Brandon's Announcements

On 5/26/2021 at 10:52 AM, ScadrianTank said:

Something we'd never guess:

1. Cosmere theme park.
  2. Brandon builds a church.
  3. Cowriting a novel in a different genre.
  4. A tv show based on some of his less popular series.

LOL! I was thinking about things like Galaxy's Edge and what kind of specific world I'd want a theme park of. I love Brandon's work, but his most popular works feature either awful, deadly environments or they are just Earth. 

Imagine a Mistborn Era 1 theme park. Ash everywhere all the time. Terrible. 

My guess for today's announcement is Settlers of Catan tie-in novel or some similar 3rd-party IP novel. 

1 minute ago, Child of Hodor said:

LOL! I was thinking about things like Galaxy's Edge and what kind of specific world I'd want a theme park of. I love Brandon's work, but his most popular works feature either awful, deadly environments or they are just Earth. 

Imagine a Mistborn Era 1 theme park. Ash everywhere all the time. Terrible. 

Elantris during reod wasn't the best place to be in, either. The only place that could really work is probably Halandren. I just love the idea of someone trying to imitate a Highstorm on a budget, like with leafblowers, buckets of water mixed with dirt, and throwing rocks by hand.  

4 minutes ago, ScadrianTank said:

Elantris during reod wasn't the best place to be in, either. The only place that could really work is probably Halandren. I just love the idea of someone trying to imitate a Highstorm on a budget, like with leafblowers, buckets of water mixed with dirt, and throwing rocks by hand.  

Honestly thinking on it now as things stand a cosmere themed amusement park would not be a pleasant place to be. "Come to Rosharland where we'll periodically belt you with rocks and water, or visit the land of First Era Scadrial where we rain ash on you"

Just now, Harkain said:

Honestly thinking on it now as things stand a cosmere themed amusement park would not be a pleasant place to be. "Come to Rosharland where we'll periodically belt you with rocks and water, or visit the land of First Era Scadrial where we rain ash on you"

*Threnody knocks on the door.*

Just now, ScadrianTank said:

Kelsier is in Fortnite. That really is something I'd never guess, huh. It really is a kind of announcement where I'm so shocked that there is nothing to say.

Thing is, he did talk about this on stream before. The director is one of his neighbors, and his son designed something in the game for one of his friends who's a huge fortnite fan

Just now, Harkain said:

Anyone know what time the second announcement is set to drop?

It's currently 4am where I am and I'm really needing to goto sleep soon...

already did. No explanations, just an image of a quote about Kelsier with the Fortnite logo underneath

26 minutes ago, agrabes said:

Hope he's getting credit/permission for this!  (I'm sure he is).  Unfortunately Fortnite has a history of ripping off people and profiting from it.  Of all things - stealing Leo P's sweet saxophone moves :(

THEY RIPPED OFF THE GUY FROM 2MANYZOOS?

ANGR

AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN BRING OVER THE BARI SAX

47 minutes ago, Harkain said:

Thank you!

I honestly don't know how I feel about this. We'll see I guess.
Better than a cosmere themed theme park tho.

Yeah, "Fortnite is still popular?" was my reaction. It is something no one would guess, that's for sure. 

59 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Is it wrong my opinion of Kelsier has dropped?

Of all the things to see him "adapted" in I was not expecting Fortnite. 

2 hours ago, ScadrianTank said:

2 hours ago, Harkain said:

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

"If you bleed for any reason, we will detonate our on site nuclear warhead."

So many fun theme park ideas! I'm thinking glowing, normal Elantris, but once in a while, on a random day, the walls become covered in slime. It's a hotel / theme park too. All in one, so you'll wake up in a hotel room with slime running down all the walls. 

On Slime Day they confiscate all painkillers as well. 

Honestly I don’t care about the Fortnite

But that isn’t the point or the reason Brandon is doing this if I had to guess

1: It’s for name recognition, it will probably say Mistborn somewhere in Kelsier and that would boost sales on the books

2: It’s a market strategy, he’s trying to gauge the markets on a real Mistborn game