Hello, would you like to destroy some evil today?

Hello! You may call me Echo, as my real name is forbidden from mortal tongues. I have been on the 17th Shard for a few months, and it just now occured to me to introduce myself! My manners are very refined, as you can tell. On another note, I am very excited to have officially joined the 17th Shard. I have read most of the Cosmere books, all but volume two and three of White Sands, and I am Beyond excited to read the future Cosmere books. I am proud to say that I have brought many new people to the fold, and plan to continue to introduce people to the Cosmere. I consider myself to be pretty Cosmere aware, but I also recognize that there are plenty of people a lot more knowledgeable and observant than I am. I am always excited to meet and talk to such people, and any Cosmere fan in general!

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

Thank you, I am glad to be here. I have loved browsing through the various forum posts, reading the interesting ideas that people have, and observing the enthusiasm that people have for the Cosmere. I feel like I'm returning from a battle, with friends and family standing up to greet and welcome me home.

59 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Thank you, I am glad to be here. I have loved browsing through the various forum posts, reading the interesting ideas that people have, and observing the enthusiasm that people have for the Cosmere. I feel like I'm returning from a battle, with friends and family standing up to greet and welcome me home.

glad you think that. welcome to the shard

3 hours ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Hello! You may call me Echo, as my real name is forbidden from mortal tongues. I have been on the 17th Shard for a few weeks, and it just now occured to me to introduce myself! My manners are very refined, as you can tell. On another note, I am very excited to have officially joined the 17th Shard. I have read most of the Cosmere books, all but volume two and three of White Sands, and I am Beyond excited to read the future Cosmere books. I am proud to say that I have brought many new people to the fold, and plan to continue to introduce people to the Cosmere. I consider myself to be pretty Cosmere aware, but I also recognize that there are plenty of people a lot more knowledgeable and observant than I am. I am always excited to meet and talk to such people, and any Cosmere fan in general!

Welcome to the Shard!

4 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character?

Oh, that's a hard one! Hmm... In all honesty I must say that I appreciate all of Mr. Sanderson's characters, because I feel that he invests (pun intended) all of his writing capability into each and every character he writes. Sure, there will always be those characters that cause frustration or even hate, but I always find myself loving them at the same time. The fact that Mr. Sanderson can forge such unique and wonderfully detailed characters, to the point where it invokes both love and hate simultaneously, creates a big problem for myself in that I find that I cannot truly hate any of his characters. For the sake of politeness, I will try my best to answer your question anyways.

Spoiler

Hummm... I think I would have to say that I am most frustrated by the inkspren of Roshar (yes, I know that that's technically an entire subrace of characters, apologies). Mostly because the Order of Elsecallers fascinate me, and I wish there were more Elsecallers so that I could study and learn more about the Surge of Transportation, and how the Surge of Transportation and the Surge of Transformation interact with each other, with other Surges, and with the Physical, Cognitive, and Spiritual Planes.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

13 hours ago, caramel_ said:

Welcome to the Shard! What's your favorite series so far?

Colors, such hard questions all around. :D

I really love Elantris and Warbreaker (I know they're not series yet, I'm sorry lol), but I think I would have to pick Mistborn, if only because I really want to see Feruchemical/Allomantic starships. (And fabrial starships, for that matter.)