8 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

"Speaking of antagonists . . ." Xanatos muttered jokingly, so that the woman couldn't hear him. "And I resent being called 'mere words on a page.' I had a television series dedicated to my glorious exploits." He smirked, already responses to his friends' most likely arguments.

Kelsier chuckled. “Supposedly I’m getting a movie... eventually. Brandon’s been trying anyway. Got to give him credit for that. If we keep hitting the N.Y. Times bestseller it might actually happen.

”Provided his universe gets over that pandemic plot twist, anyway. Their author really needs some new content; it got old after the first episode.”

Am I sick and tired of this pandemic making everyone sick and tired? Yes. Yes, I am. At least I can make terrible jokes about it.

14 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

"Speaking of antagonists . . ." Xanatos muttered jokingly, so that the woman couldn't hear him. "And I resent being called 'mere words on a page.' I had a television series dedicated to my glorious exploits." He smirked, already responses to his friends' most likely arguments.

“I wouldn’t recommend resenting anything that domes out of Kell’s mouth, he can get a little touchy. Anyway, a show doesn’t dispute the fact that we are all still a story being told to entertain the poor people of this isolated world.”

And, completely unrelated to the plot, this is why I love lillies: image.thumb.jpg.f277098812733c7f47fd7940c1e58689.jpg

I bought these a week ago. Buy lillies and you’ll have stunning flowers for at least two weeks. Sometimes three. Aren’t they just gorgeous?! And huge!

2 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

“I wouldn’t recommend resenting anything that domes out of Kell’s mouth, he can get a little touchy. Anyway, a show doesn’t dispute the fact that we are all still a story being told to entertain the poor people of this isolated world.”

“Please,” Kelsier laughed. “You’re just jealous because David and Leigh left a will saying they wanted no adaptations ever.”

“That’s because they didn’t want anyone to mess with perfection.”

Nice lillies! I’m in love with their colour :wub:.

And I hope you’re okay Kingsdaughter, it’s been a long year and a bit. But vaccines are rolling out  like the light at the end of the tunnel XD. 

12 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

“That’s because they didn’t want anyone to mess with perfection.”

“Which is why Brandon’s demanding creative control; he’s the only one who gets to mess with us!”

I’m fine. Just tired of idiots not understanding the concept of ‘invisible disability.’ If I cover my nose I will hyperventilate and faint because I can’t get enough oxygen through the stupid mask. And you cannot tell me my scarf isn’t good enough either. No, you are not allowed to refuse service because I have an invisible disability and yes I can sue you if you do so. Disabilities are an exception to mask rules. https://www.adasoutheast.org/ada/publications/legal/ada-and-face-mask-policies.php#edn26

And yes, hypotension is actually a medical issue! Potentially a more immediately severe one than hypertension actually.https://www.onhealth.com/content/1/low_blood_pressure_hypotension  Basically I’m oxygen deprived all the time because my blood pressure is too low. So if I wear a mask over my nose I faint. And I have had it up to here with people telling me to cover my nose or telling me a scarf isn’t good enough. Not all disabilities are visible!!! In fact most disabilities that would require you not to wear a mask are invisible because “oxygen deprivation issues” don’t usually have visible effects until it’s dangerous.

So basically I’m done with Covid because all the health precautions are exacerbating a prior health issue that used to not be an issue unless I was doing extensive blood work. Ironically, despite not wearing a mask properly because I literally can’t, I’ve never had Covid. And I live in NYC, where half the people don’t wear masks anyway, and I do all the shopping. I did the antibody test because I thought I might have just been asymptomatic, but nope! Never had it.

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Which is why Brandon’s demanding creative control; he’s the only one who gets to mess with us!”

“With us? With you more like it. Although Brandon’s quest for creative control is a worthy one in my opinion.” Silk said, glad to be agreeing with Kelsier on this particular argument. “That is why having a deceased author is such a handy thing; No one can mess with me.” He stopped to consider  “Unless, of course, Narrator Twig mucks up the continuity. Anyways, when should continue our shopping expedited. What’s next on the list? Clothes?”

That sounds really tough, it sounds so frustrating people just not understanding or sympathising, especially when you seriously at risk of feinting because of a mask. It’s good that you haven’t had it. Would you be more likely to experience worse symptoms because of your hypertension?

I live in Australia so haven’t  had to deal with the brunt of COVID. The Aus govts has been super strict, a city (Brisbane) had one case and went into lockdown for 3 days which was a little overboard IMO, but it was quite effective so I’m not going complain.

