Wild theory time

Timothy

Here are the wild theories that popped into my head while in class.

Cultivation's name has been RAFOd constantly, which obviously means her name is that of a named character. I also dont remember Navani meeting Hoid, which leads us to the only obvious conclusion that Navani is Cultivations unknowing avatar and her name.

All parsh are fabrials.

The Parsh hear the rhythms becausd they are more connected to the investiture in Roshar, which mainly belongs to cultivation (at least the rhythm part).

Humans are starting to get more connected too. Renarin, having a gemheart where to store Glys, will be the first to properly sing.

Kaladin comes from a very politically active family.

Cultivationavani helped to bring the desolation to get rid of Odium because she's tired of trapping him.

Cultivationavani dislikes the stormfather and Honors smormfathery side.

Rayse is a liar who lies even to himself and not even he knows why he's doing what he does. 

Soothers and rioters can relatively easily affect the Parsh because of their gemhearts.

Heralds are born the same way the fused are, during a highstorm, except the user doesnt even have to be willing. This is why they dont look like Shin.

Cultivation is keeping her army hidden. They'll come from the origin with light in their pockets and rek everyone.

Navani is the cultivation equivalent of Vin.

The parsh are have access to the spiritual realm via the songs, which is their source of investiture.

Odium has been grooming Shallan for a long long time.

Rock was never a cook and he simply lied.

Aimians are Cultivations secret police.

Musicspren are the key.

Dalinar is getting the shard of odium. His golden light is Odiums.

I have nothing to justify sny of these theories, but they obviously must be true. Even when they contradict each other. Specially then.

Edit: All typos are intentional.

Edited by Timothy

11 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Rock was never a cook and he simply lied.

I think this is actually true. I think that all Unkalaki start off learning all the different trades, and then once they become an adult they focus on just their birth order trade. So, Rock had training as a soldier, but he was born to be a cook and became one once he became an adult. Then, he followed his older brothers, presumably whom are all soldiers, down to fight Sadeas for his Shards. Once his brothers died, by custom, he becomes both clan chief and a soldier. However, Rock didn’t want to live with this responsibility, so he pretended to still be just a cook. Now that he is a Shardbearer, and therefore King of the Unkalaki, he will have to come to grips with the fact that he is a soldier/leader.

23 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think this is actually true. I think that all Unkalaki start off learning all the different trades, and then once they become an adult they focus on just their birth order trade. So, Rock had training as a soldier, but he was born to be a cook and became one once he became an adult. Then, he followed his older brothers, presumably whom are all soldiers, down to fight Sadeas for his Shards. Once his brothers died, by custom, he becomes both clan chief and a soldier. However, Rock didn’t want to live with this responsibility, so he pretended to still be just a cook. Now that he is a Shardbearer, and therefore King of the Unkalaki, he will have to come to grips with the fact that he is a soldier/leader.

I believe it says in SA somewhere that Rock was originally born to be a soldier, and only with the death of his brother(s) did he become cook. This is why his wife was shocked to find him as a cook when traveling in the shattered plains. 

20 minutes ago, Kon-Tiki said:

As much as I think "cultivationavani" is hilarious, she meets Hoid at the party where Sadeas releases Dalinar's vision. She hits him with paper when he tries to start insulting her and Hoid is impressed

*gasp*

Sam Script

Please tell me the name of the holder of Cultivation

Brandon Sanderson

Hoid calls her Slammer... but that isn't her real name.

Footnote: The map and arrow at the bottom of the image were drawn by the questioner and do not relate to the question.
source

Theory confirmed.

1 hour ago, Ashertliden said:

I believe it says in SA somewhere that Rock was originally born to be a soldier, and only with the death of his brother(s) did he become cook. This is why his wife was shocked to find him as a cook when traveling in the shattered plains. 

That’s what Rock tells everyone, but he himself says that he’s lied to Bridge Four.

1 hour ago, Ripheus23 said:

If Navani is Cultivation then Jasnah being a heretic is even funnier :P

I am still of the personal opinion that there is absolutely no problem with Jasnah having knowledge of the Shards and still be an atheist. The Shards are simply beings with just as much faults as everyone else, with a greater metric of power. That does not make them a god that should be worshiped. Anyone with the right knowledge and resources can take the power away and become one. 

edit: Also Cultivation is unconnected to the Vorin religion. The Old Magic is seen as a heresy/blasphemy so it would have no bearing on Jasnah's heresy regarding the Vorin religion. Though I see what you are getting at lol. 

