Zahel/Vasher and nightblood

I think that Zahel might be Vasher-so that's another worldhopper apart from hoid

So its possible for peoplefrom Nathas to jump to Roshar but chronologically how many

years after warbreaker are the stormlight archives set? also if vasher needs breath

to survive, can stormlight be a substitute? Same to draw nightblood. .

Welcome to the Forums!

You are correct, Zahel is Vasher. The running theory right now is that the Shardpools are used to travel between worlds using the cognitive realm. 

I believe that the chronology right now has Warbreaker 200 years before the events of WoK. 

We also have some WoB (Words of Brandon) on the other two questions:

Q:  How long has Zahel been slumming it on Roshar?
A:  For quite a long time, on this planet he can get something quite easily that is much harder to get where he came from.

Q:  Would Vasher be able to use Stormlight in the same way that he can get Breath?
A:  That would not be immediately easy, but Stormlight could feed Nightblood.

i have a feeling a lot of things are going to come to a head in Roshar.With Odium shattering so many shards AND being trapped in one place,this could be an opportunity to either shatter Odium or combine it with Cultivation.so i guess a lot of people are interested in it? There are also ten books planned for the stormlight archives-which is the largest so far apart from the mistborn series. Another (unanswerable) question is what happened to Vivenna?

I think he's there mostly because of how easy it is to get investiture.

I personally think Ivis is Vivenna. What better disguise for someone who's hair changes color than to join a religion that requires you to be bald? Combine that with the fact that she's a weapon's master who appears to be friends with Zahel and you've got yourself a princess.

I personally think Ivis is Vivenna. What better disguise for someone who's hair changes color than to join a religion that requires you to be bald? Combine that with the fact that she's a weapon's master who appears to be friends with Zahel and you've got yourself a princess.

But would Vivenna be still alive? Warbreaker is supposed to be 200 before WoK iirc.

But would Vivenna be still alive? Warbreaker is supposed to be 200 before WoK iirc.

Well, we have no idea what will occur in Nightblood. It is conceivable that she could Return or otherwise achieve immortality/prolonged life in it. Though I would personally be kind of annoyed/disappointed if such were to occur.

Agelessness: At the Fifth Heightening, an Awakener’s resistance to aging and disease reaches its maximum strength. These persons are immune to most toxins, including the effects of alcohol, and most physical ailments. (Such as headaches, diseases, and organ failure.) The person no longer ages, and becomes functionally immortal.

http://brandonsanderson.com/warbreaker-ars-arcanum/

Edited by EMTrevor

Didn't she give her Breaths away?

Vasher would also need to find a steady income of breath anyways, he seems to know how to find it. Once they get to Roshar, they can jury rig the stormlight to work get the requisite breath threshold. So I don't remember if she did or not, but there's 200 years between then and now, plenty of time to make up for it if she did. 

Note: WeiryWriter meant to write "would not use" instead of "would uses".

I hope Vivi is still around somewhere, and the requisite amount of Breaths would have been enough to make her immortal.  I was wondering if her and Vasher might have ending up having a kid though.  Maybe Vasher got her preggers and freaked out and Worldhopped away, and she'll show up in the SA wanting a hundred-something years of child support money.

Note: WeiryWriter meant to write "would not use" instead of "would uses".

I hope Vivi is still around somewhere, and the requisite amount of Breaths would have been enough to make her immortal.  I was wondering if her and Vasher might have ending up having a kid though.  Maybe Vasher got her preggers and freaked out and Worldhopped away, and she'll show up in the SA wanting a hundred-something years of child support money.

Now I'm imagining a bad sitcom set in the Cosmere.  "As the Galaxy Turns."  Will Vasher and Vivi get bagck together?  What will Truthwatcher the Faithful do when she discovers that Headclogged the Bold is cheating on her with Housebreaker the Beautiful?  And what dark secret is Annie hiding, and why is it related to her new piercings and her newly revealed ability to burn Steel?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vasher is going to awaken dead sprenblades which is why he is the swordmaster and Adolin refuses to name his blade. He's gonna bring that bitch back to life!

I like that. it would wrap up nicely why he chose to become Adolin's swordmaster, but Adolin not naming his blade is just Adolin being Adolin. I doubt Zahel told him to behave this way. Adolin is plenty perspective on his own and he kept saying how he felt his blade was alive, somehow.

• Chaos locked this topic