Danlan????

Bobobagins

SO she was part of The Diagram, presumably (unless Graves was just using local moles spies).

If that is the case, she REALLY messed up with whatever she did to make Adolin split up with her. She would have been in an idea place to keep Kaladin away from Dalinar as per Mr. T's instruction if she was still in the inner circle of Camp Kholin.

I doubt even the Diagram can be that specific. It's possible that it instructed Taravangian to send or buy a mole in the camps, but being insanely brilliant doesn't mean you get to automatically known everybody on first name basis. He likely had some specific instructions for Graves and then had to leave it up to him to figure out how to execute them.

I don't think Danlan is apart of the diagram. Graves mentions that he's working with the patriots of althekar on his own time rather than under direct orders from T and the diagram, which makes me think that the patriots and the followers of the diagram are two separate societies.

Graves and Moash talking at the end made it seem like assassinating the King was completely separate from the Diagram. Graves was only instructed to keep Kaladin away from Dalinar. He just so happened to decide to use the king's assassination as the way to do so.

It brings up an interesting conundrum. The members of the Diagram are free to pursue their own interests when not "called up" for a task. Yet the Diagram is basically an outline of how to bring Mr. T to ultimate power. Why is it then ok for one of the members' side interests to be assassinating the King of a nation. It seems a move that important could have ramifications that affect the Diagram's plans. I expect we'll see more insight into this when Mr. T learns of Graves' actions.

Graves and Moash talking at the end made it seem like assassinating the King was completely separate from the Diagram. Graves was only instructed to keep Kaladin away from Dalinar. He just so happened to decide to use the king's assassination as the way to do so.

It brings up an interesting conundrum. The members of the Diagram are free to pursue their own interests when not "called up" for a task. Yet the Diagram is basically an outline of how to bring Mr. T to ultimate power. Why is it then ok for one of the members' side interests to be assassinating the King of a nation. It seems a move that important could have ramifications that affect the Diagram's plans. I expect we'll see more insight into this when Mr. T learns of Graves' actions.

The ultimate goal of the Diagram is that Taravangian becomes King.  Of Everything.  ( :rolleyes: )  Its hard to do that without Elhokar dead.

Edited by Scott

The ultimate goal of the Diagram is that Taravangian becomes King.  Of Everything.  ( :rolleyes: )  Its hard to do that without Elhokar dead.

Graves's stated patriotic goal is to kill Elhokar so that Dalinar will take his place. Dalinar becoming king of the Alethi seems to run explicitly counter to the Diagram's aims.

Either:

1. He is lying in order to get support for a Diagram-backed plot to kill Elhokar.

2. He is trying to kill Elhokar for the Diagram, and doesn't know about the Diagram's intention to kill Dalinar.

3. He is one of the agents that the Diagram recalls, and is genuinely telling the truth about pursuing his own agenda until he is activated.

Personally, I'm far more inclined to believe that 3 is correct in this particular case given the consistency of Graves's actions, and his close relationship with his various allies.

Graves's stated patriotic goal is to kill Elhokar so that Dalinar will take his place. Dalinar becoming king of the Alethi seems to run explicitly counter to the Diagram's aims.

Either:

1. He is lying in order to get support for a Diagram-backed plot to kill Elhokar.

2. He is trying to kill Elhokar for the Diagram, and doesn't know about the Diagram's intention to kill Dalinar.

3. He is one of the agents that the Diagram recalls, and is genuinely telling the truth about pursuing his own agenda until he is activated.

Personally, I'm far more inclined to believe that 3 is correct in this particular case given the consistency of Graves's actions, and his close relationship with his various allies.

Didn't he say that the diagram said that Dalinar could become an great ally, but if he didn't then he was to kill him?

There are a lot more secret societies than just the Diagram-guys. They could have been a part of the Sons of Honor or even the Ghostboods.
I think we can safely eliminate the possibility of membership at the skybreakers or envisagers.

Edited by HydrogenAlpha

• Chaos locked this topic