Adonalsium's name?

Ethan_sedai

I'm not sure if this has been stated or even noticed, but I was thinking about glyphs on Roshar, and I noticed that Adonalsium could possibly be related to the glyph Adoda, meaning light. (the reason this is in the OB spoiler board is because the first I had heard about the glyph Adoda was the naming of Adolin)

Because I was thinking of Glyphpairs, I thought that Adonalsium might be a Glyphpair, or even a triplet of glyphs (not sure what the word would be for that) with -ium at the end.

really, this is just a thought, but if anyone wants to add or tear down this idea, feel free.(but personally, I'd rather be of Cultivation than of Ruin.:P)

sorry if this seems a bit scattered, but whenever i went back to change something in a sentence, it would highlight letters instead of just having that little black bar, so I couldn't add words without carving holes in the sentence, if someone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, please help.

sorry if this seems a bit scattered, but whenever i went back to change something in a sentence, it would highlight letters instead of just having that little black bar, so I couldn't add words without carving holes in the sentencelike thisone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, please help.

This is a really interesting observation I've never seen made (though I've been pretty inactive the last 9 months). Investiture is often described as like light shining out from the spiritual realm, through the cognitive and into the physical realm. Its very believable that the name adonalsium was carried down into the development of Rosharan language to make adoda (the symmetrical version of ado) mean light. 

I like it.

4 hours ago, ethan sedai said:

I'm not sure if this has been stated or even noticed, but I was thinking about glyphs on Roshar, and I noticed that Adonalsium could possibly be related to the glyph Adoda, meaning light. (the reason this is in the OB spoiler board is because the first I had heard about the glyph Adoda was the naming of Adolin)

Because I was thinking of Glyphpairs, I thought that Adonalsium might be a Glyphpair, or even a triplet of glyphs (not sure what the word would be for that) with -ium at the end.

really, this is just a thought, but if anyone wants to add or tear down this idea, feel free.(but personally, I'd rather be of Cultivation than of Ruin.:P)

sorry if this seems a bit scattered, but whenever i went back to change something in a sentence, it would highlight letters instead of just having that little black bar, so I couldn't add words without carving holes in the sentence, if someone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, please help.

sorry if this seems a bit scattered, but whenever i went back to change something in a sentence, it would highlight letters instead of just having that little black bar, so I couldn't add words without carving holes in the sentencelike thisone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, please help.

I like this idea quite a lot! And it's not entirely implausible, Shards have been known to influence languages with bits of their names. Example: Aons are named for Aona, vessel of Devotion.

• Pagerunner changed the title to Adonalsium's name?
  • Chaos locked this topic