Aether of Night forum rules

This is the forum where--finally--you can discuss the unpublished manuscript, Aether of Night.

I'm very sorry we have to password this forum. That is so we must not discuss this content outside of this board. This is for a number of reasons. First, this content is not even necessarily canonical at all. If it gets published, who knows what form it will take. Therefore it obviously is a bad idea to have theory content in the main theory boards when this isn't even necessarily true. Secondly, some don't have this content, and some people get extremely upset seeing discussion on a topic that they are "missing out" on and really lay on the hate. Let's just keep it here.

For this reason the main rule--besides not talking about this stuff elsewhere--will be to not distribute the password unless they have the manuscript. If they have the manuscript, they can word search the password. I do not want to hear of people getting access to this board unless they have and read Aether of Night. Also, as should be obvious from Team Sanderson's distribution emails, don't hand out Aether of Night either! Sorry. They can go ask Team Sanderson directly.

Thanks and sorry it has taken so long for this to exist.

What is the spoiler policy for this forum? Is under the Cosmere Theories, no-spoiler-tags umbrella? Is it treated like a regular book sub-forum, where we're supposed to tag spoilers for all other series (a.k.a. everything that has actually been published)?

I'm asking specifically about how to tag Secret History info.

I'm also curious about whether or not we'll see a Dragonsteel forum, similar to this. I know that one is a little bit different, as it's even more difficult to get a copy of Brandon doesn't like to distribute it because it spoils too much for other things in the Cosmere. But, for those who have already read it, will there ever be a place to discuss it?

What is the spoiler policy for this forum? Is under the Cosmere Theories, no-spoiler-tags umbrella? Is it treated like a regular book sub-forum, where we're supposed to tag spoilers for all other series (a.k.a. everything that has actually been published)?

I'm asking specifically about how to tag Secret History info.

I would say this would be on Cosmere Theories level. If people care enough to read unpublished stuff they will be up to date on the published stuff. I will adjust this in the rules to make this clear. Great addition :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:09 PM, Chaos said:

I'm very sorry we have to password this forum. That is so we must not discuss this content outside of this board. This is for a number of reasons. First, this content is not even necessarily canonical at all. If it gets published, who knows what form it will take. Therefore it obviously is a bad idea to have theory content in the main theory boards when this isn't even necessarily true. Secondly, some don't have this content, and some people get extremely upset seeing discussion on a topic that they are "missing out" on and really lay on the hate. Let's just keep it here.

I didn't have to enter a password fyi.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Snorkel said:

I have a thread idea, and I'm not sure if it would be allowed?

Can we talk about how to make ones own copy more readable by converting to different formats and other readability improvements?

Sure, go for it :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos unpinned this topic