Navani Foreshadowing

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

If it drains Stomrlight it's Raysium.

In refrencing the ones Rayse MIssed it only says one.

If you don't think it's immportant why are you so upset Navani doesn't get credit for Anti-light?

I'll answer that, less than the Windrunners

Given that he can break Honorblades given enough hits, I don't think that's a problem.

That's what caused Ishar's Lucidicty

Nightblood chipping his Honorblade

If its Raysium then its pretty common. All of the Heavenly Ones carry them.

Taravangian is still smarter. My point is just because Rayse couldn;'t figure something out doesn't mean Taravangian can't either.

Its mentioned a lot in this thread, read back. And I dont think her getting credit is unimportant, everyone keeps bringing up the Anti-Light thing. To be honest, I'm getting confused- I only mentioned it because someone was saying she shouldn't get much credit for her Anti-Light work since she didn't discover it first.

But how do you know that its less than Windrunners?

He chipped it, he didn't break it. Though maybe that would give him an edge. But even if there wasn't Nale, there'd still be a lot of other Fused. And Nightblood is both very dangerous and very unpredictable.

I thought Ishar's lucidity happened when Oaths were said near him.

5 hours ago, Frustration said:

Nightblood chipping his Honorblade

Ishar didn’t see Nightblood coming if he would have he would avoided hitting the blade, whirled around Szeth and stabbed him in the back.

Szeth is not as good as Kaladin, Kaladin is not as good as Herald 

Nale will kill Szeth in 2 seconds flat and no nightblood can stop that 

6 hours ago, Listener said:

If its Raysium then its pretty common. All of the Heavenly Ones carry them.

No they don't.

Taravangian is still smarter. My point is just because Rayse couldn;'t figure something out doesn't mean Taravangian can't either.

How is Taravangian automatically smarter? If we go off when he acsended he would be dumber, if we go off average intelegence they would be about the same the only time Taravangian is smarter is due to Cultivation, and that likely does not stak with the mental boost he recieves as a vessel.

But how do you know that its less than Windrunners?

Windrunners get the most squires, and have historically been the largest Order, We saw the size of the Skybreakers and their numbers were unimpressive.

He chipped it, he didn't break it. Though maybe that would give him an edge. But even if there wasn't Nale, there'd still be a lot of other Fused. And Nightblood is both very dangerous and very unpredictable.

The fact remains that he could break it, and again fused would not last long against NIghtblood

I thought Ishar's lucidity happened when Oaths were said near him.

He specifically asked if a Bondsmith had been sworn.

2 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Ishar didn’t see Nightblood coming if he would have he would avoided hitting the blade, whirled around Szeth and stabbed him in the back.

Says who? Ishar isn't massivly faster than Szeth is, and he would have to be to pull that off.

Szeth is not as good as Kaladin, Kaladin is not as good as Herald 

Szeth was also not a Radiant, and Nightblood just needs to nick his oponent, while he can survive most anything.

Nale will kill Szeth in 2 seconds flat and no nightblood can stop that 

If Nale could do that why didn't he?

14 minutes ago, Frustration said:

No they don't.

How is Taravangian automatically smarter? If we go off when he acsended he would be dumber, if we go off average intelegence they would be about the same the only time Taravangian is smarter is due to Cultivation, and that likely does not stak with the mental boost he recieves as a vessel.

Windrunners get the most squires, and have historically been the largest Order, We saw the size of the Skybreakers and their numbers were unimpressive.

The fact remains that he could break it, and again fused would not last long against NIghtblood

He specifically asked if a Bondsmith had been sworn.

Says who? Ishar isn't massivly faster than Szeth is, and he would have to be to pull that off.

Szeth was also not a Radiant, and Nightblood just needs to nick his oponent, while he can survive most anything.

If Nale could do that why didn't he?

The book talks of it as if most of them has it.

I don't know why Taranvangian is smarter or if Cultivation's boon lasts if he Ascends but the fact remains that he is smarter.

Could you tell me when we saw it? The books are huge so my knowledge of the details are sketchy. And they've been largest historically. The Skybreakers never betrayed their oaths in the first place and it does not seem as if the highspren has issues the honorspren do, though they are coming around. It would have a larger number of willing spren as well as centuries of practice in the training new Radiants.

No matter how powerful he is, he's one person. Unless he has a reserve of Feruchemical speed, he can't keep himself covered at all sides and sheer numbers would eventually overwhelm him.

