13 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Ollivander turned to Kelsier. “You,” he stated, “are going to be difficult. Phoenix feather could work, but we may need something closer to the veil...” He trailed off, looking utterly delighted. 

”Here. Yew and Phoenix feather, fifteen inches. Give it a try.”

At this point, Fred and George were getting kind of frustrated. They hadn't heard Ollivander's comment about Kelsier not being completely alive, and were extremely confused. "Why is he going to be difficult? What is going on here." Said George, sounding utterly confused.

"Who are you three really?" Said Fred.

4 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

At this point, Fred and George were getting kind of frustrated. They hadn't heard Ollivander's comment about Kelsier not being completely alive, and were extremely confused. "Why is he going to be difficult? What is going on here." Said George, sounding utterly confused.

"Who are you three really?" Said Fred.

Kelsier lifted the wand, only to have it snatched away.

“No, no,” Ollivander said cheerfully. “That won’t do. Here try ...”

As Kelsier continued trying wands the old man glanced over at the twins. “He’s going to need a core with a Connection to the Veil. Perhaps a wood too.” He tapped his chin thoughtfully, then snatched away another wand.

Kelsier didn’t bother lifting the next one. “It’s too alive,” he noted. “I can feel it resisting me.”

Ollivander nodded. “Very good, very good. It’s the wood I’m testing. The length too; your friends wands are on the shorter side, but yours will be longer I suspect. Here,” he handed over another, “Fir and Phoenix feather, 16 1/2 inches.”

”Try sixteen exactly,” Kelsier suggested as he handed the wand back. “It has significance.”

Ollivander nodded. “Interesting,” he said turning the wand over. “Fir. My grandfather called these ‘Survivors’ wands’.”

Kelsier laughed. “Funny - that’s what people back home call me: the Survivor.”

”Do they?” Ollivander gazed thoughtfully at the blonde. “An odd name for a dead man.”

Kelsier shrugged. “I’m here, aren’t I?”

”True.” The old man smiled slightly. “Very true. I’ll go get your wand now.” He put the fur wand down, then headed into the depths of the shop.

”Interesting man,” Kelsier noted. “I think I like him.”

2 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier lifted the wand, only to have it snatched away.

“No, no,” Ollivander said cheerfully. “That won’t do. Here try ...”

As Kelsier continued trying wands the old man glanced over at the twins. “He’s going to need a core with a Connection to the Veil. Perhaps a wood too.” He tapped his chin thoughtfully, then snatched away another wand.

Kelsier didn’t bother lifting the next one. “It’s too alive,” he noted. “I can feel it resisting me.”

Ollivander nodded. “Very good, very good. It’s the wood I’m testing. The length too; your friends wands are on the shorter side, but yours will be longer I suspect. Here,” he handed over another, “Fir and Phoenix feather, 16 1/2 inches.”

”Try sixteen exactly,” Kelsier suggested as he handed the wand back. “It has significance.”

Ollivander nodded. “Interesting,” he said turning the wand over. “Fir. My grandfather called these ‘Survivors’ wands’.”

Kelsier laughed. “Funny - that’s what people back home call me: the Survivor.”

”Do they?” Ollivander gazed thoughtfully at the blonde. “An odd name for a dead man.”

Kelsier shrugged. “I’m here, aren’t I?”

”True.” The old man smiled slightly. “Very true. I’ll go get your wand now.” He put the fur wand down, then headed into the depths of the shop.

”Interesting man,” Kelsier noted. “I think I like him.”

"Dead!? What do you mean dead?" Fred yelled, as the man went further into the shop.

They turned to look at Kelsier. "What is going on?" George asked again.

29 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"You know that isn't what we meant. And why did he say you were dead?" Said Fred

Kelsier shrugged. “Not quite dead - I’m here, aren’t I? But I did die once and that leaves traces. I got better, obviously.” He frowned, eyes narrowing. “What? Wizards don’t know CPR?”

22 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier shrugged. “Not quite dead - I’m here, aren’t I? But I did die once and that leaves traces. I got better, obviously.” He frowned, eyes narrowing. “What? Wizards don’t know CPR?”

Fred and George looked at him, confused. "If you die, there is no bringing you back." Fred said slowly. "No one has been able to create a spell bring the person's mind back."

"There are the Inferi." George said. "But those are just mindless, walking corpses."

20 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Fred and George looked at him, confused. "If you die, there is no bringing you back." Fred said slowly. "No one has been able to create a spell bring the person's mind back."

"There are the Inferi." George said. "But those are just mindless, walking corpses."

Kelsier shook his head. “You really don’t have CPR? It’s a mundane technique. When someone’s heart stops you press on the chest to simulate the heart beat, keeping the brain alive until medical help arrives.

”They also have AEDs. They hit the heart with electricity which can force it to start beating again. And they sometimes shoot adrenaline into the heart, which can start it up too.

”The person isn’t truly dead, of course,” Kelsier added, smiling. “The heart has stopped, but if you can keep the brain alive there’s a chance you can resuscitate them. My body died, but my mind survived, so they were able to bring me back. Still, even ‘mostly dying’ leaves an effect. The wands can sense that on me.”

"Bah, stop filling their minds with all that rubbish. I doubt anyone has ever performed CPR on you" He turned to the twins "Kell just decided that instead of dying, he'd rather jump in a swimming pool. Kell likes to make that particular decision more sound more epic than it actually was; it's really not worth thinking about too much." 

