I kinda made a Mistborn Game

Yezrien

Greetings, people of the Shard! 

Some of you may not remember me; I haven't been active for a while, and back then I used a different name (long story). I've been quiet for the last couple years because I went back to school, and I've been focusing on my studies. But they were fun studies. I've been learning to make games.

And the final project for one of my classes was a game jam. And the theme was just vague enough that I used it as an excuse to finally prototype a Mistborn game, built around Allomancy. I know a couple of people have already done something like this, but this is my take on it.

https://jezrien.itch.io/magno-the-robot

A few notes:

• Being a game jam project, this entire game was built in under 48 hours. As a result, it's a little rough. It should definitely be viewed as a prototype demo, not a real game.
  • The physics of allomancy had to be simplified a little.
    • You can't modulate the strength of your pushes and pulls. The magnitude of the force is always the same.
    • When you push/pull on a metal object, it does not apply force to both the object and Magno. It just compares the object's mass with Magno's mass, and applies force to whichever is lighter.
    • When a smaller metal object is pressed against the floor or a wall, it does not realistically 'acquire' the mass of the floor or wall. I.e. you cannot launch yourself into the air by standing on a small metal object. (But you can with large ones!)
  • The game is only available for Windows at this time. Sorry.
  • I might continue to iterate on this prototype. If I do, all of the issues listed here will eventually be dealt with.

I hope you like it! 

(Here's the complete playthrough video.)
2021-04-26 12-21-04.mp4

Edited by Yezrien

• 2 years later...