Ishar is faster and has centuries of practice. Szeth is skilled but I doubt even Kaladin could face a Herald. Unless Szeth can surprise him, there's little chance of beating him. When they faced each other Ishar was confused since Nightblood chipped his blade. But a chip isn't a break or a crack and wouldn't be enough to stop him. These are highly optimistic and best-case scenarios, and unlikely to happen.

Nale wasn't really interested in killing anyone, he just went to talk to Dalinar.

Phew,this has branched off unh?

Ok,it seems that there are 2 main arguments against Navani

1. She isnt a scholar

2.She wasn't worthy.

So one at a time.

1. I feel like we already resolved she is a scholar. If not,

def : A scholar is a person who pursues academic and intellectual activities, particularly those that develop expertise in an area of study. A scholar may also be an academic, who works as a professor, teacher or researcher at a university or other higher education institution. An academic usually holds an advanced degree or terminal degree such as a PhD. Some independent scholars, such as philosophers and public intellectuals work outside of academia. They may still contribute to academic journals and participate in scholarly conferences even though they are unaffiliated with a university.

2. Ok,I think it's time we don't use ourselves as references and instead,use the one that actually matter,The Sibling. If i recall,the Sibling knew about the anti-Light,and at least at the end,commented on it with Navani. Before they bonded,she said Navani wasnt worthy,but what reasons did she give? Only one. That she captures spren. No one seems to be bringing this point up so I'm gonna guess they don't see it as an issue?

For the anti-Light arguments,I cant really remember the chain of events that led to it,but we have to remember the situation in Urithiru. They were effectively isolated from the outside world,so no oathgates,no communications. All the Radiants sans Kaladin and Lift were in a coma. Kaladin was severely depressed,had access to one surge he wasnt too familiar with,couldnt fly without the help of the fabrial and that couldnt last forever,and the potential of the Sibling been turned into an Unmade which would cripple the coalition,because that was no oathgates,no fast travel,and moving of forces which would take months. This one is one of the worst because the other side gaining another Unmade while the coalition losing one bondsmith would have been severe. Who else in this situation would have succeeded?

3 minutes ago, Listener said:

The book talks of it as if most of them has it.

No it really doesn't

I don't know why Taranvangian is smarter or if Cultivation's boon lasts if he Ascends but the fact remains that he is smarter.

Seeing one possibility Rayse didn't doesn't make him smarter

4 minutes ago, Listener said:

Could you tell me when we saw it? The books are huge so my knowledge of the details are sketchy. And they've been largest historically. The Skybreakers never betrayed their oaths in the first place and it does not seem as if the highspren has issues the honorspren do, though they are coming around. It would have a larger number of willing spren as well as centuries of practice in the training new Radiants.

We saw them in OB.

49 minutes ago, Listener said:

No matter how powerful he is, he's one person. Unless he has a reserve of Feruchemical speed, he can't keep himself covered at all sides and sheer numbers would eventually overwhelm him.

When he eventually dies someone else can use NIghtblood.

50 minutes ago, Listener said:

Ishar is faster and has centuries of practice. Szeth is skilled but I doubt even Kaladin could face a Herald. Unless Szeth can surprise him, there's little chance of beating him. When they faced each other Ishar was confused since Nightblood chipped his blade. But a chip isn't a break or a crack and wouldn't be enough to stop him. These are highly optimistic and best-case scenarios, and unlikely to happen.

Repeated hits would break the blade, and a sinlge nick would kill him.

Personally, I think that no beginning radiant is truly "worthy" of their powers yet. When Dalinar bonded to the Stormfather, all he had was a promise that he would try to unify Roshar. Later, he was able to make good on his promise. One could argue that he was worthy at the beginning because he had changed and wouldn't repeat his past mistakes. One could also argue that he was unworthy because, as of yet, he had barely been able to unite anything. I agree with Leuthie that Navani is a unifier. I also think that she is worthy of her power. If you are arguing that Navani is not worthy yet, just remember that the First Ideal is really just a promise to try. Navani has promised that she will try to unify, and, in my opinion, she will make good on that promise. 

4 minutes ago, Morningtide said:

P.S. I may be new to this site, but I do know what I am talking about. I have read all of Brandon's book multiple times. 

Please don't double post(postig multiple times without someone else posting) You can edit your previous post

Welcome to the Shard!

