Why does the Ghostbloods and Jasnah oppose each other? (Spoilers)

Topic says it all.

They try to murder each other with different success but why do they?

I would get it id it was the Sons of Honor, they care only about the return of the Heralds by causing the return of the Voidbringers which Jasnah tries to prevent.

I would get Mr.T, if the Diagram would say kill Jasnah then he would, also she is a KR which Mr.T does not approve of.    

The goals of the Ghostbloods are murky, but from what we now know they do not clash with Jasnahs as far as i can. Both  want to find Urithiru, Ghostbloods opposes the Sons of Honor which Jasnah would as well so then WHY? :(

Topic says it all.

They try to murder each other with different success but why do they?

I would get it id it was the Sons of Honor, they care only about the return of the Heralds by causing the return of the Voidbringers which Jasnah tries to prevent.

I would get Mr.T, if the Diagram would say kill Jasnah then he would, also she is a KR which Mr.T does not approve of.    

The goals of the Ghostbloods are murky, but from what we now know they do not clash with Jasnahs as far as i can. Both  want to find Urithiru, Ghostbloods opposes the Sons of Honor which Jasnah would as well so then WHY? :(

There's not much we have to go on, unfortunately. If I was to hazard a guess, Jasnah did not know about the Ghostbloods until the first time they tried to kill her - she survives and so starts to investigate them. So why did they attack her in the first place? Probably because they see her as competition and whatever they want they want it for themselves. So what do the Ghostbloods want? I have no real idea.

The Ghostbloods seem to have a "hunt or be hunted" attitude that's pretty close to the Philosophy of Starkness briefly mentioned in tWoK ("kill or be killed"). They don't seem like a nice bunch. They also seem to have multiple worldhoppers among their ranks which makes me think that the founder and many of the top-level members are worldhoppers too. They may be some kinda pan-Cosmere tomb raiders or maybe they do have some kind of specific end-goal in mind.

Mraize actually says that Jasnah killed one of their own so now they are trying to kill her. The research just seems like a bonus. Why she had one assassinated I'm not sure or if she knew that person was a Ghostblood.

Edited by Numb

I don't think Taravangian disapproves of the Knights Radiant per se.  He simply views them as a potential impediment to his plan to save a remnant of humanity on Roshar.

Edited by Arondell

Mraize actually says that Jasnah killed one of their own so now they are trying to kill her. The research just seems like a bonus. Why she had one assassinated I'm not sure or if she knew that person was a Ghostblood.

We don't know for sure who "started" it but unless Jasnah is lying when she says she doesn't know much about them I don't see why she would "assassinate" someone she doesn't know much about. What Mraize says implies that Jasnah started it but doesn't actually state it - if we just consider it as is then he might have been lying by omission (something Shallan's done quite a bit of). If Jasnah did start it then I suspect it was more by accident - she could have had someone assassinated for other reasons who happened to be with the Ghostbloods.

It's possible that the Ghostbloods were quite a lot more interested in Jasnah's work than they wanted to let on to someone outside of the group - they certainly seemed to want both her work and her life. They might have worried about expressing too much interest in Jasnah's work to keep Tyn and her associates from taking too much of an interest in it, for example. They certainly should have been very interested in her work.

I gather from Kasbal's big rant that the Ghostbloods are some form of hardline Vorin sect who probably would not get along with an avowed atheist. They may believe Jasnah will either defect to the Voidbringers or arrogantly try and fail to overcome them without divine aid.

I gather from Kasbal's big rant that the Ghostbloods are some form of hardline Vorin sect who probably would not get along with an avowed atheist. They may believe Jasnah will either defect to the Voidbringers or arrogantly try and fail to overcome them without divine aid.

I think that's his personal gripe. Would be ironic if was all the Ghostbloods since Sons of Honor want to restore power of the church too...

But I think Ghostbloods are more of a group of off-worlders anyway - I doubt they're that interested in Vorinism as a whole.

We don't know for sure who "started" it but unless Jasnah is lying when she says she doesn't know much about them I don't see why she would "assassinate" someone she doesn't know much about.

Well, we've actually seen her kill four thugs with whom she had no real connection with.  She only knew that they were terrorizing a part of the city, so she took it upon herself to deal with them.  She may have had something similar occur with the Ghostbloods.  They could have been involved in criminal activity.  Heck, we've seen them try to assassinate one of the Sons of Honor.  Jasnah might have gotten caught up in that unintentionally and now she's in their crosshairs.  She did know Amaram, after all.

• 1 month later...

What if the reason has to do with Gavilar?  Gavilar assumes first that Thaidakar is the one who had him assassinated, and Amaram does the same for when Helaran attacks him. Jasnah could possibly have learned that the Ghostbloods wanted to kill Gavilar, which is what caused her to contract Liss and all the other assassins-in order to protect her family. She wouldn't even necessarily have to know about the Sons of Honor, if she learned that the Ghostbloods exist and they had a grudge on her father and his friends. I see Jasnah reacting...poorly...to that kind of situation, and sending her contacts on an assassination spree. 

• Chaos locked this topic