Seattle signing report out 10/14/13

karaokeang

Oh, you... I go to two signings, report over 30 (40?) questions and then you come along and steal my thunder! And the worst part? I am excited about it! :P

I very much doubt that I stole your thunder!  I didn't get to any of the other questions you guys had.  I can't wait to hear from everyone else who was at the signing.

Shardlet was sitting by Brandon recording everything so I bet we get tons of juicy details.

Forgive the mild vulgarity, but hot damnation! Very very well done, karaok. Have another Rep on the house.  :lol:

EDIT: Just to confirm: Everything on the chart right now (besides possibly spelling) is 100% confirmed?

Edited by Kurkistan

Yes he confirmed everything but the spelling of else/elscallers. At first he got a little cagey about giving out any other information but then everyone started gathering around and listening so then he threw us a bone.  Shardlet has the whole conversation recorded so we can review the conversation.

Edited by karaokeang

Oh, this is exciting stuff! Of course Jasnah would be Transformation & Transportation - I would say that I called it, but I was only entertaining the thought (because of the "lightning scene" - Soulcasting at a distance). The Dustbringers will be an interesting one to think about, I need to reason it through at not-one-PM. 

Kalak's order will also be interesting. Surface Tension and Transportation - I wonder if that gives them teleportation. Probably.

Palah is also a curious one, though I can't even begin to fathom what you would do with Growth and Light. Lightweavers weave the light, the appearance, the form of something to transform it into something else (though I fail to see how that differentiates from them from the Elsecallers). So, Palah's order manipulates the light, the shape of... living things? Could physical transformation be possible under Surgebinding? Her essence is pulp, after all...

What else... Stonewards have Surface Tension. That should give them the wards aspect. So the other surge should be related to stone, earth, stability, weight, something like that. Strength? Really (physically) powerful warriors who augment their physical attributes with Surgebinding?

EDIT #1: Heh. If the Stonewards' second surge turns out to be something like "weight," I am calling Ishar's Gravity + Weight order the Fatties :P

EDIT #2: Stormfather, Ishar's essence is flesh!

Edited by Argent

@Kurkistan, right, I was poking holes in my own ship. 

@Aztec, that's a good call - especially considering that Jasnah doesn't exactly call anything; her Soulcasting-at-a-distance is more of a sending than calling. Although Elsescholars doesn't really roll off the tongue... But it also makes sense, because the only pseudo-member we know of is not exactly interested in mainstream scholarship.

Awesome job karaokeang. So we only have one Surge and three Orders left. By the way, did Brandon confirm Light and Growth are the correct name for Surges?

He did not correct those but he took the time to correct heat and was nodding as I was reading. He also corrected Travel to Transportation so I am almost absolutely positive those are correct.

Edited by karaokeang