4 hours ago, Infinitysliver said:

For the anti-Light arguments,I cant really remember the chain of events that led to it,but we have to remember the situation in Urithiru. They were effectively isolated from the outside world,so no oathgates,no communications. All the Radiants sans Kaladin and Lift were in a coma. Kaladin was severely depressed,had access to one surge he wasnt too familiar with,couldnt fly without the help of the fabrial and that couldnt last forever,and the potential of the Sibling been turned into an Unmade which would cripple the coalition,because that was no oathgates,no fast travel,and moving of forces which would take months. This one is one of the worst because the other side gaining another Unmade while the coalition losing one bondsmith would have been severe.

Back on page 10 of this thread (3:26 PM on 4/11/21) I have a comment that goes through the sequence of events between Navani figuring out the anti-Voidlight tone and her making the sphere with anti-Voidlight. One thing that I had said there was that I thought the reason why Navani was pursuing anti-Voidlight was because she was seeking a weapon to use against Odium, but I couldn't remember where that appeared in the book.

I found it now, and just thought I'd drop it here since you're talking about the context in which Navani pursued anti-Light. It's in Chapter 84. This is after she's combined Stormlight and Voidlight into Warlight, but before she's figured out the anti-Voidlight tone.

Navani found herself in a curious situation. Forbidden to take part in the administration of the tower, forbidden direct contact with her scholars, she had only her research to occupy her. In a way, she had been given the gift she'd always wished for: a chance to truly see if she could become a scholar.

Something had always prevented her from full dedication. After Gavilar's death, she'd been too busy guiding Elhokar and then Aesudan. Perhaps Navani could have focused on scholarship when she'd first come to the Shattered Plains - but there had been a Blackthorn to seduce and then a new kingdom to forge. For all she complained about politics and the distractions of administering a kingdom, she certainly did find her way into the middle of both with frightful regularity.

Perhaps Navani should go do menial labor. At least that way she'd be among the people. And wouldn't risk doing any more damage. Except ... Raboniel would certainly never let her go around unsupervised. Plus, the lure of unknown secrets called to Navani. She had information Raboniel did not. Navani had seen a sphere that warped the air, filled with what seemed to be some kind of anti-Voidlight. She knew about the explosion.

The thing Raboniel wanted to create was possible. So ... why not try to find out how to make it? Why not see what she could actually do? The power to destroy a god. Negative Light. Can I crack the secret?

What if Navani was thinking too small in trying to save the tower? What if there was a way to end the war once and for all? What if Navani really could find a way to destroy Odium?

She needed to try.

This passage shows the context and Navani's two motivations: wanting to pursue scholarship/see what she could do, and wanting to create a weapon to fight Odium.

I'm not wading back into the dispute about whether or not she should have taken the course of action she did, because I made my peace with that yesterday. But I thought that having this passage here for reference might be useful to the ongoing conversation because it shows the turning point when she makes the decision.

8 hours ago, Frustration said:

No it really doesn't

Seeing one possibility Rayse didn't doesn't make him smarter

We saw them in OB.

When he eventually dies someone else can use NIghtblood.

Repeated hits would break the blade, and a sinlge nick would kill him.

Read back to the early chapters in Rhythm of War. Its implicated there that all the Heavenly Ones have it.

It was implied in the book tha he's smarter. BS wouldn't have made him a Vessel in the twist if he didn't pose a much greater threat to Team Radiant than Rayse ever did.

I'll look for it when I reread OB

When he dies, a Fused probably kills him and he's surrounded so one of them will get it.

Heralds are simply too good to be beaten unless you have an unknown advantage. Ishar was caught off gaurd with Szeth but its unlike that's going to happen again.

Edit: Thanks for the passage by the way, @mdross81

Edited by Listener

Also Nale does throw Szeth to the ground but doesn’t kill him. He could have

My guess at the reason is twofold. One: he is Nales “apprentice” and he wants to continue his study.

2: he didn’t want to kill anyone but Dalinar

Also on the Navani part:

When Raboniel says that they can kill Odium Navani knows she is lying but still continues

Yes he is. All the Heralds have insanely fast reaction time. 
Ishar fights off 6 Windrunner at the same time without breaking a sweat.

And this isn’t the same as Szeth fighting Shardbeares since Windrunners are much more powerful 

Edited by Bejardin1250

Read back to the early chapters in Rhythm of War. Its implicated there that all the Heavenly Ones have it.

No it really isn't.

17 minutes ago, Listener said:

It was implied in the book tha he's smarter. BS wouldn't have made him a Vessel in the twist if he didn't pose a much greater threat to Team Radiant than Rayse ever did.

Taravangian is more dangerous for a number of reasons but wiht a Shards boosted mind intelect isn't one of them.

