Proposal to open a spoiler forum for The Lost Metal now

Oltux72

I guess I just think it's way too early to have a specific subforum if the discussion on the blurb is in a single topic. We are eleven months out and the forum would contain basically no topics. There are sometimes very early readings and we also don't make the spoiler forum then. Like, the prologue for the book was read in July, but it wasn't a huge deal. I can see why this suggestion is happening for the blurb for sure, but in our experience opening the spoiler forum too early can lead to negative effects of a bunch of people just saying "omg where's the book" and things like that, which is not ideal.

Lets just have things discussing the blurb be clearly labeled in the topic title, and if they are not in the topic title, it is spoiler tagged in said post.

I would really need to see that the blurb is being discussed in more than just a few places to seriously consider making the forum. Is that happening? Again, remember, we aren't expected to have sample chapters for probably six months. That is a guess, but I could expect much less sample chapters posted on a Mistborn book than Stormlight. Hard to say what Tor would do, since we haven't had a Mistborn book since 2016, and Tor has done the "hey let's post the entire part one of the book" for Stormlights. If anything I'd expect less sample chapters, and you have to say, if we are waiting eight months for sample chapters, that forum is going to contain nothing.

It's also hard to say how major a spoiler is in marketing, because the publisher is comfortable with people knowing it ahead of time. I can understand why people wouldn't want that of course. But still it seems relatively sequestered and we can just pin the topic. A single topic in the Mistborn board that does not even have three pages of posts does not seem like that justifies an entire spoiler board's existence so early.