Smoll addiction

Phlipz1

Hiya! been here for a few days and am loving it! read SA and Mistborn E1 and 2 before i joined, and make an effort to think up theories that either explain things to others or ask questions i honestly dont know about. everyones nice and helpful. i myself am partially addicted to the mechanics of the cosmere and how intricate it is, brandon is awesome!

• Phlipz1 changed the title to Smoll addiction
7 hours ago, Phlipz1 said:

AHHH it's not pinging me! First off @Mars DiscoI'm planning to read maybe warbreaker next. I like the breath magic a lot and nightblood is awesome. 

Second, even if you haven't read RoW my least favourite character is moash, followed closely by Mr suit/uncle edwarn

Everyone loves to hate on Moash.  Not enough people love to hate on Lirin.

Moash is the Kelsier of Stormlight Archive. :)

4 hours ago, Mistborn Surgebinder said:

Everyone loves to hate on Moash.  Not enough people love to hate on Lirin.

Moash is the Kelsier of Stormlight Archive. :)

Moash would be the SA Kelsier if Kelsier was a rusting git that ate rotten cremlings for lunch. Since he isn't though, Moash is the SA Miles Hundredlives instead.

8 hours ago, Phlipz1 said:

how dare you. kelsier is amazing. moash is a- i cant swear here so ill be civil. hes a traitorous swine

3 hours ago, The Technovore said:

Moash would be the SA Kelsier if Kelsier was a rusting git that ate rotten cremlings for lunch. Since he isn't though, Moash is the SA Miles Hundredlives instead.

Hear me out.  Moash is a peasant who experienced the deaths of loved ones due directly to the actions of Elhokar.  He joined a crew to murder and overthrow said bad king, and didn't know what we know - that Elhokar was improving as a person.  Moash then joined the former slave population to overthrow the oppressors.  Sounds an AWFUL lot like Kelsier to me.  Kel never felt guilt about wanton murder of the ruling class.  Moash also refuses to feel guilt.  And we know, because Brandon said it, that Kelsier would be the villain in any other story.  Ergo, I stand by my assertion, that Moash and Kel are almost the same person.  

Moash = Kelsier
The Diagram = Kelsiers crew
The Parshendi = Skaa
Lighteyes = Nobility
Kaladin now = Elend (kinda, in a way.  He's now basically a lighteyes, and he's serving the oppressing class)

That's fair @Mistborn Surgebinder, except for a couple things: 

Moash may be more justified than Miles. Miles believed he was following Kelsier's path, but factually he was just WRONG about the levels of oppression and the appropriate response, as Wax pointed out. Moash does live in a pretty oppressed society. The de facto power of a group of shardbearers versus the farmers of Vorin Roshar is pretty comparable to the power TLR had over everyone else. But he didn't do it right. He wasn't fighting Elhokar out of a sense of justice or liberation. It was petty revenge. And then what did he do after joining the Singer? Became the lackey for the Fused and for Odium himself. Odium, the guy whose Unmade and corruptions were mostly responsible for his society being so messed up in the first place. The Fused, who gleefully would murder the singers to receive new life. The Fused, who immediately set to dominating the singer people just like the lighteyes dominated the humans, whose express goals are to someday dominate both peoples.

Moash didn't liberate anyone. He denounced one group of oppressors and joined another. Moash is no Kelsier. My case is closed.

Annnnd I just realized this is SUPER Off-Topic.

sorry @Phlipz1.

Here's a getting to know you question: If you could pick a magic system to have on Earth, which would it be?

Edited by The Technovore

1 minute ago, Mistborn Surgebinder said:

@The Technovore Don't know if your question is for everyone or just Phlipz, but my answer is Fereuchemy.  For a modern earth environment, it seems the most practical.  

Funnily enough, I put the same question in Sanderson General, and Feruchemy came out overwhelmingly lol. I guess it's just the perfect irl magic system.

i also say feruchemy. unlike allomancy all feruchemical abilities would be awesome in the real world. who needs to hide allomancy when you can store memories? be marginally faster when you can become usain bolt. whatever. if we're gonna debate worst characters or character parralels then might i suggest making a new discussion for it in RoW characters?