool without waiting for a reply, heading towards the ironwood doors. Lita smirked when she heard the other woman follow her, and together they walked out onto the street.

Sorana ok'd the slight godmod here, for reference. She's off to sleep for the night. :] 

@Sorana

A tall, broad shouldered man in a festive ensemble walked through the doors, ducking his head beneath the low door frame. He walked up to the counter and slammed his palm down. "How much for a room?"

This post describes his appearance. Also, he has black Singer patterns and glowing red eyes. Also, guess I'll just tag all the workers.

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/74485-city-of-oasis/?do=findComment&comment=915461

@Elend Venture @Ark1002 @Oduim's Chmapion @Sherlock Holmes

Edited by bees?

1 hour ago, bees? said:

A tall, broad shouldered man in a festive ensemble walked through the doors, ducking his head beneath the low door frame. He walked up to the counter and slammed his palm down. "How much for a room?"

@Elend Venture @Ark1002 @Oduim's Chmapion @Sherlock Holmes

Talon looked the man up and down, smiled. "Depends on what you're paying with."

8 hours ago, bees? said:

"The souls of the innocent and the blood of the damned. Why, what would anyone sane pay with?" Talas winked, the red light in his eye flashing out. "Money. Any kind you accept."

@Sherlock Holmes

Talon smiled. "Guess that works too..." He rattled off the price of a room, since apparently this was an inn more than anything, smiling at the tall guy and playing with his hair. 

On 19/09/2019 at 10:52 PM, Ark1002 said:

Abraham nodded. "Seems so. We just opened, and we've got, what, four customers already?"

He stepped back into the kitchen, and began cooking up some scrambled eggs.

"You hungry?"

“Uh...” Alask moved to decline the offer, but his growling stomach quelled any objections he had. Fortunately Shez didn’t require food, or Alask would have to eat double all portions, something he seriously didn’t have the energy for nowadays.

“Sure. Do you guys have toast, maybe?” Toast was good. Alask had found no matter how seedy a place, it was almost impossible to mess up toast. So toast would do. A server in an outfit that made Alask’s cheeks tinge red turned to him.

Your friend over there bought two weapons of your choice for you. If you tell me what you want I'll go get it for you."

Ripping his eyes away from the server he glanced at Lena for a second before looking back to his coffee. Lena had bought weapons for him? What weapons would Alask even require, when he had Shez to handle most problems. Still... something non-lethal would be nice. Just in case Alask didn’t want to kill anybody.

“Do you have a taser?” He asked. Good choice, tasers didn’t shed blood. “One of those ones that can be fired outwards. And uh... a baton?” Alask was too realise the irony of a thief asking for traditional police weapons so he just smiled and looked at the waitress, keeping his eyes from looking below her face.

@Oduim's Chmapion

Edited by I think I am here.

10 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Uh...” Alask moved to decline the offer, but his growling stomach quelled any objections he had. Fortunately Shez didn’t require food, or Alask would have to eat double all portions, something he seriously didn’t have the energy for nowadays.

“Sure. Do you guys have toast, maybe?” Toast was good. Alask had found no matter how seedy a place, it was almost impossible to mess up toast. So toast would do. A server in an outfit that made Alask’s cheeks tinge red turned to him.

Your friend over there bought two weapons of your choice for you. If you tell me what you want I'll go get it for you."

Ripping his eyes away from the server he glanced at Lena for a second before looking back to his coffee. Lena had bought weapons for him? What weapons would Alask even require, when he had Shez to handle most problems. Still... something non-lethal would be nice. Just in case Alask didn’t want to kill anybody.

“Do you have a taser?” He asked. Good choice, tasers didn’t shed blood. “One of those ones that can be fired outwards. And uh... a baton?” Alask was too realise the irony of a thief asking for traditional police weapons so he just smiled and looked at the waitress, keeping his eyes from looking below her face.

@Oduim's Chmapion

"Of, coarse we do dear," Hydries said happily. Walking of to go get the weapons he desired swishing her hips all the way. She returned a moment later. "Here you are," she said and held out the weapons.

Lena returned after a while, looked for Alask. She was still smiling, although more like a cat that had gotten what it wanted, than her earlier amused expression. Her movements were slightly off and if someone looked close, they would see that her pupils were still slightly widened from the drugs she had taken. Poisons were something beautiful. Like a power to wrap itself around you and never let you go again. And the power was hers.

"Hey Alask." She greeted him and then looked at the weapons. "Are you ready to go?"

