The Weapon that destroyed Adonalsium... maybe?

Parzival

Alright, so as of Dawnshard we have confirmation that the Dawnshards were used in the Shattering of Adonalsium. My question is, were there four diferent people that each wielded a dawnshard against Adonalsium, or is it possible that one person took up all four Dawnshards at once to perform the Shattering?

Now, my obvious first most guess for who would have wielded all four is Hoid, and this could maybe explain his lingering effects of holding a dawnshard, because when he held all four it stretched his spirit web greatly and left it altered. I bet he probably only used all four to shatter Adonalsium and then just kept one, the one that has alter him to make him incapable of eating meat or harming others. What are y'alls thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, Parzival said:

Alright, so as of Dawnshard we have confirmation that the Dawnshards were used in the Shattering of Adonalsium. My question is, were there four diferent people that each wielded a dawnshard against Adonalsium, or is it possible that one person took up all four Dawnshards at once to perform the Shattering?

Now, my obvious first most guess for who would have wielded all four is Hoid, and this could maybe explain his lingering effects of holding a dawnshard, because when he held all four it stretched his spirit web greatly and left it altered. I bet he probably only used all four to shatter Adonalsium and then just kept one, the one that has alter him to make him incapable of eating meat or harming others. What are y'alls thoughts on this?

I don't think Hoid still has a Dawnshard, could be wrong on that. I'm pretty sure there's a WoB that they were used as magnets, so that makes me think four separate people used them.

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

I don't think Hoid still has a Dawnshard, could be wrong on that. I'm pretty sure there's a WoB that they were used as magnets, so that makes me think four separate people used them.

You're right he no longer has a dawnshard, jsut suffers residual effects of having held one (or maybe 4) for so long, however I doubt that he would give up a dawnshard till after things had setteld down post-shattering. Lots of danger when the Shards were still young I bet. 

I haven't read this WoB, do you have a link for it or know when it was so I could read it?

9 hours ago, Parzival said:

You're right he no longer has a dawnshard, jsut suffers residual effects of having held one (or maybe 4) for so long, however I doubt that he would give up a dawnshard till after things had setteld down post-shattering. Lots of danger when the Shards were still young I bet. 

I haven't read this WoB, do you have a link for it or know when it was so I could read it?

I don't actually know if it's a WoB, I just think I've read that before.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:39 AM, Parzival said:

All the things.

https://wob.coppermind.net/adv_search/?query=Hoid+dawnshard

FYI, you don't hold a Dawnshard, you ARE a Dawnshard. Same language was used in the Dawnshard story in relation to Rysn. This probably precludes being able to "hold" multiple Dawnshards. The nature of Dawnshards as described so far also lead me to think you can't be multiple Dawnshards.

8 hours ago, Leuthie said:

FYI, you don't hold a Dawnshard, you ARE a Dawnshard. Same language was used in the Dawnshard story in relation to Rysn. This probably precludes being able to "hold" multiple Dawnshards. The nature of Dawnshards as described so far also lead me to think you can't be multiple Dawnshards.

This is true, just like you ARE a shard and we know you can be multiple at once, so I'd say it isn't implauible to be able to be mutliple Dawnshards

My idea was they kind of shared the Dawnshards to bypass the "breadth of understanding of a God", for example Tanavast, Aona, Skai and Rayse would have helped with the Known to Bind Dawnshard while Koreavellium, Ati and two other would have helped with the Change one