OK, since I've just given up all pretence of actually doing something productive tonight, I've decided to compose a list of this rounds participants.

Aether had always been slightly... off. He would, from time to time, manically throw himself at some passing interest, methodically and meticulously collecting every single piece of information about the subject. Recently, he had taken upon himself the rather maddening prospect of counting and collecting information about every inhabitant of Urteau!

It had taken time, but the work was finally done. Lists, lists, LISTS, Aether screamed silently to himself as he nailed up copies of the completed list all over the town square:

"By the will of the Survior, I, Aether, have composed a list of the inhabitants of Urteau. Read it and feel comforted by knowing who Thy neighbour is:

• Gamma Fiend is Gamon, local game-maker and a notorious Casanova.
  • bartbug is Barty Spiked, who is absolutely not spiked, but quite possibly a madman.
  • Windrunner is... Windrunner?
  • WeiryWriter is Weiry, a lookout.
  • Awesomeness summoned is Wes, a pick-pocket. By the way, his post sounded hilariously but unintentionally dirty!
  • 213 is Digits, the (I presume) local doctor.
  • Swimmingly is Shimble Leice, a lesser and rather quirky nobleman.
  • PorridgeBrick is Ridge, an expert climber and a wannabe Cassanova.
  • Alvron is Names Vron, a Shady alchemist.
  • Serendipity is Seran, assassin.
  • Kurkistan is Kukri, a Jaist.
  • Myself as Aether, adept of the Church of the Survivor.
  • loganmathewjohnson as Mathieu, a lesser noble with an Eastern slang.
  • AonarFaileas is Aonar, an ex hazekiller.
  • princess is Cessie, noblewoman.
  • Herowannabe is Herwynbe, former Terris Steward, and somewhat full of himself. (kidding!)
  • dyring is Dyring the innkeeper. Somewhat full of himself.
  • Edgedancer is Eddy. A drunk.
  • lord Claincy Ffnor is Fnord, a self-proclaimed expert on stealth. Speaks words few people can hear.
  • Quiver is Lord Ollivier, Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy.
  • Mailliw73 is Maxill, wannabe spy and a Survivorist.
  • Robot Aztec is Roban, the bartender.
  • little wilson is Wilson.
  • Shivertongue is Shiv, a scary guy with an Eastern slang.
  • Alaxel is Alax, an ex Survivorist.
  • jasonpenguin is Peng, an orhpan.
  • Leonardus is Lam, the Sweeper of Streets.
  • Grayv is Grave, a former twixt and and a Jaist."
Finally finished, he took a few steps back to quietly admire his work. Maybe I should make a list of my lists, too?
And so are the seeds of madness sown.

Untrustworthy seeds, that led to us losing last time.

Bad seeds.

Edited by Quiver

And so are the seeds of madness sown.

Untrustworthy seeds, that led to us losing last time.

Bad seeds.

Wait. Losing? What are you talking about?

If he were to list his lists, he would need more lists to list the lists of lists he had, and more to list the lists of lists of lists, and yet more ad infinitum. A dangerous path to tread.

I shall have to do my best to keep the madness in check!

If he were to list his lists, he would need more lists to list the lists of lists he had, and more to list the lists of lists of lists, and yet more ad infinitum. A dangerous path to tread.

Does a list of all lists contain itself? *brain melts*

I think that outliving your usefulness is a loss even when you win...

If you take a look at the Spiked doc, you'll see that I volunteered as a sacrifice from the very beginning. Circumstances made this unnecessary up until the very end. I wouldn't call it "outliving [my] usefulness" when it was the plan all along.

I'd like to join, if it's not too late.

I'll be Lucy. I'm so quiet most people don't notice me. I watch from the shadows, waiting for betrayal. I'm sure there must be someone hiding among us. The last crew I was in was good, until the wrath of the Inquisitors was brought upon us. It ended with my sister dead on a spike, which I still blame myself for. Now I am weary of any traitors in our midst, and I hate those Inquisitors with a passion. My sister was all the family I had left.

Edit: spelling

Edited by luckat

How embarrassing! Aether had missed one! By the Survivor, how could my count have been wrong? Tearing down all of his sheets of paper from the town square, he frantically replaced them with new and updated ones. Only a few minutes afterwards did he realise that there would have been enough room to just add the latest name to the bottom of the lists...

My original count has been updated to include our latest participant. Also, up-vote for luckat for joining our game in her (?) first ever forum post!

Edited by Aether

It seems I've traded one convoluted organization of corrupt individuals for another, Seran thought with displeasure as he examined the list. Taking out a pen, he furtively scrawled over the entry next to his name so that it now read: "Seran, former assassin". 

More people, more chaos, MORE FUN! In any case I am really curious to how this will play out, as we seem to be getting quite a few members. I think it would be hilarious if the inquisitor got killed early on, but then again we can trust meta to choose a suitable devious inquisitor from our numbers.