1 hour ago, Lecky Twig said:

“With us? With you more like it. Although Brandon’s quest for creative control is a worthy one in my opinion.” Silk said, glad to be agreeing with Kelsier on this particular argument. “That is why having a deceased author is such a handy thing; No one can mess with me.” He stopped to consider  “Unless, of course, Narrator Twig mucks up the continuity. Anyways, when should continue our shopping expedited. What’s next on the list? Clothes?”

I love how your characters are just casually breaking the fourth wall.

Fred and George are staring at the three boys, confused. "What are you all talking about." Said Fred

"Who is this Brandon person." Said George.

4 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

HYPOtension. Hypertension is high blood pressure, which is pretty common. Hypotension is low blood pressure, which is the much rarer opposite problem. Since most people, especially older people, have/are familiar with hypertension, they tend not to get why low blood pressure is an issue. At least I can claim I eat potato chips for health reasons, lol!

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George are staring at the three boys, confused. "What are you all talking about." Said Fred

"Who is this Brandon person." Said George.

“Clothes,” Kelsier agreed cheerfully. “And Brandon is my ghostwriter. Now, where was this clothing store?”

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Over there." said Fred.

They headed over to the store. They were very confused at this point.

Kelsier smiled, heading toward a shop reading Madame Malkin’s Fine Robes for All Occasions. He pushed open the shop door, grinning rakishly at the squat woman in mauve. She turned away from the small, dark haired boy whose robes she’d been pinning.

”Madame Malkin, I presume?” Kelsier asked, bowing slightly.

The woman tittered lightly as she glanced at him. “So polite! Here for robes dearie?”

”Yes,” Kelsier answered. “For me and my friends.”

Madame Malkin nodded, pointing toward a small settee. “Wait there, dearie. I’ll be with you just as soon as I finish with these.” She nodded at the two boys standing on platforms, the dark haired main character, and blond boy with pointed features. 

Kelsier smirked as he looked over the two. The story lines were weaving around them. Rivals, it seemed. Well, wouldn’t that be fun to tweak?

Eschewing the sofa, he headed over to the two boys. “Kelsier,” he said cheerfully. “I’d offer a hand, but I doubt the ladies would appreciate it.  I don’t suppose you’d care to introduce yourselves?”

”Draco Malfoy,” the blond drawled, obviously trying to sound sophisticated. It was a good attempt, but a bit overdone in Kelsier’s opinion.

”Harry Potter,” the second boy said.

The first promptly whirled about, causing the assistant to cry out in dismay, even as she turned to stare, as did the shop owner. The dark haired boy sighed. “Um... hi?”

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smiled, heading toward a shop reading Madame Malkin’s Fine Robes for All Occasions. He pushed open the shop door, grinning rakishly at the squat woman in mauve. She turned away from the small, dark haired boy whose robes she’d been pinning.

”Madame Malkin, I presume?” Kelsier asked, bowing slightly.

The woman tittered lightly as she glanced at him. “So polite! Here for robes dearie?”

”Yes,” Kelsier answered. “For me and my friends.”

Madame Malkin nodded, pointing toward a small settee. “Wait there, dearie. I’ll be with you just as soon as I finish with these.” She nodded at the two boys standing on platforms, the dark haired main character, and blond boy with pointed features. 

Kelsier smirked as he looked over the two. The story lines were weaving around them. Rivals, it seemed. Well, wouldn’t that be fun to tweak?

Eschewing the sofa, he headed over to the two boys. “Kelsier,” he said cheerfully. “I’d offer a hand, but I doubt the ladies would appreciate it.  I don’t suppose you’d care to introduce yourselves?”

”Draco Malfoy,” the blond drawled, obviously trying to sound sophisticated. It was a good attempt, but a bit overdone in Kelsier’s opinion.

”Harry Potter,” the second boy said.

The first promptly whirled about, causing the assistant to cry out in dismay, even as she turned to stare, as did the shop owner. The dark haired boy sighed. “Um... hi?”

Fred and George's jaws dropped. "Well. This is an unexpected surprise." Said Fred.

They both looked at Harry. "Do you really have a scar on your forehead?" Said George.

18 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George's jaws dropped. "Well. This is an unexpected surprise." Said Fred.

They both looked at Harry. "Do you really have a scar on your forehead?" Said George.

Kelsier shot the twins a mock glare. “Well, that’s hardly polite.” He turned back to Harry. “Sorry about them. It’s nice to meet you. Both of you,” he added, making sure to face Draco as well.

The blond haired boy scoffed slightly. “What else would you expect from Weasleys?”

