Did Wayne Steal A Ryshadium?

Bort

Pretty early on in Alloy of Law, Wax has some thought about Wayne claiming to have once 'traded' for a horse which belched in perfect musical notes.

Of course, Wayne also claimed to have once stolen a horse that belched in perfect musical notes, so one learned to take what he said with a pinch of copper.

Does this mean he stole a horse who had attained the 5th heightening?

Could it be Ryshadium? There is something very different about those horses. Are they Returned?

Ummmm. I sincerely doubt it. I think Wayne was probably lying, as it says in the quote. At best, it could have been a Kandra goofing off.

Ryshadium are not returned as that is a thing of Endowment who isn't on Roshar.

Ummmm. I sincerely doubt it. I think Wayne was probably lying, as it says in the quote. At best, it could have been a Kandra goofing off.

Ryshadium are not returned as that is a thing of Endowment who isn't on Roshar.

I also considered that it could be a kandra practical joke, but I think it is interesting when in Warbreaker we have Breaths which, when accumulated enough, give perfect pitch, and here we have a horse which, supposedly, belches in perfect pitch.

I'll admit, it may well be a story made up by Wayne, but is it not also possible that the horse is a Worldhopper? Perhaps it is Hoid's horse? He is in Alloy of Law, so maybe he had a horse he picked up and invested some Breath into.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The actual answer was that there may have possibly, potentially, maybe been something going on, but it is much more likely that Wayne was pulling your leg. I spoke to him further when I was getting books signed.

Which of course means that Ryshadiums (Anyone know the plural of that?) are Invested. Good to know.

The Latin plural would be Ryshadia. (Stadium -> Stadia, as a neutral second declension noun) No idea if Brandon would follow Latin conjugation for Alethi terms. Edited by midnightyell

• Chaos locked this topic