Gaz was murdered... but by whom.

ddleg

Interesting theory and I upvoted because I too think Shen is in dullform. However, I'm wondering if a spen of some kind killed Gaz. He seemed worried about something like that happening in his POV.

I wonder if we will find out who did it in WoR.

You misspelled "by" in the topic title.  ;)

Interesting idea. I don't believe I've heard it before. I'm still not sold on the Shen-spy theory, but it's defiantly possible. The real question is why he would kill Gaz? And why doesn't anyone just say that he is dead?

Teft said that he would have Gaz beans, well it's is very hard have the beans of other person without killing the said person first =)

My second guess is that Gaz used the some surge and ended in a very bad situation. Before anyone begin, He had a broke soul, he spoted "shadows" moving in his blind side, and some sprens aren't so discerning like honor spren =)

Edited by Natans

I always assumed the situation went like this: Gaz rejoices when Lamaril is offed, because no more debts! Apparently the Rosharan IRS is even worse than here. He is especially respectful to Lamaril's replacement in the hope that they'll overlook that debt. After all, when the guy you're paying cash to is dead, all is forgiven, right? No. Brightness Hashal strips him of rank and forces him into a bridgecrew. They make him run deathpoint, end of story.

Of course, this theory is rather dull and uninspired. Something mysterious has to have happened! 

BTW, I was at that Italian restaurant, and I saw Blushweaver and Lightsong. They were getting along swimmingly.

I love that Italian place! Their Horneater soup totally rocks. Unfortunately, I didn't see anyone important at the restaurant that night. When I saw all the chulls in the parking lot, I figured it must be crowded, so I ordered mine to go.

Strangely, when I got back to the barracks and opened the bag I discovered someone had eaten my dinner! Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks their food is awesome.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Lorna

Wasn't there another topic about this?

I still believe, he's in the bridge crews, a little bit of karmic remedy, he's now one of the people he treated so bad, and considered worthless.

I think Kaladin or Teft would have noticed him by now. One the other hand, maybe he was in the bridge crews and left before anyone noticed him.

• 2 weeks later...

WoK chapter: Darkness Unseen:

Quote " Gaz continued to watch over Kaladin's crew. And still that darkness waited for him. Like an itch that couldn't be scratched. Like a scream that couldn't be silenced. A tingling numbness that he could never be rid of. It would probably follow him even to death." /Quote

Maybe it's nothing. But having the chapter named Darkness Unseen makes me curious if something is happening there with Gaz.

WoK chapter: Darkness Unseen:

Quote " Gaz continued to watch over Kaladin's crew. And still that darkness waited for him. Like an itch that couldn't be scratched. Like a scream that couldn't be silenced. A tingling numbness that he could never be rid of. It would probably follow him even to death." /Quote

Maybe it's nothing. But having the chapter named Darkness Unseen makes me curious if something is happening there with Gaz.

I think don_karma_II is right. The wording of that quote made me immediately think of Darkness. The other side of that would be why wouldn't Darkness have stayed to take care of Kaladin?  Maybe he wasn't bonded enough will Sly yet?