Kelsier smiles, a slight edge to the grin. “Kindness, I suppose. Seeing as they’ve been nice enough to shepherd three lost foreigners about all day.”

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier shot the twins a mock glare. “Well, that’s hardly polite.” He turned back to Harry. “Sorry about them. It’s nice to meet you. Both of you,” he added, making sure to face Draco as well.

The blond haired boy scoffed slightly. “What else would you expect from Weasleys?”

Kelsier smiles, a slight edge to the grin. “Kindness, I suppose. Seeing as they’ve been nice enough to shepherd three lost foreigners about all day.”

Fred sighed. "I suppose you didn't see the irony in that statement." he said.

9 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred sighed. "I suppose you didn't see the irony in that statement." he said.

I kind of expected them to snipe back.

The blond sniffed haughtily, looking away. “I suppose that was... kind.” It sounded like the admission paid him.

The dark haired boy glared at the blonde. “You suppose? It sounds really nice to me.” He turned smiling. “Hey, I, um, didn’t get you names?”

”Kelsier,” Kelsier repeated. “And it sounds like these three have some history.”

The blond sniffed haughtily, looking away. “I suppose that was... kind.” It sounded like the admission paid him.

The dark haired boy glared at the blonde. “You suppose? It sounds really nice to me.” He turned smiling. “Hey, I, um, didn’t get you names?”

”Kelsier,” Kelsier repeated. “And it sounds like these three have some history.”

"I'm Fred." Said George.

"I'm George." Said Fred.

That was the retort. Malfoy was saying that Weasleys aren't polite, and the way he said it was rude. IRONY! 

Kelsier raised a brow. “I thought your names were Gred and Forge?”

They grinned. "Well, you see, there are these things called jokes..." Said Fred.

"They happen to usually be funny." Said George.

"It really just depends on who's telling them." Said Fred.

14 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

They grinned. "Well, you see, there are these things called jokes..." Said Fred.

"They happen to usually be funny." Said George.

"It really just depends on who's telling them." Said Fred.

Kelsier smirked. “In my experience, the value of a joke is determined by its delivery and receipt. You can have the best joke, but if your audience doesn’t recognize the humor than it will ALWAYS fall flat.”

11 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked. “In my experience, the value of a joke is determined by its delivery and receipt. You can have the best joke, but if your audience doesn’t recognize the humor than it will ALWAYS fall flat.”

"Jokes don't necessarily have to be told to an audience. Some of my best jokes are private ones shared only with myself. Sometimes the most unfunny jokes are the funniest of jokes." 

18 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Jokes don't necessarily have to be told to an audience. Some of my best jokes are private ones shared only with myself. Sometimes the most unfunny jokes are the funniest of jokes." 

“Ah, but then you are your own audience. There is no one better suited to seeing the humor - or critiquing it.”

"Oh, I've had enough experience to refine my humor, there is no one better suited to my humor apart from me. Sure, others can enjoy it, but that isn't a necessary part of the process unless your name is Kelsier or that blonde kid; he looks like the type of kid who'd riot if he was left out of a joke." He nodded to the Harry and Draco "My name is Silk, it's been a pleasure to meet you both."

56 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Oh, I've had enough experience to refine my humor, there is no one better suited to my humor apart from me. Sure, others can enjoy it, but that isn't a necessary part of the process unless your name is Kelsier or that blonde kid; he looks like the type of kid who'd riot if he was left out of a joke." He nodded to the Harry and Draco "My name is Silk, it's been a pleasure to meet you both."

Kelsier smirked. “You realize you just repeated what I said, right?”

Draco inclines his head slightly, ingrained manners taking hold. “Draco Malfoy.”

”Harry Potter,” Harry said, offering a bad imitation of Draco’s head tilt.

Kelsier smirked. “You realize you just repeated what I said, right?”

Silk grinned "See, you understood that joke; you're doing well. Except you sort of extract from its enjoyment by pointing out the trick, but that's okay I'm sure we'll have plenty more opportunities to practice keeping a joke within the bounds of it's designated audience." 

1 minute ago, Lecky Twig said:

Silk grinned "See, you understood that joke; you're doing well. Except you sort of extract from its enjoyment by pointing out the trick, but that's okay I'm sure we'll have plenty more opportunities to practice keeping a joke within the bounds of it's designated audience." 

Kelsier laughed. “And that’s why I like hanging out with you.”

On 1/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

"Well they're certainly not polite, but we find them entertaining. It's hard to find companions as quick-witted as these two. But you already know that; it sounds like you know each other?"