Oakenwey: Thorns & Arrows

Zephrun’s Imperium

Jahora laughed in triumph as Rose sat up. "Hey, it's okay, it's okay. Remember us? from the tavern. Do you remember me, Jahora? We're like you, we can help you." He stood up from his place on the floor. "We're at my house at the moment, we're going to hunt a bounty together." he reminded her. He assessed her body, sitting like a statue on the couch. "I think it would help if we got you moving. Ya know, get the blood pumping." Then he used his magnetism to contract and release the springs of the couch at an angle, to propel Rose up, onto her feet and towards him. 

For a moment, she trembled slightly, terror in her eyes. And then she glared, suddenly grabbing Jahora by the front of the shirt and pulling him close to her. Her previously shy gaze was sharp, her grey eyes hard as stone. “If you ever speak of what you saw in the tavern to anyone,” she growled, “I swear on my father’s grave, I’ll…. I…” 

The anger drained from her face suddenly. She reverted back to the quiet young woman she’d been when they’d first seen her in the tavern, looking away, releasing him. Her breath came shakily and her eyes lost their hard gleam. She wasn’t angry; she was just frightened. Threatened. “Storm it all,” Rose whispered. She sat down on the ground and put her chin on her hands, staring forward sightlessly, feeling torn. “This was a bad idea, dammit, I should never have…”

11 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Jahora laughed in triumph as Rose sat up. "Hey, it's okay, it's okay. Remember us? from the tavern. Do you remember me, Jahora? We're like you, we can help you." He stood up from his place on the floor. "We're at my house at the moment, we're going to hunt a bounty together." he reminded her. He assessed her body, sitting like a statue on the couch. "I think it would help if we got you moving. Ya know, get the blood pumping." Then he used his magnetism to contract and release the springs of the couch at an angle, to propel Rose up, onto her feet and towards him. 

Kieran glared at Jahora. "You might apologize, or at least let her know where she is, before you start throwing her around like that." To Rose he says, "I apologize for your unwitting transportation, but I couldn't stop them, so I figured it was better if I stayed with you."

Edited by Fallapede

7 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"No, I don't, but it's still my duty to care for anyone unwell, especially if their illness is of my own doing, as I suspect it was in your case."

"Yeah... that's a cool trick, but maybe not use it on us?" Thank heaven's she's awake, she thought. Wait! Don't think! This child will hear! AH!

4 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"I can't help it. You're all so loud, especially her," Kieran says, nodding to Rose. "And no, I'm not your mother. Please, don't be alarmed."

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

"How do you know my mother?" Rose whispered. "Did she send you to keep an eye on me?"

Kess curses. "That's going to be annoying. And... mother? Why is your mother important?"

7 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"I've never met the woman. I only brought her up because you seem to be connecting us in your head. Why are you so afraid? Did she hurt you?"

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"I don't know, you seemed rather panicked at the thought she might be related. Not to pry, but..."

"Just. Stop. Talking. About her." Rose grew angry once again and stood up. "Well, you know what I am now," she said. "You've taken me here to lock me up?"

4 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Just. Stop. Talking. About her." Rose grew angry once again and stood up. "Well, you know what I am now," she said. "You've taken me here to lock me up?"

"Alright, alright, I won't ask." she replies. She pauses for a moment. "Why would we lock you up?"

Edited by AmazingGoob

Rose's face fell. "Oh..." she mumbled, realizing what was obviously happening. "I'm hallucinating. Of course, that's it. Yes, I'm probably still unconscious." The young woman began to pace. "Maybe I've been unconcious. Maybe... mother wasn't real. Maybe I'm still... in the... asylum... Oh, dear... No, I don't want to go back there, no..." 

33 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Rose's face fell. "Oh..." she mumbled, realizing what was obviously happening. "I'm hallucinating. Of course, that's it. Yes, I'm probably still unconscious." The young woman began to pace. "Maybe I've been unconcious. Maybe... mother wasn't real. Maybe I'm still... in the... asylum... Oh, dear... No, I don't want to go back there, no..." 

"Wait, what? No! No! You aren't hallucinating! This is real! Was it the light thing? Ah! Don't pass out again!" Her voice had a desperate edge to it as she spoke.

