Cosmere Timeline

KaIadin

Is there a timeline for all the events in each book relative to other Cosmere books. I was hoping they started at the same time but that seems unlikely considered *spoiler* (I don't know how to put the spoiler tag) that an old Vasher shows up in WoR. Also, does time flow the same for all worlds?

yeah, I don't remember the exact chronology and don't know where to find a link. I think  i remember way of kings happens a few decades after wax and wayne, warbreaker is some 300 years prior, elantris is before way of kings but i don't remember how much before. sixth of the dusk is the last among the story published, and there is speculation the ones above are scadrians with space technology.

But while I can't help you much with the chronology, I can help you with spoiler tags: the third button from left on top of your message window is called "special bbcode", you click on it and you can open a window menu with various options, spoiler is among them.

Don't know where the link is either, but I'm fairly certain the order goes something like this:

Dragonsteel

Elantris series (Unless there's a massive time skip between Elantris and its sequels, or between the sequels for that matter, they'll all be first, or rather second after Dragonsteel)

The Hope of Elantris (during Elantris 1)

Emperor's Soul

The Eleventh Metal

Mistborn: the original trilogy (Era 1)

Warbreaker series (because Vivenna still needs to be alive, and Vasher needs to still be on Nalthis, so barring any 5th Heightening shenanigans, no massive timeskips here)

Stormlight 1-5

Wax and Wayne (Era 2, or 1.5, or whatever you want to call it)

Stormlight 6-10

Mistborn: the modern trilogy (Era 3, or 2, or whatever)

MASSIVE TIME SKIP

Sixth of the Dusk

Mistborn: the space trilogy (the last era)

And somewhere in there are White Sand, Aether of Night, Dark One, Shadows for Silence, and The Silence Divine. And possibly a few others I'm forgetting.  

Copypasting landis, I'm just going to add a couple more in which Brandon has confirmed.

The Liar of Partinel + The Lightweaver of Rens

Dragonsteel

Elantris series (Unless there's a massive time skip between Elantris and its sequels, or between the sequels for that matter, they'll all be first, or rather second after Dragonsteel)

The Hope of Elantris (during Elantris 1)

Emperor's Soul

White Sand

Aether of Night

The Silence Divine

(White Sand, Aether of Night, and the Silence Divine are more or less interchangeable)

MASSIVE TIME SKIP

The Eleventh Metal

Mistborn: the original trilogy (Era 1)

Warbreaker series (because Vivenna still needs to be alive, and Vasher needs to still be on Nalthis, so barring any 5th Heightening shenanigans, no massive timeskips here)

Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell

Stormlight 1-5

Wax and Wayne (Era 2, or 1.5, or whatever you want to call it)

Stormlight 6-10

Mistborn: the modern trilogy (Era 3, or 2, or whatever)

MASSIVE TIME SKIP

Sixth of the Dusk

Mistborn: the space trilogy (the last era)

Is Aether still a thing? :) I know if it is it'll need significant re-writing as the shard in Aether was moved into Mistborn.

W&W is Era 2 of Mistborn in the new terminology, and the 1980s analogue mistborn is Era 3. Era 4 may end up being a cyberpunk series instead of the space trilogy, depending on whether Brandon decides he wants to do moar Mistborn.

Isn't Dragonsteel divided into two eras as well? With the first one being where it's been indicated in that choronology, and the second one being after Mistborn In Space? Or did I imagine that?

• Chaos locked this topic