Proxy-posting Signed Book Info

Kurkistan

As some of you may know, Alaxel is... on an enforced break from the forums for the next while.

The circumstances surrounding his absence aside, Alaxel got in touch with me via email (apparently I'm one of the few people who has an email address on record :wacko:) and asked me to post some info on his behalf. I am ever eager for new WoB, so I agreed to serve as his agent in this matter. ;)

Without further ado:

Alaxel got a personalized copy of WoK, and written in it was "Odium and Hoid were once friends."

20140214_183901.jpg

I would like to publicly thank Alaxel for sharing this info, and say that I take this as a good sign that we can turn over a new leaf and avoid hurtful/heated discourse going forward.

-----

EDIT: So far as analysis goes, this indicates that Hoid's hatred of Rayse now is the fruit of some poisoned friendship rather than a lifelong rivalry.

Wow, now that's quite an incredible piece of information! This sheds a lot more light on the whole Rayse-Hoid relationship, and there's no more bitter enemy than one who once you called a friend. I'm starting to have a lot more sympathy for Rayse, he looks a whole lot more human, for all we know Hoid might not the hero in this story, but then again we still lack information to make a conclusion.

Edit: Confused Hoid with Honor :P

Edited by Leonardus

Well, given what Hoid says about Raise pre-Odium indicates that they were probably somewhat similar. Crafty, manipulative. And also, we have to remind ourselves that Hoid is not exactly a reliable narrator. If he has some beef with Rayse, then it will probably bleed through.

Well, given what Hoid says about Raise pre-Odium indicates that they were probably somewhat similar. Crafty, manipulative. And also, we have to remind ourselves that Hoid is not exactly a reliable narrator. If he has some beef with Rayse, then it will probably bleed through.

It's also worth noting that Hoid himself is crafty and manipulative.

Interesting. I am not sure this is as exciting or enlightening as some of the others believe, but it's interesting. We knew that Hoid knew all of the Shardholders pre-Shattering, and I strongly suspect many - if not all - of them knew each other, but untangling their relationships before the Shards ate their personalities is a cool project (rendered moot by Hoid's series, but whatevs). 

Ah, interesting.  I wonder if any of the relationship dynamics of the original holders of the Shards of Adonalsium have any influence on Odium/Rayse's "Hit-List"  Did he start by Shattering Devotion and Dominion because of an earlier vendetta against the holders?  Or did he single them out because those Shards' Intents made them easier targets?  I'm leaning more towards the latter, though the former is very interesting to speculate about.

I wonder, did Hoid and Rayse have their falling out before or after the Shattering of Adonalsium?