Where Has Brandon Been? (A tour stop compilation)

ccstat

I was curious about where Brandon's book tours usually take him, and got a bit carried away with tracking it. I've pulled all of the event info I could find and compiled it into a spreadsheet and a map. Conventions are noted as stars, to distinguish them from regular signings.

Sanderson Map.JPG

The biggest conclusion I came to was Shadows, this man travels all the time! How can he possibly write anything? 

Since 2006 he has attended 60+ conventions, in addition to all of the book tours and other signings each year. Perhaps not surprisingly, the majority of his book tours hit the same cities (and bookstores) over and over. I guess those are where Tor and Gollancz like to send their people? He has also attended SDCC and Jordancon many times, so he's been to San Diego 14 times for signings, and Atlanta 9, the most events anywhere farther than an hour from his house (i.e. excluding Provo and Salt Lake City).

At the moment, there isn't an easy way to see all of the markers for the same location, since they overlay one another. So if the location you are interested in says Brandon has been there multiple times, you can check the spreadsheet to see when each of the visits occurred and for which tours or conventions.

I'm sure I've missed some things. The biggest hole is his 2009 tour for A Memory of Light, which I couldn't find listed anywhere. If you have a correction or addition, I'm happy to fix it. I have not made any effort to combine or separate markers that are in different addresses or townships in a larger metropolitan area--everything is located simply by the city noted. Event info came from Brandon's past blog entries, Tor.com announcements, and 17S event reports. (Brandon's event page purges past events, so it was no help.)

Edited by ccstat

Yeah, I had trouble deciding which subforum this belonged in. I'm happy to have it moved if Events would be better.

2 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

For missing info, take a look at this page

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to check Theoryland. TGS tour is now entered.

On 24/03/2017 at 4:27 AM, ccstat said:

The biggest conclusion I came to was Shadows, this man travels all the time! How can he possibly write anything? 

It's because he is obviously some kind of super-writing robot. I thought we had already established this?

• Chaos locked this topic