Words used in different books

Rending is a glyph in the Rithmatist. Rending is a thing in Steelheart. (It's what a new epic's transformation is called).

Shash is a slave brand meaning dangerous in Stormlight. Shash is a letter in Warbreaker.

Post more overused words below!

Edited by WayneSlider123

I think there was something about some of the Cosmere cultures sharing linguistic roots across worlds, so that part is more-or-less justified.

As for the Rending... Reckoner-Rithmatist crossoververse with Lines that make evil Epic chalklings?  :ph34r:

Edited by Colours

Rending is probably just a coincidence, as Reckoners and the Rithmatist are different universes.

Shash, however, might not be. I think we have a WoB that the influence from the shards mean that nearly all of the languages in the Cosmere were in some way influenced by the original Yolish language. I'll try and find it later.

• 2 months later...

So during Talns POV in the interludes of WoR, he ends it by saying "How long has it been.", like 20 times in a row(now every time i read that phrase, Michael Kramers voice pops into my head). Now as I reread Brandon's books, I notice he does usethat phrase.. A LOT! I swear that phrase is used by every single POV character at some point, most of them mulitiple times.

• Chaos locked this topic