What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

I just got done reading Sleeping Beauties.  Now I dont know what to read for the rest of May and for during June. 

I have a choice of these to read for the rest of May and June

Mistborn Trilogy

Interview with the Vampire

Wheel of Time Eye of the World

The Silmarillion

I'm at about page 300 in The Way of Kings. I like Dalinar a lot; I kind of wish he was king instead of Elhokar. I'm pretty sure Kaladin used Stormlight to survive the bridge run he just went on, and that's why his spheres are duller than they were before. It seems to be wind manipulation of some sort, so maybe that's why Syl is following him around?

just finished the Genesis fleet, the series started out so strong but but book three felt very rushed, like the author wanted to originally do a four book series but decided to wrap things up after he was almost finished writing book three as a result we never get to see any of the final battle despite all the build up, the villains pretty much defeat themselves by overstretching their resources. also the characters felt very generic, it was almost like I was reading the cast of the main series rather than their ancestors.

Finishing up reading the last 30 pages of Star Wars New Hope before moving on re-reading Star Wars Battlefront II Inferno Squad.  two books im planning on reading for June are the 2017 edition of Uncle John Bathroom Reader and either Wheel of Time Eye of the World or at least Mistborn book 1

I am currently about halfway through rereading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Basically someone took the original Pride and Prejudice and changed about 10-20% of the book to make it about a zombie apocalypse and ninjas, it’s awesome).  

Nearly finished with The Last Wish, a collection of short stories introducing the Witcher.  I've had it partially started for ages, and felt like knocking something out real quick while working on Words of Radiance.  I'll have finished the whole thing in about two days.  It's nice to knock out some smaller books while working on a bigger one.  

Passing along quite nicely with Era 2 as I've finished Shadows of Self, onto Bands of Mourning then quickly into Secret History. Then it's finally time to start the Stormlight Archive re-read! I'm wanting to move along nicely because I'll be doing Wheel of Time after these!

Finished The Last Wish.  Loved it!  While out today, I bought Sword of Destiny and Time of Contempt.  Already had Blood of Elves.  I'll get to them soon.  Went back to Mistborn and I'm already hooked back into that.  I'll finish Mistborn and then jump back into Words of Radiance.  

@Wander89 It may not be what you are looking for but the Jules De Grandin short story collections by Seabury Quinn (There are five of them that can be read in any order). They are basically like Sherlock Holmes detective and Watson partner like stories with a supernatural twist Wearwolves, Zombies etc. Or many of them look like its something supernatural but it turns out to be evil men. They are kind of expensive...I have been collecting them from the beginning when there is a three day only sale a few months after publication where they are only $1.99 for a digital copy; who knows it might pop up again. Anyways I think they are fun. They were written in the 1930's and were published in the same magazine as Conan (Robert E Howard), Lovecraft, Clark Smith. The language is very readable and does not feel dated. Although there have been some obvious societal values and norms that have changed since thesr stories have come out.

Edited by Ammanas

I've passed the halfway point in TWOK.

Spoiler

Kaladin just survived a highstorm! And Szeth has been contracted to kill off some very notable figures.  Things are getting very exciting. Since "several highprinces" were mentioned among Szeth's targets, I wonder if we're going to see him facing off against Dalinar and Adolin. I wouldn't mind him offing Sadeas, honestly...

Not necessarily an update on me (I'm still reading Mistborn, nearly finished!) but something I'm happy with.  I got my mom to start Way of Kings while she was up to visit for Memorial Day, and she's almost done!  She'll finish it tonight, so we went out and got her Words of Radiance today!  Very excited to have gotten her into it!

On my re-read, I've just finished Bands of Mourning. Although it's a direct continuation of Era 1, Era 2 is such an outstanding feat of keeping the same magic and lore yet further advancing the mechanics of the metals and the world.

I should have clicked earlier, it would have made much more sense when it dropped that

Spoiler

Kelsier is the Sovereign

when it was revealed that the quote Wax heard at the end of the Epilogue was

Spoiler

"Survive"

We knew that Brandon had other plans for that character but he's becoming a deity himself.

Edited by Wander89

Finished Mistborn: The Final Empire a little bit ago!  Absolutely fantastic.  I really fell in love with these characters.  I do think the last... fifty or so pages felt a bit too rushed.  Those events could easily have spanned another 100-150 pages and I think it might have improved that act of the story.  Even so, it was still really damnation good, and I'm really looking forward to Well of Ascension, and Hero of Ages!  Going to jump back into WoR before I start those though.

5 minutes ago, NottTheBrave said:

Finished Mistborn: The Final Empire a little bit ago!  Absolutely fantastic.  I really fell in love with these characters.  I do think the last... fifty or so pages felt a bit too rushed.  Those events could easily have spanned another 100-150 pages and I think it might have improved that act of the story.  Even so, it was still really damnation good, and I'm really looking forward to Well of Ascension, and Hero of Ages!  Going to jump back into WoR before I start those though.

That's the Sanderlanche! He likes to dump a LOT of information into the end and that's where most of the question's come from. I'm attempting to finish Mistborn before I move not Stormlight and Warbreaker now. I've read White Sand, Elantris and any accompanying stories. After finishing Secret History all I will have left is Warbreaker, Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, Edgedancer and Oathbringer. And what ever Arcanum stories I missed.

10 hours ago, Wander89 said:

That's the Sanderlanche! He likes to dump a LOT of information into the end and that's where most of the question's come from. I'm attempting to finish Mistborn before I move not Stormlight and Warbreaker now. I've read White Sand, Elantris and any accompanying stories. After finishing Secret History all I will have left is Warbreaker, Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, Edgedancer and Oathbringer. And what ever Arcanum stories I missed.

Nice!  The only two Sanderson works ive finished are Way of King, and Final Empire.  I’ve still got a long way to go!

25 minutes ago, NottTheBrave said:

Nice!  The only two Sanderson works ive finished are Way of King, and Final Empire.  I’ve still got a long way to go!

You'll get there eventually. I wish I was reading them for the first time am again!