Let the carnage begin soon  :D

OK, since I've just given up all pretence of actually doing something productive tonight, I've decided to compose a list of this rounds participants.

Aether had always been slightly... off. He would, from time to time, manically throw himself at some passing interest, methodically and meticulously collecting every single piece of information about the subject. Recently, he had taken upon himself the rather maddening prospect of counting and collecting information about every inhabitant of Urteau!

It had taken time, but the work was finally done. Lists, lists, LISTS, Aether screamed silently to himself as he nailed up copies of the completed list all over the town square:

"By the will of the Survior, I, Aether, have composed a list of the inhabitants of Urteau. Read it and feel comforted by knowing who Thy neighbour is:

<snipped to get to the important part>

<snipped for lack of importance>

Shiv snatches the list and skims it, attempting to make sense of the strange squiggles of this silly person. He looks up after a moment, cocking one eyebrow. "Ising was Shiv notting the being of frighten?" He frowns for a moment, then shrugs. He grins, his teeth a gleaming white, his canines oddly prominent. "Withing on without the wishing, working the with. Nevering has wasing versing left of right."

Plucking the pen from Aether's ear, he adds a small alteration next to his name. Still grinning, he hands the paper back to Aether. "Moring the like of the facting to. Withing morn to the odding of." Tipping a nonexistant cap, Shiv saunters off, twirling Aether's pen in his fingers once out of sight.

• • Shivertongue is Shiv, a cheerfully scary guy with an Eastern slang and a tendency toward kleptomania.

- "Me, a scary guy? That was not the intention..."

- "T'wasn't quite what I was going for, but I suppose I can make it work. I am nothing if not adaptable."

- "That's a bit more accurate. You are a silly man. Good day!"

Fnord stood studying the list in the safehouse as people passed by, never giving him a second glance.

So many names! How can we possibly trust everyone in a crew this size?

He noted with resignation that his own name had already been concealed by a chance splash of rum.

For interests sake Fnord is based a bit on how I used to be, although I have exaggerated it a bit for him. For some reason people had a very difficult time seeing me even when they knew I was there somewhere.

Yeah, this Modeft might be in over his head with a crew this size. :P

I am so excited for this game to get started! I keep waiting/hoping for the PM at the top of the page to tell me my role and let me know the game is officially on!

Gamon sat alone at a table, positioned strategically in the common room so everybody walking in could get a clear glance at him.
Sure are a lot of new faces around here. Gamon thought, only slightly worried. He had been through the same thing before, the apprehension and wariness of new people in thieving crews, it was always a risky thing. You couldn't exactly trust somebody you haven't personally run multiple scams with.

Not that Gamon was worried or anything. He was still, by far, the best looking thief in the crew. And really, what was more important than that?

I'm quite certain, sirs and madames, that I have run multiple scams....involving...nearly everyone here. I gots lots of brothers running round, by the way, if you happen to notice a certain resemblance between me and any anonymous fellows who may have cheated you out of some number of boxings, of course. Those scummy, thieving brothers of mine!

"Right. Need to order more booze if we´re gonna ahve that many here. Bet none of those dimwits though o that. They just drink and don´t consider the important things.

Specially not the daft bartender I hired. He thinks the stuff just magically appears it seems like. Atleast he´s stayed away from selling teh good stuff cheap lately. I hope. And if he goes into my celebratory stack again Ill forcefeed him a broken bottle."

A man tugged his cloak closer around him. His eyes darted beneath his hood, and his hands fidgeted restlessly with the bag at his side.

It wasn't a bag of coins- he wasn't going to bring that into a skaa bar. But it contained instructions for the provision of money, orders signed and sealed with the mark of the Canton of Orthodoxy. His signature wasn't on it, but the papers had been authorised by Lord Ollivier.

The man in the bar was not Lord Ollivier. Lord Ollivier rarely ventured out of the canton these days. This mission had been given to an underling.

Because Lord Ollivier couldn't be expected to do this, he thought bitterly. No. That might be dangerous. Or people might get the wrong idea.

He fidgeted again. He was tempted to get a drink, march to the bar and show his tattoos and demand one if he had too... But he was probably going to need to be clear-witted if he wanted to ever leave this bar again.

Lord Ruler. It's going to be a long night.

Playing by Proxy; I don't have a role yet, but the Obligatory tattoos tell you what misting they are, so I figure Lord Ollivier needs to be offstage for a while.

Edited by Quiver

"Quite a few people moving around,going places,it looks like I will have to keep the streets clean for all this traffic. I will have to put in some extra effort with all this ash that keeps on falling and falling.

*Sigh* Why did I resort to cleaning the streets when we live so close to an ash mount."