Homecoming

Lateralus

Kaladin will have to protect Roshone though, in keeping with the third oath of the Windrunners. After the situation with the King and Moash, I expect he'll do it, but hope he'll turn Roshone over for some sort of prosecution for his past actions.

Kaladin will have to protect Roshone though, in keeping with the third oath of the Windrunners. After the situation with the King and Moash, I expect he'll do it, but hope he'll turn Roshone over for some sort of prosecution for his past actions.

Would protecting Roshone be "the right thing"? Unlike Elhokar Roshone is a rather vile person. Kaladin can´t go vigilante on his chull but I´m pretty sure that he can just throw him in a cell on his own authority to shut him up.

The world is ending. They are having mass Riots in the capital and Voidbringers returning. Throwing someone into a cell is basically a death sentence so don't think he'll do that. Kaladin/Windrunners aren't about Justice or Laws, they protect people.

Well the first two ideals are about protect I bet that the last two are about leadership (Bridge 4 squires are only beginning to appear).

I think that Kal trip to home won't be about kill Roshane he just will secure his folks and leave fast before thing go south to them. After all Sadeas are dead and for sure his princedom will be in chaos like the rest of Alenthekar.

Here's an interesting question: the Shattered Plains are pretty far from Hearthstone, which is in the Northwestern-most tip of Alethkar. What is Kaladin going to do if he runs out of Stormlight?

I can totally imagine him barging into some house, asking people for spheres, sucking out the Stormlight, and shooting off again. Cue the "What in Damnation was that?" looks.

Here's an interesting question: the Shattered Plains are pretty far from Hearthstone, which is in the Northwestern-most tip of Alethkar. What is Kaladin going to do if he runs out of Stormlight? I can totally imagine him barging into some house, asking people for spheres, sucking out the Stormlight, and shooting off again. Cue the "What in Damnation was that?" looks.

Too late, Vin did that already.

I know Radiants don't have an official Alethi nobility ranking, but Kaladin does have a Shardblade (Syl), which makes him an automatic 4th dahn.  I'm pretty sure that's higher than Roshone.  He might actually be able to give Roshone orders.

I wonder if his parents ever found out about Kaladin being made into a slave.  He sent them a message after Tien's death, but I think that was the last contact of any kind between them.

Aw man. Well, something has to happen to Kaladin on the way to Hearthstone...

Well he goma fly without know  exactly he are with a power fueled by stormligt that he he just discovered  and without any mean to meassure how far he can go. For sure everything is gonna be alright =)

My best bet is that she will crash where Hoid and Jasnah are and there he will fall in love with her making every Jasnadin shipper happy.

Hoid will approve this given the fact that he already shipped Kaladin with Shallan just to spit Adolin. Some people just want see the world burn =)

Serious I'm hoping that he take bridge 4 with him he kind let his friend aside in WOR and the Almighty know that he must help his squires to achieve a good level of awesomeness =)

This is the start of the Laral - Kaladin - Shallan - Adolin love diamond.

Kal's gonna come flying in looking like a Boss. And fat limpy Roshone is gonna crap his pants and Laral is going to be very high up on Kaladin's jock. 

But I wonder what sort of reaction Lirin is going to have when he see's his son is a Radiant. 

If I recall correctly, Lirin wasn't fond of the Radiants, his mother was, but papa was not a fan.

I think Roshone will try to imprison Kaladin, and ummm...yeah, Kaladin isn't going to be having any of that.

Roshone trying to imprison Kaladin? I give him two seconds to try, then five seconds to run once Kaladin glows it up. Roshone's gonna have a fun time with Kaladin. As for Laral, I'm curious to see where it will go. I'm much more interested in the reunion with Kaladin's parents, though... It could either be really sweet or really sad or both. In which case my eyes will blow up.

Ooh, Lirin didn't like the Radiants? I didn't remember that. I should have re-read WoK first.

Honestly, I'm afraid Kaladin's going to come home to a very broken house, if his parents are even still there. I could see his mother having passed away and his father having turned into a drunk. The whole issue was already running Lirin haggard. Then both of his sons were taken away. THEN he gets a letter from Kal that Tien is dead, it's Kal's fault, and Kal is never coming home again. Things are not going to be good.

Lirin doesn't really state that he dislikes the Radiants, just that the Heralds weren't evil:

“The Heralds were wise beyond our understanding.”

Kal grimaced. “But they’re demons, father. I heard it off that ardent who came teaching last spring.”

“That’s the Radiants he spoke of,” Lirin said sharply. “You’re mixing them again.”

Kal sighed.

“The Heralds were sent to teach mankind,” Lirin said. “They led us against the Voidbringers after we were cast from heaven. The Radiants were the orders of knights they founded.”

“Who were demons.”

“Who betrayed us,” Lirin said, “once the Heralds left.” Lirin raised a finger. “They were not demons, they were just men who had too much power and not enough sense.

You could easily say the latter description applies to Kaladin...and maybe Lirin will! Note though that Lirin's description is considerably more generous than the way Kaladin puts it, either way.

I suspect that Lirin is going to be somewhat a broken man. I believe there was WoB that both of his parents are still alive (maybe?) so I don't expect either of them are dead. Laral is certainly going to be an issue, though given Shallan, Tarah AND Laral I hesitate to contemplate the sheer messiness that may result.

I do think Jasnah will be with Kaladin for most of the next book. This is more of a meta analysis, though. In particular we're looking at 3 different locations for PoVs already in the next book with Kaladin/Alethka, Shallan/Dalinar/Adolin/Urithiru, and Szeth/Shin. Having a 4th major PoV location is going to tough to juggle from a pacing perspective, but Jasnah in Urithiru with Shallan makes the Ghostblood angle tough to resolve. It's unlikely Szeth is going to travel with Jasnah (but not impossible; that's the most fascinating choice for PoV if it can be done plausibly). This makes Jasnah travelling with Kaladin probably the most likely option, though it's also possible Jasnah just gets short-shrifted again or bounces around a bit.

Both Lirin and Kaladin mother are very suspicious persons.

Thinking about them Lirin hobby are predict highstorm.

We all know that this is a veryyyyy odd thing to do and also difficult.  Kal this looks a hooby but if you look closely this are a very dangerous thing to man aspects because Vorin pecualiarities that frown on people predicting the future and man writing.  

Also Both Liril and Hesina have a mysterious past. Kaladin knows almost nothing about his folks parents. Also Hesina know how to read where Alenthis darkeyes usually don't, and they did enter in contact with her parents even when they almost starving.

To me both are hidding something. Likely that Lirin are a former Stormwarden in the Restares secret society or Hesina are a enviseger.

There are always others secrets indeed =)

Dalinar wants Kaladin to go south to the capital after Hearthstone so maybe Jasna will make her way there and her and Kal will try to sort things out but it seems much more likely that Jasnah will go to Urithiru and have her family reunion.

Kal will certainly clash with Roshone if he still lives. I quite like the idea of Laral having him killed and ruling on her own until Kal comes :wub:  and they both lead Hearthstone to safety(ish). If Kal has to go on a journey thing to find his parents if they aren't in Hearthstone he'll probably find them in Kholinar and Jasnah on the way to limit the POV areas. 

Lirin will most likely be broken to some extent following his sons being taken from him but this would lead to him being a potential radiant  :D

Maybe his parents aren't even together anymore or they might have another child or somesuch.

I already can't wait for Stormlight 3 :D

• Chaos locked this topic