[OB] I made an Alethi card game!

parchmentEngineer

• 1 month later...

wow... just wow...

i literally forgot about this for what? two years? and then i came back and there's a proposal to send this to brandon? insaaane.

shaan, sorry for the delay. The game is just designed to be 5-min duels, and draws are a common thing. However, consider a few things, that might make the game a little more loose than the "expand to the sides" vision. The scout can move every turn, and it can go next to any other card, red or blue. You should use this advantage to go behind enemy lines as much as you can. I see the red ones did something of this on the central part of the game. But i can see that, as an example, if you move the red scout behind the blue squire on the top left, you can capture that card inmediately. Same applies to the soulcaster, but it's a bit more difficult because you will be shortening your game length by using too many cards too quick.

The king is almost impossible to capture if it's well placed, so you should try to capture squires or scouts instead. Aside from that, as i said, beta testing had a lot of draws, and there is nothing left other than shuffling and starting over. I think we were trying to adress this issue at a time, but we didn't get anywhere.

I will second up (is that an expression?) what rashek said, if there's anything to be done with this, i am willing to contribute and take active part in it.

As for credit, i think we should someway contact parchment, he was the original designer. Rashek practically one-man beta tested it, and also had to work with my terrible english at the time (it's not like it improved a lot). Stormlyte actually contacted a game company and made this physical... i still cant' believe it...

if i am to be added to the list, i would gladly post my email, but i'm not sure if i can do that. I would like someone to confirm it to me, please.

Overall, thanks!! thanks to all of you!!

Edited by Graulas

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 5:24 PM, ShaAn the Kandra said:

If Brandon asks, whose contact info do I pass along as the primary designer of the game? There was a lot of collaboration and what not, so I am not sure who to properly credit and have them contact if they care.

Parchment Engineer and Graulas should be credited.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, Graulas said:

wow... just wow...

i literally forgot about this for what? two years? and then i came back and there's a proposal to send this to brandon? insaaane.

shaan, sorry for the delay. The game is just designed to be 5-min duels, and draws are a common thing. However, consider a few things, that might make the game a little more loose than the "expand to the sides" vision. The scout can move every turn, and it can go next to any other card, red or blue. You should use this advantage to go behind enemy lines as much as you can. I see the red ones did something of this on the central part of the game. But i can see that, as an example, if you move the red scout behind the blue squire on the top left, you can capture that card inmediately. Same applies to the soulcaster, but it's a bit more difficult because you will be shortening your game length by using too many cards too quick.

The king is almost impossible to capture if it's well placed, so you should try to capture squires or scouts instead. Aside from that, as i said, beta testing had a lot of draws, and there is nothing left other than shuffling and starting over. I think we were trying to adress this issue at a time, but we didn't get anywhere.

I will second up (is that an expression?) what rashek said, if there's anything to be done with this, i am willing to contribute and take active part in it.

As for credit, i think we should someway contact parchment, he was the original designer. Rashek practically one-man beta tested it, and also had to work with my terrible english at the time (it's not like it improved a lot). Stormlyte actually contacted a game company and made this physical... i still cant' believe it...

if i am to be added to the list, i would gladly post my email, but i'm not sure if i can do that. I would like someone to confirm it to me, please.

Overall, thanks!! thanks to all of you!!

Thanks for the compliment, which I don't at all deserve. You should have the credit with parchment, you did a lot of the work, but I do feel we all did contribute some. I have no idea if it has actually been sent to Brandon, but if I have not had a response by the end of the week, I will do my best to contact him. I have no idea how to contact parchment, but even if we can't, we must still credit him. Your email would be great, as we would be able to contact each other in a much easier and noticeable way. Obviously, PM me that (don't put it out here), and I will send you an email to confirm. From there, we can attempt to bring this to Sanderson. I will send a similar request to the others involved and are active. 

PS. Your English was, and still is, just fine.

Edit: Just saw the new tread by Stormlyte. Seems I don't need to take the intuitive. Would be good to keep in contact though, just in case. That and we still need to find a way to connect to Parchment.

Edited by Rashek of Bridge Four
New information changes plans.

• 2 years later...
On 4/11/2021 at 1:22 PM, Rashek of Bridge Four said:

Hi! I made a new account just to talk to you guys here. 

Im planning on making a proper herdazian laquered set as a gift, and I want your blessings and assistance for this endeavor.  Im going to make another thread to keep track of my progress, and would love input as I go along to make it as accurate and wonderful as possible. 

You all have taken the monumental and amazing task of writing the tules and designing the cards! (Thats absolutely incredible, btw!) So all I have to do is make it a reality physically. 

Would that be okay?

Tip: instead of posting mutulple time in a row, it’s easier toed it your previous posts.

Also this game is awesome. Is there a rule book pdf? I didn’t see one going through here. And because I would also like to professionally print it, where could I do that? 
Thank you to perchment engineer, graulas, and Rashek of bridge four.

On 12/9/2018 at 2:41 PM, Graulas said:

Im very very sorry! i thought that they were synonyms, my bad. English is not my native language, i'm very sorry, i will edit it right now. You are right, i was referring to throwing cards, not drawing them.

I've made this, is a small A5 printed in both sides, just to know how the game goes.

rulebook.pdf

Hope it helps! and sorry again for the misunderstanding.

On 8/4/2023 at 1:33 PM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Tip: instead of posting mutulple time in a row, it’s easier toed it your previous posts.

Also this game is awesome. Is there a rule book pdf? I didn’t see one going through here. And because I would also like to professionally print it, where could I do that? 
Thank you to perchment engineer, graulas, and Rashek of bridge four.

Sorry. I havnt posted in a bbc forum in a hot minute, so im having trouble getting used to it. Graulas posed a pdf of the rules. 

I'm designing the cards to be printed on wood for a universe accurate gift for my husband, but i would be very pleased if someone else used my design to play. 

Im planning to post the pdfs with regular boring non alethi numbers of after im done so if anybody wants them they can have them. I dont know the state of anyone else in this thread or the state of the official card game, if it was ever given official rules or ever passed onto brandon. Ive tried to contact the posters in this thread, but i havnt heard anything back. I would really really like to talk to them.

The thread im using to keep track and to share my progress is just me essentially talking to myself.

Should i post my progress here instead? I don't know. I just draw stuff. 

I just did a redesign again ( these are just sketches. I threw out everything this morning) to make it more cosmere and less "herdazian" 

Card back is stormlight archive emblem with oathbringer because Dalinar is bestest and oathbringer is iconic and fun to draw. 

For the card fronts (this one is squire) i have a calligraphic version of the glyph, and some spears around the (alethi)  numerals because Kaladin deserves a little shout out for all his hard work. 

SmartSelect_20230812_110753_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20230812_110746_Gallery.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hey!! Seems i come back here every couple of years, it’s impressive how far this went. Parchment designed a game literally over a paragraph in oathbringer, and now like 6 years later evie made an amazing job bringing it to life. I’m glad i took part on this project, even if i was then a teenager with too much spare time hahaha

I love the new designs for the cards and the fact that they were printed on wood. It’s really impressive what this community can do 🙌