Crazy Mistborn Era 3 Theory

Toaster Retribution

That... actually makes a lot of sense, Assuming they don’t have so many spikes in them where harmony can completely control them, it feels a lot like shadows of self for a bit though, where Bleeder runs around murdering metalborn for there spikes Before the book.

On 7/16/2017 at 4:42 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

The Scadrians have Marsh, who is an Inquisitor, and basically has the same powerset as a Fullborn (plus Atium). They also have kandra, and maybe some interesting things that Harmony can come up with (if he is still around).

True, but I don’t want to have to see Kelsier and Marsh have to fight each other (well, I kinda do).

On 2017-07-16 at 11:29 AM, Toaster Retribution said:

I dont know if this has been suggested before, and I doubt it will come true, but I will just throw it out there:

Mistborn Era 3 will contain the hunt for a Mistborn serial killer. What if that killer is Kelsier?

We know that Kelsier is somewhat of a psychopath, we know that he will be featured in Era 3, we can assume that he has an agenda, and that his actions wont necessarily be good ones. 

Kelsier always had the potential to become an antagonist/villain. What if he has become one, in Era 3?

Wasn't Wax and Wayne basically hunts for several series killers? Seems like we just had that so we shouldn't have it again. 

Edited by teknopathetic

Kelsier is now interelly composed by Preservation's Investiture. I believe that to him becoming a serial killer is something extremelly unlikely.
Much more if he is one, with the amount of raw power he would dispose, he will not be able to be stopped by anyone. And I am not talking about his potential fullborn status (that I don't believe he is) but simply his Mistborn's powers+ the degree of Savantism he developed with them. He was already a powerful Mistborn for TFE's standard...Now he is a god among the current allomancers.

Of course this assuming he retained his Allomancy post-mortem...This is not sure and indeed Kel could be an Allomancer no more

• 1 month later...

First how would Hoid get Feruchemy and remember even while Kelsier was still on his killing nobleman quest, he saved Elend because of Vin. I don't he would be capable of killing just because and anyway I think the serial killer plot got shifted to Wax and Wayne.

• 10 months later...

Yeah... The whole serial killer in modern day is most likely not going to happen. We do still have confirmation on a Modern day Scadrial but hunting a mistborn serial killer seems to much like Wax hunting down bleeder. (who trade spikes multiple times within the same chase sequence). Unless Branderson puts in another huge twist (such as kelsier being the killer) I doubt that it will happen at all. 

On 2/17/2018 at 8:10 AM, Angsos said:

First how would Hoid get Feruchemy and remember even while Kelsier was still on his killing nobleman quest, he saved Elend because of Vin. I don't he would be capable of killing just because and anyway I think the serial killer plot got shifted to Wax and Wayne.

Brandon has hinted that Hoid has feruchemy.

6 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Brandon has hinted that Hoid has feruchemy.

There are old (paraphrased) WoBs that imply he has Feruchemy, and more recent ones that say that his "Hoidsense" is using the same underlying mechanics as chromium Feruchemy, but isn't exactly that. 

He's nkt a born Feruchemists obviously... But none of that really matters as he has unsealed metalminds. 

Steeldancer

Hoid. Does he have more unkeyed metalminds?

Brandon Sanderson

Hoid has access to lots of different things, so, yes he does.

source

3 hours ago, Calderis said:

he has unsealed metalminds. 

Interesting distinction here, the WoB you have says that Hoid has more unkeyed metalminds, which are very different from unsealed metalminds.

Unkeyed metalminds are metalminds that anyone can access as long as they are a Ferring of that metal. The person doesn’t matter, the power does. An example of this is the gold band Wax finds, and that Wayne can use.

Unsealed metalminds are metalminds that anyone can use, regardless of identity or Investiture. This is, for example, the Coppermind Wax gets at the end of BoM.

So, when Brandon confirms that Hoid has unkeyed metalminds, that’s interesting, because unkeyed metalminds would only be useful if you already were a Ferring of that particular metal. Does this imply Hoid has Feruchemy? Maybe.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

So, when Brandon confirms that Hoid has unkeyed metalminds, that’s interesting, because unkeyed metalminds would only be useful if you already were a Ferring of that particular metal. Does this imply Hoid has Feruchemy? Maybe.

Or steel screwed up his question and Brandon answered what was meant. It's not the only WoB that would confuse the two entirely too similar terms. 

Until we learn how Feruchemy is gained, I'm gonna stand by no, he's not one. 

I could easily see Kel being the "bad guy" for at least part of Era 3 depending on how Era 2 wraps up the whole Trell thing. If they don't manage to purge Trell's followers I could easily see Kelsier coming back from where ever he is to kill them all, which in turn prompts the main veiwpoint character to think he is some kind of mass murderer. I think for this to happen the main veiwpoint character will need to be a Survivorist as Harmony could simply tell a Pathian that Kelsier is the good guy.

As a side note, I feel pretty strongly that Kelsier has a certain lonely Shard in his future, his ideals match it's Intent very well. I feel like the story behind the story in the Cosmere is getting rid of the problematic vessels for Shards like Odium and Autonomy and Kel works very well for the latter.

• Chaos locked this topic