In the corner of the bar, a woman stands up. A pair of darkened glasses were slip into a pocket, revealing a pair of piercing green eyes. Purpose-filled eyes.

She has been chasing her target for over a year now. She is certain he does not know she is on his trail, and yet he has somehow managed to elude her up to this point. But no longer.

The hubbub of the tavern fades into a distant murmur as she focuses on her quarry. Jared Ecnelis. A unique man, and a dangerous one. Like herself, he is on a hunt- searching for his long-lost sister. A fool's errand. She has it on good authority that the woman he seeks died many years ago. She is certain he knows it, too; apparently, he has chosen to ignore it. Perhaps she is doing him a a favor by ending his fruitless search.

Her blade forms in her hand, the wind curling in on itself to form an almost glass-like substance. It makes no noise- even the slightest of disturbances may betray her to her quarry, stripping away the advantage of surprise.

Without further deliberation, she makes her move, stabbing the blade towards the unsuspecting Jared.

8 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

For a moment, she trembled slightly, terror in her eyes. And then she glared, suddenly grabbing Jahora by the front of the shirt and pulling him close to her. Her previously shy gaze was sharp, her grey eyes hard as stone. “If you ever speak of what you saw in the tavern to anyone,” she growled, “I swear on my father’s grave, I’ll…. I…” 

The anger drained from her face suddenly. She reverted back to the quiet young woman she’d been when they’d first seen her in the tavern, looking away, releasing him. Her breath came shakily and her eyes lost their hard gleam. She wasn’t angry; she was just frightened. Threatened. “Storm it all,” Rose whispered. She sat down on the ground and put her chin on her hands, staring forward sightlessly, feeling torn. “This was a bad idea, dammit, I should never have…”

"Hey it's okay, it's okay. I'm not going to talk about the tavern, none of us will, " Jahora said gesturing around the room "not if you don't want us to. Right guys?" He sat down on the couch were Rose had been and finished off his pie that had started to go cold. 

8 hours ago, Fallapede said:

Kieran glared at Jahora. "You might apologize, or at least let her know where she is, before you start throwing her around like that." To Rose he says, "I apologize for your unwitting transportation, but I couldn't stop them, so I figured it was better if I stayed with you."

Jahora sighed, "I already told her we were at my place, but I suppose I could elaborate. I we're in the slums, the room behind my shop. There's accommodation upstairs, although there may not be enough spare room for all of you; some of you may have to share." 

8 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"She's not important," Rose said quickly.

Jahora leaned back and stareted tapping his foot softly. Yeah right she's not important! I'll pry your mother out of you someday Rose. 

7 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Jahora stood up and caught Rose as she paced into him "I'd be disappointed if this is all just an illusion, I was kind of getting to like you guys." He looked her in the eyes and said "your not in the asylum, your in my home. And you won't go back to the asylum, not alone at least; I mean, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Selene managed to put us all there together." He grimaced at the thought, then muttered "There's no telling what that girl will do to you." 

Edit:

Selene's name was brought up briefly back at the tavern, but that was a while ago, so here's a reminder that she is the bounty we're hunting. 

Edited by Lecky Twig

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Without further deliberation, she makes her move, stabbing the blade towards the unsuspecting Jared.

That was it, then.

Nekri watched the horse run off to who-knows-where, carrying the girl and the top-hat man and whomever else they’d allowed. Leaving Nekri here, with Topien and the rest of the folks who’d for some reason arrived here too. He sighed, changing his hair colour because he felt like it, then glanced at the business card once more. There’d be no use using that: every bounty hunter here and his dog would be chasing after the obvious bait. No, he needed something else. Something else nobody would steal from him.

He perked upright suddenly, a memory coming to the forefront of his mind. Jared. Jared had bolted in, looking for some woman almost frantically. Nekri had been so absorbed with the obvious bounty with the top hat man that he’d missed the one that had been dangled right in front of his face. Sure, Jared hadn’t explicitly offered money for locating the woman, but maybe Nekri could... cut a deal.

That was it, then. The solution. Hurriedly he made his way to where he remembered Jared had waited by, looking from the window — just in time to spot a woman stabbing something towards him.

“Stop!” Nekri yelled, illusions flying from his fingertips in all sorts of abstract shapes and colours, filling the room. Of course, they could do nothing. They were just illusions, after all.

@xinoehp512