Words of Radiance in the New Year (Resolutions and Wishes)

The Rooster

Hello all and Happy New Years Eve! Since this is the last day in a year where we cruelly won't be able to read WoR I started this thread to look to the future. Here's the deal. Below you must post one wish and one resolution regarding the release, content, or way in which you will enjoy WoR in the New year. Enjoy!

Wish: It is my sincere wish that Kaladin, Jasnah , and Dalinar can get together and have an honest conversation about what's going on in the world. I really hope this series doesn't perpetuate itself and drive the story based on WOT style secrets and lack of communication. I don't think Kaladin will ever feel warm and fuzzy to lighteyes but at least give up the info buddy!

Resolution : I resolve to actually sleep at night in the days it will take me to read the book. I have a little baby and a job and I need to take it easy and take my time. Rushing thru will only lead to me skimming over important things and also being a zombie at work. It's more important to stay healthy than get to the end. I mean Journey before Destination, right?

Alright kicking it out to you all. What do you wish of WoR and yourself in 2014?

My 3 Wishes:

1. None of the major characters die in WOR. I can handle character death, especially if it enhances the narrative. Still, I want to have the story continue with these awesome characters through more than two books. And yes I know that dead characters can be revisited in flashbacks in later books. Still it will not be the same. Is it too much to ask that Kaladin, Shallan, Dalinar, and Szeth live past two books in a ten book series?

2. Kaladin becomes secure enough to trust again. He was on the way in TWoK, but some info that has been released about is character in WOR suggests that he still has a long way to go. I'm hoping he develops a friendship with Dalinar, despite Dalinar being a lighteyes and a friend of Amaram's. Kaladin also has never opened up to anyone about what happened. I'm hoping, if he doesn't open up to Dalinar, that he will at lease open up to Teft ot Rock. I suppose he does have Syl, but it would be nice if he could open up to a human.

3. That Eshonai and Dalinar sue for peace by the end of WOR. We need to get this war over with and start preparing for the Everstorm and Voidbringers.

My Resolution: Find time to write my own stories more. My son will be turning one this coming January, so finding time to write was hard this year.

Happy New Year!

Edited by eveorjoy

Sleeping when WoR comes out? Ain't nobody got time fo that!

Happy new year to all you people! I hope it's better than the one that has passed ;)

Wish: 

• That Dalinar finds out about all the injustice done to Kalladin(just to see his reaction)
  • The meeting between Kalladin and the other major characters ( mainly the first impressions, and then those impressions being shattered when kalladin does something awesome!)

Resolutions:

• Try to savour the book and not read it too fast, altough I'll probably fail and wont mind :)
Edited by Crisapx

I know you said 1 wish, but I can't help it

Wishes:

-If there is romance, I hope it's subtle.

-Amaram's true colors are revealed and an epic shardbearer vs windrunner duel with Kaladin takes place.

-Szeths oathstone coming into the hands of a good guy. Szeth giving some pointers to Kaladin on his powers.

-More info on the Radiants and their powers, Hierarchy.

Resolution:

I finished the last book too fast. I'm going to take this one slower.

Edited by Endymion

Like every other Epic Fantasy series I've ever poured myself into, I'll have read WoR 4 times by May or June.... that's just how I roll..

On to my wish..

I sincerely hope that Kaladin does NOT find a love interest in WoR. Its just too soon for someone in his position. He is still learning who he has become, or rather who he is Becoming, settling who he was, not to mention recovering emotionally for what he has been through. A romance in any form right now (especially a typical sci-fi/fantasy romance) would just hinder him.

Mr Sanderson has done a fantastic job of avoiding Cliches, I hope he doesn't fall on this one......

Like every other Epic Fantasy series I've ever poured myself into, I'll have read WoR 4 times by May or June.... that's just how I roll..

On to my wish..

I sincerely hope that Kaladin does NOT find a love interest in WoR. Its just too soon for someone in his position. He is still learning who he has become, or rather who he is Becoming, settling who he was, not to mention recovering emotionally for what he has been through. A romance in any form right now (especially a typical sci-fi/fantasy romance) would just hinder him.

Mr Sanderson has done a fantastic job of avoiding Cliches, I hope he doesn't fall on this one......

I agree but we could get a little seed but not too obvious for it to develop later just for those who can't wait for it :P

Here goes.

My resolution: I will try to take occasional breaks. I gave myself a massive headache reading TWoK the first time. Yeah, ten straight hours is pretty hard on the eyes.

My wish: I've got two.

1.) I don't want Dalinar to die, yet.

2.) I really want to see Kaladin take Amaram down a notch. 

I generally forgo New Year's Resolutions, but this one seems all right.

My numerous wishes:

1. The WoR release date gets pushed up (yeah right).

2. Kaladin faces Szeth in an epic duel... As for the outcome, I'm willing to be surprised. 

3. Shallan learns more about those mystifying Cryptics and becomes an epic Soulcaster.

4. We learn more about Darkness.

As for the resolution, I solemnly resolve to receive a copy at some time and not obsess over it. School will probably be bonkers at that time, and I need to focus more on the schoolwork and projects. Then I will binge on weekends! :)

I have already changed my resolution. Well, more like altered to make it easier. I've started live blogging my books as I read. Sometimes I just tear thru books without digesting them especially on the first reading when I just want to know what happens next. With this I'll be forcing myself to stop and digest and think about how I feel about what's going on in the books I'm reading. I'm doing Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence right now, it's really fun. I think I might squeeze in one more book I've never read after that then my 100th reread of wok followed by the main event, Words of Radiance! I'm legitimately stoked to be recording my reactions while I read my most anticipated book of the year! I don't imagine anyone will read my posts but I'll have them for posterity.

FantasyLiveBlog.tumblr.com

• Chaos locked this topic