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

On 22/09/2019 at 2:15 PM, Sorana said:

“Hey Alask." She greeted him and then looked at the weapons. "Are you ready to go?"

“Just about,”

Alask said, watching her slight-off movements but too tired to connect it to any particular thing. He looked where the other woman had gone, almost certainly one of the guilds, judging by her confident body language. But it wasn’t Alask’s business to pry into who met who. He nodded his thanks to the waitress and strapped the baton to his side, as well as activating the safety on the taser and keeping it in his pocket.

“You shouldn’t need those,” Shez said. “You have me.”

But what if I need to hurt someone who’s not breaking the Rules?

“You shouldn’t want to. You should only hurt people when the Rules are broken. And then I’ll hurt them.”

But what if they’re not breaking the rules, but still doing something bad?

Shez paused. “I still get confused by this morality thing, Alask. Good and bad. What are they? Morals are labels.”

That doesn’t make any sense.

Shez hummed and Alask stood from his stool. “Mart’s at the Forge?” He asked Lena.

"Thank you, good sir. Now, I must go get changed. I believe there is a promotion ceremony I'm missing." Talas reached up behind his head and untied the knot on his ribbon, letting his mask fall into his other hand. Red irises and pink sclera looked out from beneath his black-streaked face, bony ridges poking out from his cheekbones and running back into his hair. "Not exactly what you expected, huh?" Talas turned around and walked away, removing his jacket and shirt before he even got into the room.

Talas stepped out in an outfit that was perfect for him. White silk shirt, tailored black jacket and pants, black tie with an emerald pin, black silk gloves, freshly polished black leather boots, and his hair free but still styled impeccably. A small bubble of nervousness rose up in him. "Time to go reintroduce myself to my family."

22 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Shez paused. “I still get confused by this morality thing, Alask. Good and bad. What are they? Morals are labels.”

That doesn’t make any sense.

Shez hummed and Alask stood from his stool. “Mart’s at the Forge?” He asked Lena.

"I hope so." Lena replied and tried to remember when Mart's school finished today. Then she had to check which time it was. "He should be by now, maybe doing some homework?"

She sighed when took in his tired appearance and offered him a small, white pill. "Harmless. It will kelp you be more alert when go the guild. I doubt you want to appear weak there." Alternatively he could start drinking coffee, but the pill would be fast and stronger than any coffee brewed in most taverns. "It's not healthy what you do." She stated without any concern in her voice. He was old enough to ruin his body, if he wanted to.

9 hours ago, bees? said:

"Thank you, good sir. Now, I must go get changed. I believe there is a promotion ceremony I'm missing." Talas reached up behind his head and untied the knot on his ribbon, letting his mask fall into his other hand. Red irises and pink sclera looked out from beneath his black-streaked face, bony ridges poking out from his cheekbones and running back into his hair. "Not exactly what you expected, huh?" Talas turned around and walked away, removing his jacket and shirt before he even got into the room.

Talas stepped out in an outfit that was perfect for him. White silk shirt, tailored black jacket and pants, black tie with an emerald pin, black silk gloves, freshly polished black leather boots, and his hair free but still styled impeccably. A small bubble of nervousness rose up in him. "Time to go reintroduce myself to my family."

"Still looks nice," Talon mumbled, fascinated by the oddities more than anything. 

On 26/09/2019 at 9:01 PM, Sorana said:

"It's not healthy what you do." She stated without any concern in her voice. He was old enough to ruin his body, if he wanted to.

“Tell me about it,” he said and popped the pill in his mouth, swallowing it along with a sip of coffee. The final sip, he realised, dropping the coffee in the bin. He turned to her, and began to walking to the door.

“And you’re right, I don’t want to appear weak. It would be a shame for the neighbourhood to think that, after they have such a high opinion of us now. What, with fixing the water, trying to contact the Scholar’s guild and everything else we’ve been doing for them. I think some of them know you go on the night patrols too.”

He pointed to her. “That definitely gets their respect, for some reason.”

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Hm," Talon said. "You mind if I share it with you~?" He winked and licked his lips.

Vio is a portly middle aged man.

"Yes much, please don't." Vio took out some money and tossed it to the man. "Private with a window," call on me only if someone asks for me by name."

------

"I'm bored," Hydries declared.

Edited by That Violin Guy

31 minutes ago, That Violin Guy said:

"Yes much, please don't." Vio took out some money and tossed it to the man. "Private with a window," call on me only if someone asks for me by name."

------

"I'm bored," Hydries declared.

Talon will be Talon.

Talon counted out the coins for such a room, then slid the rest back. "Your change. Room 7."