... You know what this is

Mystic Syn

59 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

3. Most embarrassing thing I've ever done? Hmm... Liking anything that was written by Rick Riordan that wasn't Percy Jackson or The Kane Chronicles.

*Gasp* 

Nah I have strange opinions about what's actually Literature too. :P

Edited by Morningtide

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

What's your favorite piece of art?

Favorite time of day?

What's something that you find interesting to think about?

1. I don’t have a specific favorite piece of art; I just have a list of favorites. One of my favorites right now is “Seeking the One” by Liz Lemon Swindle.

2. Night has been my favorite, because no one is up and it’s very quiet.. it also can be my least favorite because no one is up.

3. This is real life and not just fantasy. We are all living it, experiencing our own emotions. Out of all the people that I will meet, I will never understand everyone’s emotions and what they go through.

9 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

1. I don’t have a specific favorite piece of art; I just have a list of favorites. One of my favorites right now is “Seeking the One” by Liz Lemon Swindle.

2. Night has been my favorite, because no one is up and it’s very quiet.. it also can be my least favorite because no one is up.

3. This is real life and not just fantasy. We are all living it, experiencing our own emotions. Out of all the people that I will meet, I will never understand everyone’s emotions and what they go through.

Wow, that's beautiful and expressive!

Me too! For me, there's this time as the night starts when I feel the creativity rising and I feel emotionally/imaginatively charged. That's the time when I record my piano improvs. Do you experience this too?

That is intriguing. I think it's interesting that though we say "I understand", we pretty much will never understand exactly what's going on. But we definitely become better through trying, and trying to understand another human being sometimes might help us understand ourselves better! ^_^

On 7/6/2022 at 6:36 AM, Shining Silhouette said:

Me too! For me, there's this time as the night starts when I feel the creativity rising and I feel emotionally/imaginatively charged. That's the time when I record my piano improvs. Do you experience this too?

Yeahhhhh. There will be some times where I find it hard to sleep, because my brain will be going in every direction at once, trying to be creative; an example of this would be last night when I didn’t get to sleep till maybe 3am or later, because my creative urges were strong, but I really didn’t want to mess up my already screwed up sleep schedule anymore than it is right now.

If I could, I would also play the piano, but alas: There are other people trying to sleep in my house, not to mention that there are other people trying to sleep in my neighborhood and I just don’t want to risk it.

14 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Yeahhhhh. There will be some times where I find it hard to sleep, because my brain will be going in every direction at once, trying to be creative; an example of this would be last night when I didn’t get to sleep till maybe 3am or later, because my creative urges were strong, but I really didn’t want to mess up my already screwed up sleep schedule anymore than it is right now.

If I could, I would also play the piano, but alas: There are other people trying to sleep in my house, not to mention that there are other people trying to sleep in my neighborhood and I just don’t want to risk it.

The creative urges can be really intense! For me, it's also emotional, sometimes I need to go over to the piano and vent out all the stuff life's thrown at me recently. It's my way of de-stressing and processing my emotions. I wonder if you feel that way for art sometimes?

:ph34r: My (somewhat) large family dislikes it... when I play at night, I usually opt for quiet and melancholy petering on the keys... if I start to play quietly when people are already pretty much asleep I don't get in trouble :ph34r: 

23 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

The creative urges can be really intense! For me, it's also emotional, sometimes I need to go over to the piano and vent out all the stuff life's thrown at me recently. It's my way of de-stressing and processing my emotions. I wonder if you feel that way for art sometimes?

:ph34r: My (somewhat) large family dislikes it... when I play at night, I usually opt for quiet and melancholy petering on the keys... if I start to play quietly when people are already pretty much asleep I don't get in trouble :ph34r: 

Yeah, basically the same, except that if I’m feelings the feels, I write them out; whether that be in a narrative or just in my journal depends on how I’m feeling. I will say that some of the narratives I’ve written were times where I was feeling the feels and placing those feelings into my characters and basically make that a part of who they are, and saying that aloud makes me realize how much writing is basically my therapy.

I mean, I haven’t written like that in a while I say as I’m going to be actually starting a project I’ve been meaning to write here soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 7:02 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Do you have hope for the future?

Generally speaking, yeah.

If we allow ourselves to wallow in self-pity or being in the pits of the pits, that’s where we’re going to stay for the next however long; however, it is never too late to look up and forward to the future. Little steps to achieving that brighter future are everything; you may make a huge step every once in a while, but it’s the little decisions that lead up to those big and grand life-changing steps.

There basically one direction you can go when you’ve stopped, and that’s forward. You can try to go back or move off to the side, but you won’t achieve that brighter future and hope if you do that.