Edited by Pathfinder

42 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I am still of the personal opinion that there is absolutely no problem with Jasnah having knowledge of the Shards and still be an atheist. The Shards are simply beings with just as much faults as everyone else, with a greater metric of power. That does not make them a god that should be worshiped. Anyone with the right knowledge and resources can take the power away and become one. 

Dalinar seems to be thinking along these lines, although he probably doesn't have a name for em nor all the facts. He's starting to believe in something greater than the shards of Adonalsium. 

6 minutes ago, Dalakaar said:

Dalinar seems to be thinking along these lines, although he probably doesn't have a name for em nor all the facts. He's starting to believe in something greater than the shards of Adonalsium. 

Dalinar I feel is currently an agnostic. He believes in a "higher power" but he does not know yet exactly what form it takes. Jasnah on the other hand in my opinion, even if she received the same visions as Dalinar, would have no evidence to cause her to believe this could not be yet another fallible entity that simply has access to power she does not yet have access to or knowledge of. So I think its cool that Dalinar and Jasnah could co-exist, with the exact same level of information, and still hold to their own rationale/beliefs without conflict. 

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

So I think its cool that Dalinar and Jasnah could co-exist, with the exact same level of information, and still hold to their own rationale/beliefs without conflict. 

Ditto. I like that Brandon isn’t going to delve into the Beyond on purpose.

Pertinent and interesting WoB that includes Dalinar/Jasnah even. 

Questioner[PENDING REVIEW]

After people die, in this universe, where do they go? Because, at first they appear in the <?>, and then they go somewhere else.

Brandon Sanderson[PENDING REVIEW]

One of the things that's very important to me as a writer, when I am writing stories, is when we get to these kind of fundamental questions about faith and religion and things like this, that the narrative is allowing multiple characters' viewpoints to be plausibly true, if this makes sense. For instance, I am not gonna come out and say, "Is there a capital-G God of the cosmere, is there an afterlife?" These are not questions I'm gonna answer, because in-world, they can't answer them. What they can say is, your Investiture will leave what we call a Cognitive Shadow, which is an imprint of your personality that can do certain things. And that most of those fade away, and you can see them, glimpse them, and then watch them go. But, are they going somewhere? Or are they not? Is that simply the Investiture being reclaimed, Is it more of a Buddhist thought, where your soul is getting recycled and used again? Is it nothing, you return to, you know, being... yeah, is it a different type of matter? Or is there a Beyond, is there a capital-G God? These questions are not answered. I'm never gonna answer those.

Now, the characters will try to answer them. But it's important to me that both Dalinar and Jasnah can exist in the same universe, and that the story is not saying "This one is right, and this one is wrong." The story is saying "This is how this one sees the world; this is how this one sees the world." It's very important to me from the beginning to do that, just because... Like, I hate reading a book where someone espouses my viewpoint only to get proven wrong by the entire structure of the narrative, and in that universe, that person iswrong. But I'm like, "In our universe, I don't think that I am. Just the way you constructed everything makes it so that I have to be wrong, if I were living in your universe, even if it's not a sci-fi/fantasy one." If that makes sense.

This is just kind of for respecting my characters and for the people who hold the viewpoints of my characters, in particular if they happen to be different from my own viewpoints. I feel there are certain lines I'm not gonna cross.

So, the answer is: who do you believe? Which of the philosophies in the books do you look at and say "Yeah!" Or, even better: listen to lots of different ones, and maybe these different viewpoints are all gonna have interesting points that'll things to think upon.

source

17 hours ago, RShara said:

Not sure if srs?

These theories are 16% serious, 10% true and Navani % Cultivated. 

18 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think Rock is lying about quite a few more things, but I'm not sure how much and about what. He's the only source we have on his culture too, which makes things more confusing.

My pet theory about him is that he was way more involved in the Sadeas fiasco than what he lets on. Maybe he's the one who was supposed to fight and the whole thing was partially his idea? I doubt he was the nuatoma, because of what his wife said about him now being the *redacted*, but who knows.

17 hours ago, Kon-Tiki said:

damnation. 

17 hours ago, insert_anagram_here said:

*gasp*

Theory confirmed.

Truth and canon.

Edited by Timothy

• Chaos locked this topic