Which signing will you be at?

BlairJ

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it....but.....FINALLY somewhere other than there. :P

You might hate to say it, but I'm really disappointed that there's not going to be a midnight release. :/ there's a signing day of, but it's just not the same. I wonder why they've decided to not have one.

• 1 month later...

If this date http://www.hicklebees.com/event/brandon-sanderson-may-21 isn't moved off-site (as is indicated in the http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/03/brandon-sanderson-rithmatist-tour), I'll be there even though I currently have absolutely no idea just where 1378 Lincoln Ave. San Jose, CA actually is.

Goes to Google Maps ...

Ooh!  I could work-out at the gym  after my job ... and drive slightly south to the signing!  Now, I'm planning on it!

You might hate to say it, but I'm really disappointed that there's not going to be a midnight release. :/ there's a signing day of, but it's just not the same. I wonder why they've decided to not have one.

I am going to take back my "hate to say it" part.  Glad to say it.  Glad to see the opening release is in a real city.  :P

If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with the fact that Sanderson is not as established a YA author as he is an adult, epic fantasy author. 

The NYC release signing site, Books of Wonder, might be some sort of an institution in YA/Middlegrade market (at least their website makes them look like it). According to their blog, they host a good number of industry events. Since Sanderson just bought the rights back on Alcatraz, he's going to have a lot more books in print in YA/Middlegrade market soon than he has in the last five years or so. 

Edit:

I accidentally deleted my last paragraph where I tied everything together to say that IF it's an important bookstore in NYC as far as YA/Middlegrade goes an IF it also doesn't do midnight releases (and what with kids and stuff I'd guess that's the case) then that's probably why there is no midnight release. 

Just pretend I tied that together really well. 

Edited by Yados

Holy crap, I just realized I might actually be able to go to one of these. The first time I saw this list, I was like, "Dang it. Not happening." But now my plans have changed and I hope to be living in Provo by June 1st. And if everything works out as I hope, I can totally make it to the June 3rd signing. Which would be awesome!

I was really thinking about going to the one in New Orleans today, but the recent rash of murders down there disuaded me from that voyage.  It is a shame that lots of residents of La refuse to go down there without carrying a gun with them.  Still, if it had been a major release instead of the YA interstitial, it probably would have been a different story.

Edited by Aethling