And on top of that Brandon said the reason he switched them is because Rayse kept failing.

19 minutes ago, Listener said:

When he dies, a Fused probably kills him and he's surrounded so one of them will get it.

How come the Fused always have the number advantage? They would be stupid to not give him backup. And even if a Fused got it they would more than likely kill themselves with it.

20 minutes ago, Listener said:

Heralds are simply too good to be beaten unless you have an unknown advantage. Ishar was caught off gaurd with Szeth but its unlike that's going to happen again.

Shards are far more powerful than they are but Rayse isn't doing so hot.

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

You can’t use this as anything. 
We know what Nightblood can do already.

Rayse was taken entirely by surprise, taravangian won’t be. He will plan and a Shards expanded mind is infinitely smarter than anybody wielding Nightblood.

5 minutes ago, Frustration said:

And even if a Fused got it they would more than likely kill themselves with it.

27 minutes ago, Listener said:

So will anyone on the Radients side. Or they will be to nauseated to pick it up.

Fused could probably wrap it in Aluminum and carry it for enough time to the ocean before their minds are taken over.

7 minutes ago, Frustration said:

No it really isn't.

Only the high ranking ones have it

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

No it really isn't.

Taravangian is more dangerous for a number of reasons but wiht a Shards boosted mind intelect isn't one of them.

And on top of that Brandon said the reason he switched them is because Rayse kept failing.

How come the Fused always have the number advantage? They would be stupid to not give him backup. And even if a Fused got it they would more than likely kill themselves with it.

Yes, it is.

Whatever the reasons are, he's going to do better than Rayse and he can come up with a better plan.

Fused have the number advantage since the Skybreakers aligned with them, and it says so as early as the preview chapters that they are more Heavenly Ones than there are Windrunners. They probably already know they need the sheath considering how they stole it in OB. They'd have to get it back from Szeth's corpse but then they can tuck it away safely and they wouldn't even need to use it.

Again, unknown advantage. Rayse didn't know that Nightblood was there and was taken by susprise.

49 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

You can’t use this as anything. 
We know what Nightblood can do already.

Rayse was taken entirely by surprise, taravangian won’t be. He will plan and a Shards expanded mind is infinitely smarter than anybody wielding Nightblood.

If he couldn't defend against it, and he wasn't instantly killed mind you how are Heralds going to be untouched? If it nicks them they die, if it hit's their blade it will begin to break it, this is something they have not dealt with before, and Nightblood has other properties, even mostly sheathed Szeth broke a man's back with it in a single hit.

52 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

So will anyone on the Radients side. Or they will be to nauseated to pick it up.

Easy fix

Spoiler

Brandon Sanderson

Another note here is that Nightblood can sense where Vasher is. This is because Nightblood has ingested and fed off Vasher's Breaths in the past. When he does that, it connects him to someone. It's also, by the way, one of the secrets as to why Vasher doesn't get sick when holding Nightblood, even though he's a good person. It's not simply familiarity (though that is part of it). Nightblood has a built-in test. If he feeds off you and you survive, then you become somewhat immune to his powers.

Warbreaker Annotations (June 22, 2011)

52 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Fused could probably wrap it in Aluminum and carry it for enough time to the ocean before their minds are taken over.

It takes seconds not minuets for Nightblood to Force Suicide.

52 minutes ago, Listener said:

Yes, it is.

Where? The only ones we see with it are Leshwi, Raboniel, and El, Some of the most important Fused we know of.

53 minutes ago, Listener said:

Whatever the reasons are, he's going to do better than Rayse and he can come up with a better plan.

Like what?

53 minutes ago, Listener said:

Fused have the number advantage since the Skybreakers aligned with them, and it says so as early as the preview chapters that they are more Heavenly Ones than there are Windrunners. They probably already know they need the sheath considering how they stole it in OB. They'd have to get it back from Szeth's corpse but then they can tuck it away safely and they wouldn't even need to use it.

If they touched the blade after any substancial period of Time out of the Sheath forget the Suicide effect it will consume their souls, they don't hold enough Voidlight to sate it.

And how would using the sheath to block it let them know that turns it off? For all they know it's just ordinary Aluminum.

55 minutes ago, Listener said:

Again, unknown advantage. Rayse didn't know that Nightblood was there and was taken by susprise.

But he knew about Nightblood, and for a year couldn't do anything about it.

4 minutes ago, Frustration said:

If he couldn't defend against it, and he wasn't instantly killed mind you how are Heralds going to be untouched? If it nicks them they die, if it hit's their blade it will begin to break it, this is something they have not dealt with before, and Nightblood has other properties, even mostly sheathed Szeth broke a man's back with it in a single hit.