6 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Bah, stop filling their minds with all that rubbish. I doubt anyone has ever performed CPR on you" He turned to the twins "Kell just decided that instead of dying, he'd rather jump in a swimming pool. Kell likes to make that particular decision more sound more epic than it actually was; it's really not worth thinking about too much." 

“I’ll have you know,” Kelsier replied with mock seriousness, “there was absolutely no water in it.”

24 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"True, true, but that does not discount the fact that fluffing around in deity brains isn't gross."

17 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier laughed. “That... is so completely wrong Kheldar that I’m not even sure where to start correcting you.”

"What is this rubbish about deity brains?" Said fred.

23 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier laughed. “That... is so completely wrong Kheldar that I’m not even sure where to start correcting you.”

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"What is this rubbish about deity brains?" Said fred.

"Exactly! It's absolute rubbish that Kell thinks is worthy of a novella." said Silk. 

Edited by Lecky Twig

53 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked. “You’re just jealous because you don’t have one. At least David here can claim major antagonist status. You don’t even get deuteragonist - that’s Belgareth.”

The twins are getting more and more confused. "Novels? What are you all talking about." Said George.

14 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

The twins are getting more and more confused. "Novels? What are you all talking about." Said George.

“Why,” Kelsier said lightly, “didn’t you know? We’re all but words on a page, given life by imagination. Characters in tales waiting to be written. Isn’t that life? A story being told.”

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smirked. “You’re just jealous because you don’t have one. At least David here can claim major antagonist status. You don’t even get deuteragonist - that’s Belgareth.”

"Hmmm, I guess you do have pits to be jealous of.  Anyway, I don't want to be Belgarath, he's ancient, even older than you!" He laughed easily, enjoying the conversation. "At least David knows that he's an antagonist."

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Why,” Kelsier said lightly, “didn’t you know? We’re all but words on a page, given life by imagination. Characters in tales waiting to be written. Isn’t that life? A story being told.”

I am now getting images of Kelsier traveling to a reality with Brandon Sanderson, and punching him in the face.

Just now, Lecky Twig said:

"Hmmm, I guess you do have pits to be jealous of.  Anyway, I don't want to be Belgarath, he's ancient, even older than you!" He laughed easily, enjoying the conversation. "At least David knows that he's an antagonist."

"You are all strange." Said George.

"Well, it beats listening to Percy." Said Fred.

They laughed "I think he thinks we will forget he is a perfect if he doesn't keep reminding us." Said George.

22 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"You are all strange." Said George.

"Well, it beats listening to Percy." Said Fred.

They laughed "I think he thinks we will forget he is a perfect if he doesn't keep reminding us." Said George.

“Try this,” Ollivander said, abruptly reappearing behind the twins. “Fir and Thestral tailhair. 16”. Powerful and unyielding.”

Kelsier nodded, accepting the wand. He swept it in a wide arc, mist bursting from the tip.

Ollivander smiled happily. “Very good, very good.” He took the wand back, carefully wrapping it. “Thestral hair makes powerful wands, but they’re notoriously unstable which is why I rarely use it. Be mindful of that.”

Kelsier laughed as he took the box. “Well, I’m hardly the most stable person myself. I’ll think we’ll get on fine.”

Ollivander shook his head, seemingly bemused. “Go on then. You’ve more shopping to do no doubt and I have other customers arriving.”

He nodded towards the street where a tall, elegant, blonde woman was approaching the shop.

8 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Try this,” Ollivander said, abruptly reappearing behind the twins. “Fir and Thestral tailhair. 16”. Powerful and unyielding.”

Kelsier nodded, accepting the wand. He swept it in a wide arc, mist bursting from the tip.

Ollivander smiled happily. “Very good, very good.” He took the wand back, carefully wrapping it. “Thestral hair makes powerful wands, but they’re notoriously unstable which is why I rarely use it. Be mindful of that.”

Kelsier laughed as he took the box. “Well, I’m hardly the most stable person myself. I’ll think we’ll get on fine.”

Ollivander shook his head, seemingly bemused. “Go on then. You’ve more shopping to do no doubt and I have other customers arriving.”

He nodded towards the street where a tall, elegant, blonde woman was approaching the shop.

"So, robes next?" Said Fred, neither of the twins were looking outside.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"So, robes next?" Said Fred, neither of the twins were looking outside.

Kelsier glanced over at his friends. Seeing no objections, he nodded. “Sounds good. Let’s go.” He headed over to the door, holding it open for blonde woman as she entered.

The woman raised a brow. “I see not all young men are entirely mannerless. My thanks; it’s good to see proper behavior from today’s youth.”

Kelsier smiled coyly. “You’re welcome,” he said, then exited the musty shop.

4 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier glanced over at his friends. Seeing no objections, he nodded. “Sounds good. Let’s go.” He headed over to the door, holding it open for blonde woman as she entered.

The woman raised a brow. “I see not all young men are entirely mannerless. My thanks; it’s good to see proper behavior from today’s youth.”

Kelsier smiled coyly. “You’re welcome,” he said, then exited the musty shop.

I am guessing that this is Narcissa Malfoy. If not, I can change my post.

Fred and George walked past her without acknowledging she was there.

"Speaking of antagonists . . ." Xanatos muttered jokingly, so that the woman couldn't hear him. "And I resent being called 'mere words on a page.' I had a television series dedicated to my glorious exploits." He smirked, already responses to his friends' most likely arguments.