Dalinar bondsmith

bdoble97

With Dalinar as a bondsmith the stormfather stated that he would be shardless. My question is as a bonndsmith that can "bond" spren to people that are deserving to become KR and "smith" like blackssmithg to create shardplate and shardblades. Im probably totally wrong.

The Order's name usually describes their power. Dalinar has Adhesion, so he can 'bond' things together, and also use Tension to do something interest things. Also, in a more metaphorical sense, Dalinar forges bonds between people and is uniting nations, which is apparently what the Bondsmiths do.

I really don't think he'll be creating any Shardblades for some reason.

Also: you might want to change the thread title (edit your post, go to full editor) to not reveal Dalinar is a Bondsmith. They can see thread titles on the main page of the forums, so it's a pretty big spoiler.

Edited by Moogle

To be fair the back cover of Words of Radiance already calls Dalinar (not by name, but it is very obvious) a Bondsmith, so it's not a big issue.

Besides, it's in the WoR forum. I presume everyone lurking is either spoiled already, or wants to be spoiled.

Spoilers for book 5:

I think that a really nice time will be had by all when in Book 5 the Stormfather goes "WHOA!  All Y'all need some SERIOUS intervention!  And then turns into an ENORMOUS shardblade for Dalinar.

Edited because I did not know what WT* was a reportable sort of thing.  *is sorry*

Edited by Horatio Spifflewicket

Ah, fair enough. But then again, the back cover of WoR already spoils it, and that's not exactly a well-kept secret!

Seriously though, is it possible to remove topics from certain forums there? Cosmere and WoR forum topics should really be kept hidden, it's easier for everyone that way.

I like the topics on there. Between Cosmere and WoR, that's probably the majority of topics on this site recently. The tool becomes almost useless when you take those out. Who is really coming there that hasn't read the books? Honestly? Almost nobody. Let's stop turning every thread into a conversation about changing the topic titles, please.

Or we could have people stop posting spoilers in the title.  What's the problem with "Thoughts on Bondsmiths" for a title, and having the very first post be exactly the same as bdoble97 wrote?  

The problem with having a spoiler like "WHY DOES ADOLIN MURDER SADEAS!?" in the title is that, even if 99% of the people coming to the page have read the book, why on earth would you be okay with upsetting the remaining 1% when it would take seconds to be just a little courteous?  Using the spoiler tags in the forum is silly and keeping the title as "*SPOILERS* WHY DOES ADOLIN MURDER SADEAS?!" is ridiculous; but spending just 30 seconds in thought to come up with a title that gets your point across just seems the smart thing to do. 

The request for non-spoiler titles has nothing to do with the spoiler button you can press to hide text inside of a post and never has, so seriously, you can kill that argument.

Towards OP: I was initially thinking that Bondsmiths would have a role to play in the creation of Shardplate (but not Shardbades).  There's a couple of threads dedicated to just what Plate is and how it's made that made me change my mind.  I do think that Moogle's got his role nailed down, though, with forging the metaphorical bonds between people and nations.  

I was going to actually add something relevant to the discussion in the edit, but then I noticed the typo and left it at that.

I would suggest that a Bondsmith can facilitate the creation of Nahel bonds and through the link with the spren, is better at identifying potential candidates. Because, on their own, the powers do not seem powerful enough to limit the numbers of the order to so few, and the characteristics needed to become a Bondsmith are not that difficult to find.

Will Taravangian be one of the other bondsmiths?

While I can dream... nope. Almost definitely not happening without major character development (which would probably make the character nonsensical). His personal philosophy is directly opposed to that of the Radiants, and he's willing to divide in order to unite, not exactly something Dalinar would approve of, I would guess.

While I can dream... nope. Almost definitely not happening without major character development (which would probably make the character nonsensical). His personal philosophy is directly opposed to that of the Radiants, and he's willing to divide in order to unite, not exactly something Dalinar would approve of, I would guess.

The Diagram explicitly points to a peace seeking Dalinar as a competition. So I thought if Taravangian would end up as a second bondsmith.

Or we could have people stop posting spoilers in the title.  What's the problem with "Thoughts on Bondsmiths" for a title, and having the very first post be exactly the same as bdoble97 wrote?  

The problem with having a spoiler like "WHY DOES ADOLIN MURDER SADEAS!?" in the title is that, even if 99% of the people coming to the page have read the book, why on earth would you be okay with upsetting the remaining 1% when it would take seconds to be just a little courteous?  Using the spoiler tags in the forum is silly and keeping the title as "*SPOILERS* WHY DOES ADOLIN MURDER SADEAS?!" is ridiculous; but spending just 30 seconds in thought to come up with a title that gets your point across just seems the smart thing to do. 

The request for non-spoiler titles has nothing to do with the spoiler button you can press to hide text inside of a post and never has, so seriously, you can kill that argument.

Towards OP: I was initially thinking that Bondsmiths would have a role to play in the creation of Shardplate (but not Shardbades).  There's a couple of threads dedicated to just what Plate is and how it's made that made me change my mind.  I do think that Moogle's got his role nailed down, though, with forging the metaphorical bonds between people and nations.  

There is a fine line between courtesy and catering to paranoia. There are only so many vague titles out there before they all start looking the same, and there are only so many topics I'm actually interested in reading. Your example is perfect here. If someone posted "Thoughts on Adolin" I probably wouldn't read it. I don't read everything on this site like I used to - just the fun/important looking stuff. One that reads "Will Murder Charges Land Adolin in Urithiru Prison?" is much more likely to get my attention. But hey, I come here multiple times a day. Let's not make the site effective for 99 people because it might spoil a plot point for 1 person who is poking their nose into forums about content they haven't read. This community is supposed to be a place to come to talk about the content of the books, not a place to come skirt around details out of "courtesy." Television shows don't delay airing their next episode because someone might not have seen last weeks. It's absurd. 

I didn't think people were going to have so much to say about my spoiler title. Sorry that I may have ruined the ending of Dalinar arc in WOR. I in the middle of book 1 of the mistborn and would be upset if I read a spoiler on this website. But seeing how have not read all the mistborn books I try to stay way from there threads. But if I were to read a spoiler I only can get mad at myself due to fact that I know I'm on a website filled with spoilers. On another note I am having such a hard time with the mistborn book I read WOK and WOR both so fast but I have had put the mistborn books down and restarted them 2 times. Does it get much better in book 2 bc I love Sanderson books Elantrs and what he did with the 3 Wheel of Time were amazing sorry for the wrong for spelling Elantrs

Does it get much better in book 2 bc I love Sanderson books Elantrs and what he did with the 3 Wheel of Time were amazing sorry for the wrong for spelling Elantrs

Book 2 is the slowest of the three books. Mistborn 3 is completely worth slogging through Mistborn 2, though.

• Chaos locked this topic