He couldn’t see anything because Renarin was there.

Heralds can avoid blows we see from Ishar. 6 highly trained Windrunner don’t touch him. Heralds can’t be touched they never have been.

6 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Easy fix

How exactly do they do this if they need to pick it up on the battlefield? You can’t just take 5 minutes and let Nightblood feed on you.

Where? The only ones we see with it are Leshwi, Raboniel, and El, Some of the most important Fused we know of.

High ranking fused get them.

Like what?

Feild thousands of troops in a surprise assoult when Szeth out for coffee 

8 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Szeth was locked up the whole time and there was no reason to deal with him.

Taravangian knows full well what he is capable of, and will take every opportunity to rid Roshar of Nightblood

1 minute ago, Bejardin1250 said:

He couldn’t see anything because Renarin was there.

He wasn't killed instantly, but what did he do? Nothing, he couldn't, not being able to see it coming doen't mean he can do anything about it once the attack happens.

2 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Heralds can avoid blows we see from Ishar. 6 highly trained Windrunner don’t touch him. Heralds can’t be touched they never have been.

Then how did they die?

2 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

How exactly do they do this if they need to pick it up on the battlefield? You can’t just take 5 minutes and let Nightblood feed on you.

Once he starts your fine.

3 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

High ranking fused get them.

High ranking Fused and only HIgh ranking Fused that's my point, your making the same argument that I am why are you bringing it up like I don't know?

4 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Feild thousands of troops in a surprise assoult when Szeth out for coffee 

Szeth isn't just going to walk out alone into enemy held teritory trying to get Coffee.

4 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Szeth was locked up the whole time and there was no reason to deal with him.

Rayse was terrified of Nightblood why wouldn't he do something.

5 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Taravangian knows full well what he is capable of, and will take every opportunity to rid Roshar of Nightblood

He didn't seem that intrested in doing that.

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Easy fix

Reveal hidden contents

Brandon Sanderson

Another note here is that Nightblood can sense where Vasher is. This is because Nightblood has ingested and fed off Vasher's Breaths in the past. When he does that, it connects him to someone. It's also, by the way, one of the secrets as to why Vasher doesn't get sick when holding Nightblood, even though he's a good person. It's not simply familiarity (though that is part of it). Nightblood has a built-in test. If he feeds off you and you survive, then you become somewhat immune to his powers.

Warbreaker Annotations (June 22, 2011)

It takes seconds not minuets for Nightblood to Force Suicide.

Like what?

If they touched the blade after any substancial period of Time out of the Sheath forget the Suicide effect it will consume their souls, they don't hold enough Voidlight to sate it.

And how would using the sheath to block it let them know that turns it off? For all they know it's just ordinary Aluminum.

The heralds would be surprised at first and if he strikes quickly, he has a chance at succeeding. But once they see what it can do, they can just evade the blade and stab him. Nightblood gives a strong advantage, but no matter how good Szeth is, its unlikely he can beat a Herald.

It'll be time consuming for a Radiant to survive that and if Szeth does fall, he's likely surrounded. A Fused can just take it or use a pair of aluminum tongs and flee back to Kholinar or somewhere equally inpenetrable.

Encasing it with aluminum would interfere.

Even if only a few Fused have it, a couple of those combined with some heavy Skybreaker support could take Szeth down with some time. Faster, if a Herald is there. Szeth isn't the best fighter in the Radiants by far, and even with Nightblood as an equalizer and Windrunners alongside him, he will eventually fall.

How would know? BS definitely has some master plan that will blow my mind and I doubt I can figure it out.

They aren't stupid enough to leave the sheath behind.

Back in the Battle of the Thaylen Field, a Fused stole the sheath so the sword started consuming Szeth. So they probably know.

I think he means there as in in the vision. If not, then Renarin was in the tower near Szeth and, anyway, they couldn't exactly break in.

4 minutes ago, Frustration said:

He wasn't killed instantly, but what did he do? Nothing, he couldn't, not being able to see it coming doen't mean he can do anything about it once the attack happens.

Then how did they die?

High ranking Fused and only HIgh ranking Fused that's my point, your making the same argument that I am why are you bringing it up like I don't know?

Szeth isn't just going to walk out alone into enemy held teritory trying to get Coffee.

Rayse was terrified of Nightblood why wouldn't he do something.

Nightblood was sucking his soul, what do you expect him to do?

They didnt die, Szeth surprised him by cutting the Connections.

Judging by OB, I'm pretty sure it gets worse the further it goes. And its beside the point sine it'll probably be a Fused who grabs it.

Rayse couldnt see Nightblood very well because of Renarin.

He will be interested now since he knows from personal experience that the sword can kill a Vessel.

Also, sorry for the double post but I still haven't figured out how to add quotes while editing my previous posts.

6 minutes ago, Listener said:

Encasing it with aluminum would interfere.

Even Nightbloods Sheath doesn't do that, and it's aluminum specifically designed to keep him contained.

Even if only a few Fused have it, a couple of those combined with some heavy Skybreaker support could take Szeth down with some time. Faster, if a Herald is there. Szeth isn't the best fighter in the Radiants by far, and even with Nightblood as an equalizer and Windrunners alongside him, he will eventually fall.

3rd Oath Kal beat Szeth. If he falls someone else can take it, he's not going to be complelty mobbed by others Heavenly ones fight 1 v 1 and Skybreakers follow their rules.

How would know? BS definitely has some master plan that will blow my mind and I doubt I can figure it out.

If you can't even fathom what it is why should I take it as a counter argument?

They aren't stupid enough to leave the sheath behind.

They aren't that bright, to them it's just Rakalest why would they care?

Back in the Battle of the Thaylen Field, a Fused stole the sheath so the sword started consuming Szeth. So they probably know.

You mean one of the fused Szeth killed for good? how are they supposed to learn form that?

I'm going to continue for the next post,

Heralds have died before, even Taln has and he was the best.

Rayse knew enough to try something but Nightblood was obviously beyond his reach.

Edited by Frustration

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

Even Nightbloods Sheath doesn't do that, and it's aluminum specifically designed to keep him contained.

3rd Oath Kal beat Szeth. If he falls someone else can take it, he's not going to be complelty mobbed by others Heavenly ones fight 1 v 1 and Skybreakers follow their rules.

If you can't even fathom what it is why should I take it as a counter argument?

You mean one of the fused Szeth killed for good? how are they supposed to learn form that?

They could probably pass it around or find some unfortunate singer who is good and lash him or her to the air via Heavenly One.

My point is that if someone killed Szeth, his attacker is likely right next to him.

I don't know what it is but we all know its there. 

It would keep them from being destroyed, of course they would care. Some Fused are very bright, plus, don't forget, Todium now leads them and he knows about the sword.

They didn't kill him since Lift was there to help. One of them stole the sheath.

Who’s to say they’ll won’t break these rules under Odiums Cammand.

And if it’s Nightblood a few Heavenly ones might care more about getting the sword than Honor.

Heralds have died before, even Taln has and he was the best.

Exactly and Szeth isn’t as strong as Taln 

Therefore the enemy obviously has a way to kill him.

9 hours ago, Frustration said:

Only if they past the test which is unlikely, to happen when your surrounded

Rayse knew enough to try something but Nightblood was obviously beyond his reach.

Obviously he didn’t know about Nightblood, or the extent of what it could do. Because he would have done something.

Tarvangian does and will do something.

9 hours ago, Listener said:

One of the Fised stole the sheath. Why would they do that if it’s just Ralkelest.

All the sane fused are incredibly smart probably, they’ve been alive for 7000 years.

That’s not what you were saying. I was clarifying for the sake of clarification.

How on Roshar can you know this. He’s been TOdium for one day.

That’s why’ll they’ll do a surprise attack.

Who’s to say they’ll won’t break these rules under Odiums Cammand.

Even if they do, which I find unlikely then they won't outnumber the Radiants for long, mobbing is an increadibly costly tactic in this situation

Exactly and Szeth isn’t as strong as Taln 

But Nightblood is stronger and that's all that matters for the sake of this argument

Obviously he didn’t know about Nightblood, or the extent of what it could do. Because he would have done something.

RoW page 572

"Szeth.

The sword.

Odium feared the sword."

Doesn't seem like he didn't know he was obviously well aware or he wouldn't be scarred of it.

One of the Fised stole the sheath. Why would they do that if it’s just Ralkelest.

Becasue it can be used to parry.

All the sane fused are incredibly smart probably, they’ve been alive for 7000 years.

I haven't seen anything confirming this.

How on Roshar can you know this. He’s been TOdium for one day.

We saw his mind, he wasn't even thinking about Nightblood.

That’s why’ll they’ll do a surprise attack.

How are you going to surprise him with a thousand troops?